GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Legal Dreamcast GD-ROM Copying"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/09/02 at 13:44
Regular
I am asking for some help regarding some fully legal (i checked) Dreamcast game copying. Basically the story goes like this.

1. I am going back to Lebanon this Winter, and am taking my Dreamcast with me, but am quite scared of the idea that i am taking all my 30 Dreamcast GAmes with me for the siomple reason that they may get seized by customs or damaged there.

So basically to counter this problem i plan to copy all the games and leave a back-up copy of every game i have here in London.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,

P.s. I know this may sound Illegal but it ISN'T!!!
Mon 02/09/02 at 13:44
Regular
"I WON"
I am asking for some help regarding some fully legal (i checked) Dreamcast game copying. Basically the story goes like this.

1. I am going back to Lebanon this Winter, and am taking my Dreamcast with me, but am quite scared of the idea that i am taking all my 30 Dreamcast GAmes with me for the siomple reason that they may get seized by customs or damaged there.

So basically to counter this problem i plan to copy all the games and leave a back-up copy of every game i have here in London.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,

P.s. I know this may sound Illegal but it ISN'T!!!
Mon 02/09/02 at 14:05
Regular
It is perfectly leagal.

I wouldn't know how to help you though, FinaFantaTAsyMeister (funny name...). I'm sure someone here can help though...
Mon 02/09/02 at 16:09
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
you discust me you illegal sir.

from now on i will call u mr. illegal

cool out
Mon 02/09/02 at 16:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I think, that you may be able to copy them to DVDs, as long as you ca nfind GD ROMS later on, because GD ROMS are notoriously expensive and hard to come by. Also,I think you would be better nuying some new, second hamd cheap dreamcast games and taking them with you instead of all your old ones, because I doubt you will ever get copied GD ROMS to work in your Dreamcast.
Mon 02/09/02 at 17:06
Regular
I used to have backups of games on a 700Mb Cd. Didn't do it myself though, had to send each game to a 'friend of a friend' because s/he thought s/he was breaking the law.
Mon 02/09/02 at 20:56
I know it's possible to copy DC games. I looked on the net and found this:
http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/
product_list.php?category=42&

Watch out for the word wrap.

You'll need to buy the cable, connect it to your PC and the Dreamcast will basically act as an extra CD-ROM drive on your PC. I think you would then copy all of the data on GD-ROM to CD-ROM. I think it may be a little more complicated than that. Sorry I'm a bit vague, but I haven't ever done it before. There are some sites that claim to have guides teaching you to copy DC games using Nero, but I don't think that would be possible, since Nero does not just do straight burns. I've heard that writing in RAW mode works.

Just use Google and search for "How to copy Dreamcast GD-ROMs" or something.

The alternative would be to download a DC iso, which I've heard come ready to burn. This would not be illegal, since you own an official copy of each game. You need a high bandwidth line to do that though (ADSL or other).

Good luck.
Tue 03/09/02 at 00:58
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
gerrid wrote:
> I think, that you may be able to copy them to DVDs, as long as you ca
> nfind GD ROMS later on, because GD ROMS are notoriously expensive and
> hard to come by. Also,I think you would be better nuying some new,
> second hamd cheap dreamcast games and taking them with you instead of
> all your old ones, because I doubt you will ever get copied GD ROMS to
> work in your Dreamcast.

LOL copy to DVD you muppet it hasn't got a DVD drive in the DC so how would it read it?
Tue 03/09/02 at 08:29
liammdg wrote:
> The alternative would be to download a DC iso, which I've heard come
> ready to burn. This would not be illegal, since you own an official
> copy of each game. You need a high bandwidth line to do that though
> (ADSL or other).

Actually, I've done it with a 56k line :P
Wed 04/09/02 at 13:26
Regular
"I WON"
thanks for the help people,

Lawless, you said you donwloaded this ISO thing, where did you do that?
Wed 04/09/02 at 14:00
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
Thats wol clever

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.