GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"For gods sake"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/09/02 at 19:17
Regular
My Joytech memory card corrupted so i lost all my save files, Rogue leader, Smash bros, ISS and monkey ball OMG!
Wed 04/09/02 at 03:15
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
mikelar wrote:
> Not all 3rd party hardware is rubbish though. I've had a memory card
> for my Playstation that was from a company I've never heard of (as is
> the case most of the time) It's got data from '99 which when I loaded
> onto my PS2 worked fine.

yeah first party stuff can be cack to like the thing they call the game cube. heard the x box is better and has a HDD for game saves too.
Tue 03/09/02 at 15:43
Regular
"Selected"
Not all 3rd party hardware is rubbish though. I've had a memory card for my Playstation that was from a company I've never heard of (as is the case most of the time) It's got data from '99 which when I loaded onto my PS2 worked fine.
Tue 03/09/02 at 14:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I've got the Datel 64mb un-official card.

Works like a charm.

And, after the experiances of the N64, it better!
Tue 03/09/02 at 14:31
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Sniper the exact same thing happened to me :'( Did you get your memory cad with 5 reddies? I've got the interact one too and thats fine, I actually put a topic about this memory card in the SR forum.
Tue 03/09/02 at 11:34
Regular
"innocent"
i learnt the hgard way, to ive always boguth the 3rd party memory cards mainly cos there cheaper and whn i had a psone i never had any probs so i bought a GAMESTER memory card for the gamecube and it also wiped all my data for no reason, just one day i came to load up a game and there was nothing on there, so i went out and bought the official nintendo one and ive not had any probs so far, so let this be a warning, dont buy GAMESTER gamecube memory cards. there crap, and unreliable,
Tue 03/09/02 at 10:26
Regular
Im waiting for the memory card new official memory card to come out.

Also,this is to people with unofficial controllers (in perticular the free one), is the size of the 2 sticks the same size as the official one?
I want to do the 2 grey stick thing with out ruining a £25 official controller.
Tue 03/09/02 at 01:18
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
§n][pe® wrote:
> My Joytech memory card corrupted so i lost all my save files, Rogue
> leader, Smash bros, ISS and monkey ball OMG!

shoulda got a x box then all your data would be ok thanx to the HDD and you wouldn't of had to pay £30 for a crappy mem card :)
Tue 03/09/02 at 00:25
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Joytech ones corrupt loads...

I got a massive big purple one with an 'i' on it....

Havn't had any probs with it, teh joytech one thouhgh is crap so I use it just for ISS2 teams...
Tue 03/09/02 at 00:13
Regular
"Selected"
I've got one of those but haven't had any problems yet. I heard somebody else in the customer help forums asking if they were unreliable but the staff member said they were fine. It also says on the boxing of the card that's it's reliable; this is a let down indeed....
Tue 03/09/02 at 00:02
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
§n][pe® wrote:
> My Joytech memory card corrupted so i lost all my save files, Rogue
> leader, Smash bros, ISS and monkey ball OMG!

A valuable lesson to be learned - never buy third party memory cards, they suck.

I had a third party PS1 memory card once and that fizzled out taking a number of game saves with it. Since then I've never touched another third party memory card and never will. Might be a little cheaper or have more space for the money, but its cheaper for a reason.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.