GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony going bust!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/09/02 at 13:03
Regular
I have heard somewhere that Sony is running out of money since they dropped their price down again to make it in the console wars against Microplop and Kidtendo. I heard it on one of my most trusted sites, I really hope it doesn't go the way of the Dreamcast.
Tue 03/09/02 at 13:03
"The Will of D."
I have heard somewhere that Sony is running out of money since they dropped their price down again to make it in the console wars against Microplop and Kidtendo. I heard it on one of my most trusted sites, I really hope it doesn't go the way of the Dreamcast.
Tue 03/09/02 at 13:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Sony will not go bust. They also make many fine electronic equipment, which makes them about a gazillion dollars a day. Don't worry, you mentalist.
Tue 03/09/02 at 14:16
Regular
"  "
He's not worry. He's stiring.
Tue 03/09/02 at 14:58
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I don't know where you heard this from, as it sounds absolute bollards to me.

For one thing, as has been mentioned, Sony sells electrical goods of a wide verity, not just consoles. These could bring a shed load of profit over the money the company gets from its console.

For a second thing, The PS2 and PS1 are two of the biggest selling consoles ever, each selling 150 million consoles between them, and then there is the software, as well as hardware on top of that which would bring in a huge profit.

Thirdly, If Sony where going bust then I doubt they would be developing yet another console for the next generation of games machines, namely the PS3.

This sounds like a rumour that I suspect was started by a fanboy who wanted to reassure himself that the console they own wouldn’t fail because of the PS2's success.
Tue 03/09/02 at 15:09
"High polygon count"
It is, cipro - complete bollards!

This is from http://www.redherring.com/insider /2002/0719/playstation071902.html

-----

"Along with the amount it will spend in its alliance with IBM and Toshiba, Sony is planning to spend billions more on designing and building the PlayStation 3 console, not to mention the advertising, marketing, and expensive broadband connections. Sony had $5.1 billion in cash at the end of fiscal 2002 (ended March), enough to finance its ambitious plans. Its game division accounted for 62 percent of the $1 billion in operating income that Sony reported, thanks to strong sales of the PlayStation 2."
Tue 03/09/02 at 15:36
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Mad fool !
Tue 03/09/02 at 16:03
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
What a load of rubbish, I can't believe I even read it.
Tue 03/09/02 at 16:45
Regular
"ProGolfer"
LOL.
Tue 03/09/02 at 17:08
Regular
"Still luv her?! dun"
Dat's no true GS, With the PS2, Sony has obtained world domination, besides, with PS2 games selling like hotcakes with free donuts, Sony'll never go bust, Dammit! Never!
Tue 03/09/02 at 17:24
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
he meant the playstation section of sony.
They are losing loads of money since square (game developer studio) started making games for nintendo. And all their 'exclusive' characters are on other consoles.
Crash, tomb raider, metal gear solid, only to name a few.
sure sony will still be huge in the music industry but what was being said was that just dont expect to see the ps3 ever.
sony spent loads of money on development only days before they relised their money problem problem.

every one who wants a ps2 will soon have one so they lowered the price not only to compete with microplop and kidtendo but also to get microplop and kidtendo fans to consider getting a ps2.

cool out

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.