GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Demo Disks"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/09/02 at 15:55
Regular
I have started a petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/tb1988/petition.html
This is for Nintendo of Europe to make demo disks.
Visit and sign it, and it just might work!
Spread the word to other forums if possible aswell!
Wed 04/09/02 at 02:49
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Nintendo don't care about the games player i found that out with the snes.

goo luck trying to get a demo disk as i doubt the idiots will.
Tue 03/09/02 at 20:29
it cant work because games devolopers change theyre ideas all the time like n64 dinosaur planet now its on gamecube ravenblade got scraped the realistic zelda now see that uncompleted games are a waste of an aquired taste because games publishers like to change things around and dont like to be stuck to the things on a demo like if the new zelda game was feturing a contolable zelda on the demo but it was rubish and then they change it back to link people will cry false advertise ment
Tue 03/09/02 at 20:20
Regular
Signed it, but NOM are getting demo disks anyway.
Mon 02/09/02 at 20:25
Regular
Even if they released demo disks after a game had been released, it'd still be potentially useful for the majority of gamers, who wouldn't buy a game immediately after release...
Mon 02/09/02 at 18:30
Regular
What they could do is release demo discs that they used to have in the Gamecube stands where they used to have Pikmin and SSBM, and they were out before the games were released...
Mon 02/09/02 at 17:36
Regular
NN wrote:
> As for demos in europe it will never happen, or very unlikely.
This isnt mags faults, in fact nom had it all planned out and knew it took 4 weeks to make a demo disk.
Its miyamotos fault, he believes not to give people the chance to play games when they might change later as he sees this as catching the customer with a god demo then make a rubbish game which they buy becuase of the demo

But when a game has a big delay between jap/american and european release, a little of this time could be used transferring a bit of the game into pal cube compatible format for a demo disk.
The actual game would barely ever change significantly in this time.
Mon 02/09/02 at 17:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I don't think anybody else would like it though. Everyone on here seems to be really impatient, what with them all importing like crazy, I don't think that they could stand to wait longer than they had to for any game.
Mon 02/09/02 at 17:15
Regular
The demos could be parts of games that are all ready out, that way they wont change but we will still know what the game is like.

I wouldnt mind waiting another week to play a demo of the game and then decide to buy it or not.
Mon 02/09/02 at 17:10
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
NaŠ†Ÿ_Nêighßoû® wrote:
> he believes not to give people the chance to play
> games when they might change later as he sees this as catching the
> customer with a god demo then make a rubbish game which they buy
> becuase of the demo.

I kind of agree with him or a least understand Miyamoto's Concerns. Many games that get brought out on demo discs are subject to either minor or vast changes and it is to big a risk to portray a game as one thing when I could be changed a week later. They would get to many games sent back and maybe some complaints. However I wouldn't mind some in game music or footage just to give us a feel of the game (graphics, basic story line etc)

P.s. thanks gerrid :D
Mon 02/09/02 at 17:03
Regular
Demo disks are out in japan at toys r us stores, but only becuase of the really best games and becuase japan is becoming unsteady so nintendo need to do something to be in with a chance.

As for demos in europe it will never happen, or very unlikely.
This isnt mags faults, in fact nom had it all planned out and knew it took 4 weeks to make a demo disk.
Its miyamotos fault, he believes not to give people the chance to play games when they might change later as he sees this as catching the customer with a god demo then make a rubbish game which they buy becuase of the demo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.