GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"best of the x-mas console's!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/09/02 at 15:53
Regular
I think the PS2 and GameCube will do equally well (though I'd rather the GameCube came out on top) because the PS2 is, well, the PS2 - people buy it for that 'reason' alone. The GameCube has a stack of triple-A titles coming out for it over the next few months (exclusive titles like Animal Crossing, Die Hard: Vendetta, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Monkey Ball 2 and ports/multi-formats like TimeSplitters 2 and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4) and it's cheaper than the PS2 and Xbox.
The Xbox will fail this christmas and will probably never pick up - where are the must-have games needed to sell a console???
Overall, in my opinion, the GameCube has the best line-up over the next few months (and beyond), the PS2 has a few games worth grabbing and the Xbox, well... I can't think of a single reason why anybody would want that mammoth of a 'console'!
Mon 02/09/02 at 11:02
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
it will to

cool out
Mon 02/09/02 at 10:51
Regular
king cool wrote:
> i e new nintendo sega console will be the best when it arrives

Not in time for this xmas holiday though!
Mon 02/09/02 at 10:43
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
i e new nintendo sega console will be the best when it arrives
Mon 02/09/02 at 10:41
Regular
In terms of number of units sold,

PS2
GameCube
XBox
Sun 01/09/02 at 17:05
Regular
"standupandchatpeopl"
when you put it that way........
Sun 01/09/02 at 16:31
Regular
The XBOX has a shed load of quality games coming out.

To name but a few:

Splinter Cell
Morrowind
The Thing
Panzer dragoon Orta
Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
Turok Evolution
Unreal Championship
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Quantum Redshift
House of the Dead 3
Deus Ex II
BLiNX: The Time Sweeper
Crazy Taxi: High Roller
Toejam & Earl III
Black & White
Hitman 2

Blah, blah, blah....
Sun 01/09/02 at 16:24
Regular
"standupandchatpeopl"
I take into consideration that each of the three consoles have great lineups and games but out of what I have heard and what I read GC(also being a fan) seems to have the best and most 1st,2nd and third party games out the the lot and seems to cover every type of game you can get.
although the ps2 doe's seem to have a good set of games coming allthough i'm a bit weary of the "mamoth" x-box with only a few quility games coming to mind!
Sun 01/09/02 at 16:16
Regular
All the consoles have great Christmas line-ups.
Sun 01/09/02 at 16:13
Regular
"standupandchatpeopl"
what console do you think will top the x-mas charts then?
Sun 01/09/02 at 15:53
Regular
"standupandchatpeopl"
I think the PS2 and GameCube will do equally well (though I'd rather the GameCube came out on top) because the PS2 is, well, the PS2 - people buy it for that 'reason' alone. The GameCube has a stack of triple-A titles coming out for it over the next few months (exclusive titles like Animal Crossing, Die Hard: Vendetta, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Monkey Ball 2 and ports/multi-formats like TimeSplitters 2 and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4) and it's cheaper than the PS2 and Xbox.
The Xbox will fail this christmas and will probably never pick up - where are the must-have games needed to sell a console???
Overall, in my opinion, the GameCube has the best line-up over the next few months (and beyond), the PS2 has a few games worth grabbing and the Xbox, well... I can't think of a single reason why anybody would want that mammoth of a 'console'!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.