GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"iPlayer, how ironical"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/07/08 at 17:32
Regular
Ironical is a word isnt it? Anyway for a month now I've not been able to download anything from the iPlayer. I think my troubles began when I downloaded the latest Windows Media Player (which I thought would improve the iPlayer) and then I kept getting these stupid DRM errors. I searched their support for some help but it still won't work so I gave up.

So now because of the stupid DRM errors, I'm having to download episodes of Top Gear and Dr Who from a private torrent site instead.
Mon 14/07/08 at 14:35
Regular
Machie wrote:
> @schummi
> A warning letter is better then being sued :) I don't download
> music anymore, or movies. I tell a lie, I do download Hong Kong,
> Korean and Japanese movies still. I love watching old Godzilla
> movies ^^

Tut tut, shakes head in shame. :)
Mon 14/07/08 at 11:53
Regular
The Reaper wrote:
> What version of windows media player are you using?

The newest one, I think it's 11.

@Hedfix & Vampyr

Yeah I'll watch programs on the site but if its a show I really like like Dr Who, I'd like to download it and see it in better quality.

Though I noticed last week that they've changed the site and made the screens bigger so it's not too bad now. :)

@schummi
A warning letter is better then being sued :) I don't download music anymore, or movies. I tell a lie, I do download Hong Kong, Korean and Japanese movies still. I love watching old Godzilla movies ^^
Fri 11/07/08 at 10:30
Regular
Machie wrote:
> Ironical is a word isnt it? Anyway for a month now I've not been
> able to download anything from the iPlayer. I think my troubles
> began when I downloaded the latest Windows Media Player (which I
> thought would improve the iPlayer) and then I kept getting these
> stupid DRM errors. I searched their support for some help but it
> still won't work so I gave up.
>
> So now because of the stupid DRM errors, I'm having to download
> episodes of Top Gear and Dr Who from a private torrent site
> instead.

:O Illegal downloader!! If you're ISP is Virgin you will be getting a letter soon ;) Virgin Warning Letters
Tue 08/07/08 at 14:29
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
just watch it on the site machie. sillyhead.
Mon 07/07/08 at 22:01
Regular
"8==="
I just watch them on the site.
Mon 07/07/08 at 15:19
Regular
"Mooching around"
What version of windows media player are you using?
Sat 05/07/08 at 17:32
Regular
Ironical is a word isnt it? Anyway for a month now I've not been able to download anything from the iPlayer. I think my troubles began when I downloaded the latest Windows Media Player (which I thought would improve the iPlayer) and then I kept getting these stupid DRM errors. I searched their support for some help but it still won't work so I gave up.

So now because of the stupid DRM errors, I'm having to download episodes of Top Gear and Dr Who from a private torrent site instead.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.