GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How dare Mcateer?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/09/02 at 01:48
Regular
...How dare he walk into Keano's elbow like?

I think keane gona be out for 3 matches after this

:)

Seriously though, keane's tackle was not excusable but Urie Rennie should have at least noticed that Mcateer (sp?) was trying to provoke him all match and maybe it wouldn't have happend?

I went to the game today and from where I was sitting it didnt look as bad, but when I seen it again on TV it looked bad, but then Mcateer shouldnt have been booked a couple of times from tackles leading up to the sending off.

We'll just have to roll on without him for at least a 3 matchs.
Wed 04/09/02 at 09:59
Regular
"Long time no see!"
McAteer and Keane may have been at it al match, but for an elbow like that, there was nothing else you could really do!
I agree that he should have at least spoken to the pair and gotten them to shake hands or something (when was the last time we saw a ref do that???), but that still may not have helped, rather than delay the incident.

It's all down to Keane's character really.
But those fat, lazy, blind and over-payed refs really need to do SOMETHING about it!
Tue 03/09/02 at 18:45
Regular
Man United fall apart without him though i have to admit.
Tue 03/09/02 at 11:51
Regular
"bWo > You"
Keane is totally over-rated. He is abusive. He is unnecessarily aggressive. He can't take losing. He blames his faults on everyone else. And yet this guy is paid about £100k a week? It's time to get our priorities sorted, people.
Sun 01/09/02 at 22:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Mr Ritze wrote:
But Keane is the one who needs to learn to curb his anger and will continue to be wound up by rival players and fans.

totally agree
Sun 01/09/02 at 21:09
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
lalakersrule wrote:
> maybe if Uriah Rennie had done his job and booked Mcateer Keane may
> have seen Mcateer had been punished and not taken matters into his own
> hands. Of course there's no excuse for what Keane did and he deserved
> to be sent off but surely Rennie could have seen what Mcateer was
> doing and either warn him about it or get Reid to take him off to stop
> what happened happening.

But Uriah Rennie is a crap referee and wouldn't understand that it may have defused the situation a little. Mcateer should have been sent off and was continuously trying to aggitate Keane thoughout the match. But Keane is the one who needs to learn to curb his anger and will continue to be wound up by rival players and fans.
Sun 01/09/02 at 20:38
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Indeed, he was provoked but sadly Keane fell for it, so really McAteer won the psycological battle, however there was no need for Macateer to do antics like pretend to scribble in a book, kick keane with hindsight to the ref etc. But I guess Mr Rennie didn't see these things. I think most Irish players will try and provoke keane this year and I hope Sir Alex explains this clearly to keano.
Sun 01/09/02 at 19:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
maybe if Uriah Rennie had done his job and booked Mcateer Keane may have seen Mcateer had been punished and not taken matters into his own hands. Of course there's no excuse for what Keane did and he deserved to be sent off but surely Rennie could have seen what Mcateer was doing and either warn him about it or get Reid to take him off to stop what happened happening.
Sun 01/09/02 at 19:32
Regular
Mcateer gave him a good kick earlier on.

Lord knows what Keane would have done to Mcateer if the ref hadnt got between them.
Sun 01/09/02 at 10:41
Regular
It all started when McAteer started pulling Keane's shirt when they first encountered each other. He was obviously trying to work Keane up then and it damn well worked when Keane got sent off in the 90th minute.

And they was suppose to be friends!
Sun 01/09/02 at 01:48
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
...How dare he walk into Keano's elbow like?

I think keane gona be out for 3 matches after this

:)

Seriously though, keane's tackle was not excusable but Urie Rennie should have at least noticed that Mcateer (sp?) was trying to provoke him all match and maybe it wouldn't have happend?

I went to the game today and from where I was sitting it didnt look as bad, but when I seen it again on TV it looked bad, but then Mcateer shouldnt have been booked a couple of times from tackles leading up to the sending off.

We'll just have to roll on without him for at least a 3 matchs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.