GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thoughts on various topics."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/09/02 at 11:30
Regular
Ok, this post will be a bit of a mish-mash of stuff. Just my thoughts on various things going on at the moment.

First up: The Iraq situation. Haven't seen the news all weekend, so not sure what's currently going on. But in my view, removing Saddam from power would be a very bad move. Why? Well, the US (as they'll probably be the main force behind any measures taken) will have to use force to do remove him.

What happens when he's gone? Well, someone else will take power, and they'll hate the West even more, so the cycle of violence will get even worse, and it'll continue. There needs to be a peaceful end to this.

Also, if Iraq is attacked, then the Middle East would probably all band together, against a common enemy if you like. And who *may* that help out a bit? Mr Bin Laden, of course. All in all, war is never a good move, but it really needs to be avoided this time.

Second, Global Warming:

Burning fossil fuels is a band move, as well know. But it's not the only contributory factor. How many shops do you walk past in Winter which have their doors wide open, and hot air blasting out? Lots, I'd guess. Has no one thought that chucking out hot air into the atmosphere all Winter may not actually be such a good move, eh?

And it's not just in Winter either, in the summer air conditioning units throw out hot air as well. And most shops and offices are air conditioned. So it would seem that there are other factors that need controlling, not just burning fossil fuels.

Third, People being sick on trains:

I spent the weekend at my birds place in Surrey, and got the train home yesterday evening. This real drunk bird got on with someone that looked old enough to be her dad. She chundered big style. It splattered with a quite impressive, er, splatter. But the smell? Oh mate, it bloody reeked. The bloke she was with was making sure she was ok, at it was obvious she was really drunk but would be ok, so I moved away. But all I could hear all the way into Waterloo was her being ill. Not nice.

Fourth, Shopping with birds:

I'm a little scared, to tell you the truth. I was dragged shopping on saturday, and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I've always hated shopping, but this wasn't actually that bad. Don't get me wrong, I didn't enjoy it (so no panic just yet), but it's certainly worrying and something I'll need to keep my eye on.

Fifth, The Coldplay album is absolute b0||ocks. Buy The Music's album instead. It's far superior.

Er, discuss. or something.
Tue 03/09/02 at 11:30
Regular
Ok, this post will be a bit of a mish-mash of stuff. Just my thoughts on various things going on at the moment.

First up: The Iraq situation. Haven't seen the news all weekend, so not sure what's currently going on. But in my view, removing Saddam from power would be a very bad move. Why? Well, the US (as they'll probably be the main force behind any measures taken) will have to use force to do remove him.

What happens when he's gone? Well, someone else will take power, and they'll hate the West even more, so the cycle of violence will get even worse, and it'll continue. There needs to be a peaceful end to this.

Also, if Iraq is attacked, then the Middle East would probably all band together, against a common enemy if you like. And who *may* that help out a bit? Mr Bin Laden, of course. All in all, war is never a good move, but it really needs to be avoided this time.

Second, Global Warming:

Burning fossil fuels is a band move, as well know. But it's not the only contributory factor. How many shops do you walk past in Winter which have their doors wide open, and hot air blasting out? Lots, I'd guess. Has no one thought that chucking out hot air into the atmosphere all Winter may not actually be such a good move, eh?

And it's not just in Winter either, in the summer air conditioning units throw out hot air as well. And most shops and offices are air conditioned. So it would seem that there are other factors that need controlling, not just burning fossil fuels.

Third, People being sick on trains:

I spent the weekend at my birds place in Surrey, and got the train home yesterday evening. This real drunk bird got on with someone that looked old enough to be her dad. She chundered big style. It splattered with a quite impressive, er, splatter. But the smell? Oh mate, it bloody reeked. The bloke she was with was making sure she was ok, at it was obvious she was really drunk but would be ok, so I moved away. But all I could hear all the way into Waterloo was her being ill. Not nice.

Fourth, Shopping with birds:

I'm a little scared, to tell you the truth. I was dragged shopping on saturday, and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I've always hated shopping, but this wasn't actually that bad. Don't get me wrong, I didn't enjoy it (so no panic just yet), but it's certainly worrying and something I'll need to keep my eye on.

Fifth, The Coldplay album is absolute b0||ocks. Buy The Music's album instead. It's far superior.

Er, discuss. or something.
Tue 03/09/02 at 11:40
"Darkness, always"
Iraq:

Is the situation really that bad? Fear breeds competition, and so long as there is at least the threat of conflict, both sides will strive to develop the better firepower, the faster jets, the more efficient use of human and other resources.

Ultimately, the threat of conflict keeps up the pace of technological advance faster than any level of co-operative engagement ever will.

It will cost lives, but ultimately, avoiding world peace is a fairly good thing.

Global Warming:

Inevitable. too many people lack the capacity for change, when it is not imperative to them. And since fossil fuels are in much greater abundance than is ever reported, and will last us a few hundred years yet, the alteration of the climate through abuse is inevitable.

Girls being sick on trains:

Well, doesn't just apply to girls does it? Anyone being sick on a train is pretty nasty.

Shopping with birds:

Hate it, far too many of them dawdle too much when looking for something for themselves, and then rush you around when you're looking for something for you.

Coldplay:

Wouldn't have gone near it anyway.
Tue 03/09/02 at 12:41
Regular
"bWo > You"
Iraq

Better the devil you know, really, isn't it? We can't afford to send our troops into Iraq and risk them being killed without evidence.

Global warming

With King Bush as Head of the World, we're doomed to global warming. He has abandoned the Kyoto protocol, and while his Texas buddies have the White House under Republican control, he's going to continue pumping out greenhouse gases until we're left with no source of energy, without any research having gone into alternative sources.

The rest

Ditto
Tue 03/09/02 at 15:05
Regular
Early this morning I said to myself: "Go on Tony (Blair), surprise me: say you oppose attacking Iraq."

But no, today he has come out and said he is in favour. Nought but W's puppet.
Mon 09/09/02 at 19:21
Regular
"smile, it's free"
You know what could make a good, yet informative film?

How about a film tracking the progress of an ancient civilisation living on Venus, before it reached the state it was in. It follows their technological development, right up to the point where they realise what it going to happen to them, to their planet. Despite having time to reverse the situation however, their greed prevents them acting seriously until it is far too late. By the time evacuation becomes necessary, increased pressure on the government finally reveals that the people were lied to about space travel and past expeditions to other planets, and in fact no safe method of interplanetary travel exists, leaving them marooned on an increasingly inhospitable world as their society degenerates and their race is slowly wiped out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.