GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Adults killled Star Wars..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/09/06 at 20:58
Regular
for the younger generation who hadn't seen it before. You totally ruined the ending of "Empire strikes back" for me. :l
Debate.
Mon 11/09/06 at 20:58
Regular
for the younger generation who hadn't seen it before. You totally ruined the ending of "Empire strikes back" for me. :l
Debate.
Mon 11/09/06 at 22:52
Regular
"lets go back"
My boss in work said she was having a Star Wars night but I dont understand what order you are suppoed to watch the 6 star wars films in.

If you watch them in episode order the "twist" is kind of non existent.

"Luke. I am your father"
"I know, Ive seen Episode 3"

Also, are we to believe that all of a sudden all technology went a bit pants and that you could only have 3 spaceships flying about at once. Even in the special edition from 1997 (I think) there still wasnt quite as much going on in the background compared to episodes 1-3. I'm not sure about how much is added in the more recent DVD release from about a year or so ago, but I do know that Boba Fett has had his voice changed into that daft Ausie accent (or New Zeland or something) and we cant be having that.

Conclusion: Lucas is Gay
Mon 11/09/06 at 23:01
Regular
The twist is one of the best things in Star Wars, if you really do introduce someone to Star Wars and have them watch it through the episodes then it's wasted.

I think what I will do is only show my kids the original cinema releases IV, V and VI for a couple of years. Then show them the prequels :)
Mon 11/09/06 at 23:26
Regular
"The definitive tag"
They should never be watched in order. In fact, the first three shouldn't be watched at all.
Tue 12/09/06 at 08:11
Regular
No it's not that I watched them in the wrong order, there are loads of spoilers in movies and TV shows such as Simpsons and Toy Story 2.
Tue 12/09/06 at 08:25
"possibly impossible"
The problem isn't with this, it's with forcing your own classics on a new generation.

We need classic movies for this generation, really. Star Wars is never going to mean as much to those who weren't caught up in the original release or even the subsequent first play on video or TV.

Its just that no-one has come up with a Star Wars beater since and that's what we need.
Tue 12/09/06 at 11:52
Regular
"lets go back"
Alfonse wrote:
> No it's not that I watched them in the wrong order, there are
> loads of spoilers in movies and TV shows such as Simpsons and
> Toy Story 2.

Well they have been around for nearly 30 years so I think its fair that people can make jokes about them now.
Tue 12/09/06 at 15:19
Regular
"8==="
Lucas and puberty ruined Star Wars.

It's rubbish it really really is. The only good thing to come from it was the fact that sci-fi was suddenly seen as a worthy thing to invest in and people started to search for the 'next Star Wars' etc etc so we got some decent Sci-fi movies.

So in that respect it did good, but it also brought a lot of crap along with it including awful merchandise, poor writing, poor music, poor acting and fools who think the movies are 'the best thing ever!!!111'

The Indiana Jones movies are so much better.
Tue 12/09/06 at 23:01
Regular
"lets go back"
My personal favourites are the Back to the Future films, but I guess that because I was born in the 80's and hte fact that they freaking rock!!!!!
Wed 13/09/06 at 02:14
Regular
"8==="
Aye those're good.

The Thing too. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.