GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Did You Ever Want This?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/11/00 at 10:46
Regular
I know that when you were young you had some great idea of a game you could make, you can make this a reality, everyone I know has wanted to recreate their all time favorite game in 3D or add some humour to an all out blood bath to add some extra gameplay, you could even add your own photo and talk to your favorite characters! Well there is a new programme on the block and it's called
'DIV games studio', you might be thinking, "I can't programme anything" well this makes all that easy for you, everything is handed to you on a plate and stuffed into your PC.
You get sample games sothat you can mess around with them and give them crazy hairstyles of guns that shoot out fluffy pink objects, the only limit is your imagination. The only problem is, is that you need a 3D chip if you expect to make some high quality software, and you can only programme for the PC unless you have a black PSX(a transfer box, PC-PSX, very useful) but if you stick to it and include some orignal and interesting ideas into your game, you could be the next game producer of the generations to come!
If anyone asked me if they should buy this package I wouldn't hesitate to answer with a "YES!" it's so much fun you hardly realise your learning soething quite difficult.
This is only a novice programme, but when you get to grips with it you won't want to change, it's so fun and easy to use you can make a simple game completly from scratch in under a month.
Thu 23/11/00 at 10:46
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I know that when you were young you had some great idea of a game you could make, you can make this a reality, everyone I know has wanted to recreate their all time favorite game in 3D or add some humour to an all out blood bath to add some extra gameplay, you could even add your own photo and talk to your favorite characters! Well there is a new programme on the block and it's called
'DIV games studio', you might be thinking, "I can't programme anything" well this makes all that easy for you, everything is handed to you on a plate and stuffed into your PC.
You get sample games sothat you can mess around with them and give them crazy hairstyles of guns that shoot out fluffy pink objects, the only limit is your imagination. The only problem is, is that you need a 3D chip if you expect to make some high quality software, and you can only programme for the PC unless you have a black PSX(a transfer box, PC-PSX, very useful) but if you stick to it and include some orignal and interesting ideas into your game, you could be the next game producer of the generations to come!
If anyone asked me if they should buy this package I wouldn't hesitate to answer with a "YES!" it's so much fun you hardly realise your learning soething quite difficult.
This is only a novice programme, but when you get to grips with it you won't want to change, it's so fun and easy to use you can make a simple game completly from scratch in under a month.
Thu 23/11/00 at 11:04
>you can only programme for the PC unless you have a
> black PSX(a transfer box, PC-PSX, very useful)

You mean the Yaroze kit? :-)
Thu 23/11/00 at 11:41
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
That was about £500 last time I looked (about 3 years ago), is that what you got Fogmaster? Can I swop my Gameboy Color for your Dad?
Thu 23/11/00 at 13:25
Actually, It would be nice to be able to change games like you mention...but without the Gaming Knowlege. Only a few Games allow you to Change things in them, ie an editting function.... aparently the new Tomb Raider Game will have an Editting function for the PC so you can create your own levels...pretty cool. But Most Games Dont, either because this may mean that people dont have to by the sequel for more of the same (and so the company doesnt make as much money), or its a feature that cant be put in due to Time constraints.

However I think if Games Companys such as say Konami, made a Editor (Add on) Software, that you could install on your PC to change all your favourite Games Graphics and Level Designs I would buy it. Of Course the Software would allow you to edit all Konami Games That were Released in the Last Year, and Each Year a New Editor Pack would come out for all of that years New Games. Cheats and Extra Levels could also be put in to make the pack more interesting.
So Each Company would Make a collection of Editors for all their Best Selling Games, the money raised buy selling such software (which would probably sell, so long as you put just 1 or 2 extra, example levels from a Game such Metal Gear Solid) would more that compensate for Profit lost by not selling More Copies of a Sequel...it may even mean more copies of an original getting brought??
Thu 23/11/00 at 14:21
The layest consoles have debuging machines to create games which link up to pc via parallel prot and play test the games.

the ps2 version has test written in large blue letters on the front.

by the way anyone heard about INDREMA? look spretty good if you ask me.

bob
Thu 23/11/00 at 15:26
"possibly impossible"
How about that, Fogmaster won a game for yesterday's game-a-day by writing a post TODAY! Is that the first time this has happened, or weren't there any good posts from yesterday?

Anyway, well done Fogmaster.
Thu 23/11/00 at 15:41
Regular
Hurrah! It's finally happening!

(What's that?)

Newbies have stopped winning all the time!
Thu 23/11/00 at 16:22
I know, that is REALLY not fair.
I spent like 3 hours posting stuff yesterday!!!
Well frog, ya deserve it, just like all us old timers here in the forums, we deserve to win..
Thu 23/11/00 at 16:28
Regular
(Nudge nudge wink wink)
Thu 23/11/00 at 17:13
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
can't believe I won, very happy, thank you SR!
anyway, I thought the black PSX was £400, I could be wrong, they look cool and if forced, I could get one when my game goes platinum! ha ha, why do I do this to myself?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.