GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cel-Da"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/09/02 at 22:09
Regular
As everyone who has ears, eyes and a slight interest in games would know there is a new Zelda game coming out for the GC, but Nintendo went for a new approach with cel shaded graphics, this put many people off, i was one of those people!

The morei see on this game, the more i wonder my choice of not saving to buy, but puting other games ahead of it. I do not doubt it will be a great game and that it will sell millons and make Nintendo a lot of money. I have said that i was put off by the graphics, that i am but i also said i will not purchase it. i may have to eat my words.

It is appealing to me more and more, don't get me wrong, had it been the graphics of FFX and other stunning games graphically it would be on my X-mas wish list!
I see more screen shots and i am eager to try, hopefully GC will have demos and it will be on one so we can all experience it before purchasing.

I think that Zelda will be good, if not great but still the graphics have made me unsure if i should purchase this. millions of people will call me stupid for not liking the cel shaded graphics but that is the way i feel. I like cartoony graphics but in the style of Super Mario Sunshine. I also like graphics that make things become reality like FFX!

Which graphics type do younall favour?

It is a hard choice to make and if a demo is not out by then i may have to rent it out as this is a game i would like to get but am not sure on.

Does anybody else feel the same way about Zelda or do you all think it will be magical and you all have money ready for it?

Sir Auron
Wed 04/09/02 at 03:11
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
it looks dumb, sega invented it and ninty stole it but at least on JSR or jet set radio to the dumb gamer it actualy went with the style of game real well.
Tue 03/09/02 at 16:35
"Darkness, always"
individual screenshots of cel-shading hardly flatter any game. this is why some people have been quick to pounce on games using this method.

however, it's when you see such games in motion that the style shines through, and why the true fans hold faith in Zelda being a stunner.
Mon 02/09/02 at 22:25
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
The new graphics in this game are undeniably different and this is one of the reasons I think Gamecube can be called a kiddie console but that's for another time. The Gaming industry is changing and company's are always looking for new ideas and making Zelda cell shaded is deffinetly a new idea. I feel it makes the character look more childish but the storyline is deffintely of a high quality and the cell graphics aren't without perks. For example you can see the shadow moving along zeldas face when he moves around and how many games can say they do that...**tumble weed** In conclusion Zeldas new image is a new idea that I welcome and i'm sure this game will succeed :D
Mon 02/09/02 at 22:18
Regular
I don't favour any type of graphics. Skies of Arcadia could have been drawn with wax crayons and Goldeneye constructed out of card, but they would still be two of my favourite games ever.
Mon 02/09/02 at 22:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Kluczynski Federal wrote:
> i like good graphics not the badf ones how many graphics do you have?

Hilarious.

I love your name and tagline.
Mon 02/09/02 at 21:49
"The Will of D."
I like either type realistic or cel shading, but I would like it for once for somebody to actually make a game that was absolultely perfect using the realistic type of look that we all saw on the FF film. I wish that Nintendo have been secretly been making the Original Zelda game that we all saw a while back behind our backs ready to bring up out of now where and showing the world what the gamecube is really made of. All in all Starfox Adventures has by far the best graphics so far for the GC.
Mon 02/09/02 at 21:36
"i gotshot in chicag"
i like good graphics not the badf ones how many graphics do you have?
Sun 01/09/02 at 23:00
Regular
I prefer nice realistic graphics, though I'm not put off by cel shading.

Final Fantasy X had good to very good graphics in my opinion, not excellent.
Sun 01/09/02 at 22:09
Regular
"$hit happens"
As everyone who has ears, eyes and a slight interest in games would know there is a new Zelda game coming out for the GC, but Nintendo went for a new approach with cel shaded graphics, this put many people off, i was one of those people!

The morei see on this game, the more i wonder my choice of not saving to buy, but puting other games ahead of it. I do not doubt it will be a great game and that it will sell millons and make Nintendo a lot of money. I have said that i was put off by the graphics, that i am but i also said i will not purchase it. i may have to eat my words.

It is appealing to me more and more, don't get me wrong, had it been the graphics of FFX and other stunning games graphically it would be on my X-mas wish list!
I see more screen shots and i am eager to try, hopefully GC will have demos and it will be on one so we can all experience it before purchasing.

I think that Zelda will be good, if not great but still the graphics have made me unsure if i should purchase this. millions of people will call me stupid for not liking the cel shaded graphics but that is the way i feel. I like cartoony graphics but in the style of Super Mario Sunshine. I also like graphics that make things become reality like FFX!

Which graphics type do younall favour?

It is a hard choice to make and if a demo is not out by then i may have to rent it out as this is a game i would like to get but am not sure on.

Does anybody else feel the same way about Zelda or do you all think it will be magical and you all have money ready for it?

Sir Auron

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.