GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"rare ware"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/09/02 at 23:31
Regular
What's Going on at Rare?
You want to know. I want to know. Everyone wants to know. What in the hell is up at UK based second-party Rare? There have been literally dozens of rumors about the company in recent weeks and months, all of them questioning its allegiance to Nintendo, its future business model, and its ties to big-name third-party publishers. No solid confirmations, though. Well, hardly any.

Earlier today, though, I chatted with a source very, very close to the company, who was kind enough to fill me in on some very gritty dirty. Apparently Rare is indeed exploring a third-party structure and is determined to release many of its upcoming games across multiple consoles. An insider comments, "[Rare is] definitely, absolutely, 100% doing Xbox and PS2 development down here. They've had [Xbox and PS2] kits for three months or more."

Yikes. But it gets even worse. Some previously announced titles such as Donkey Kong Racing may not materialize as planned. Sources allege that after deciding to develop the racer for multiple platforms, Rare was asked by Nintendo to remove any and all likenesses to its licensed characters from the game. What will it be then, Monkey Racing? Not quite as compelling.

Development on the hotly anticipated Perfect Dark 0, finally, is allegedly moving along very slowly. "Team members keep quitting and it's a very small group now," revealed one leak close to the developer. Rumors abound suggest that the title won't be playable at E3 -- and in fact may not even be shown on video. Apparently Rare has been toying around with a cel-shaded look for the project, though this is not confirmed
Mon 02/09/02 at 21:06
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
gerrid wrote:
> king cool, you are an idiot.

Tell that to Asher D. He takes no shi-(words snipped)from nobody.

he'll back me up as we work together in mc donalds

cool out
Mon 02/09/02 at 16:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
king cool, you are an idiot.
Mon 02/09/02 at 16:30
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
where are rare. ha! it rhymes.

here is a poem:

where r rare
they are giving me a scare
oh theyre over there
with banjo the bear

cool out
Mon 02/09/02 at 10:53
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
i thought my name was king groovy and not king cool

so i meant

cool out
Mon 02/09/02 at 10:38
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
i think they (rare) should kill the n64 and make a console to keep up with fony and microplop it would be called the raretendo-x-station5000. it would have loads of class pokemon games an no zelda, mario,final fantasy or sega or dk.
loads of gun and fighting and killing and swearing and rude games and the world would truly be a better place.

groovy out
Mon 02/09/02 at 10:34
Regular
Every one has sources close to Rare.

The problem is, they all give conflicting information.
Perhaps that's what Rare wants them to do:

Confuse the world for publicity! :-D
Mon 02/09/02 at 08:43
yeah cel-shaded perfect dark!!!!!!!not....
Mon 02/09/02 at 00:18
Regular
Hmmmm..Rare have only said one thing, which was that all the rumours were a load of rubbish. Sure, theres a possibility it could happen, but no one has a clue until Rare officially anounce something. Of course they probably won't announce anything, which means nothing is changing.
Sun 01/09/02 at 23:58
Regular
hmmmmmmmmmm
Sun 01/09/02 at 23:48
Regular
I Didn't even read this but i bet you it was pointless.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.