GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Elders Gaming"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/08/02 at 11:56
Regular
Imagine this, Your regular Grandma's and Grandad's have gone Computer crazy. No longer are they sipping their morning tea and reading the paper. No, they are playing the latest Old-Gamers games! Here are a few that have been topping the chart…

Gran's Turismo - Racing at speeds up to 25mph round some of the most famous crescents and drives. Its Gran's Turismo! You choose any of the following three Granny's - Betty, Margaret or Elizabeth and race head to head in some old banged up cars such as Rover's, Yaris's or Three Wheelers! There are 7 tracks in all, which are in a beautifully designed 3d environments. Some of the tracks include Mackinley Drive Race Circuit - With its sharp turns, and hardly any straight's. This circuit will be perfect for Three Wheeler Cars if you choose to play as Betty! The Nottingham Circuit - A straight run from the start of Nottingham all the way to the end. Fast cars are what are needed. (If you can call a 25mph car fast). Overall this game is perfect if you can get through the circuits at 25mph without pulling your hair out in frustration!

Grandad Theft Auto - No Longer are the younger generation mugging the elders. Your regular Grandad's are now out their forming gangs and sex, drugs and rock and roll are in with the elderly! You play as Franky, an 81 year old currently in an undercover hideout. Due to being mugged lots of times, Franky has set out to level one with the younger generation. Franky must find contacts and get jobs for money after he lost all of his when he got robbed of his house, money and car. Basically everything. But whom will you work for? Maybe the "Granzads" or the "Me Abuelo's" (Grandad's in Spanish). Franky is out to set the record straight. Such weapons range from a standard pistol to a violent Flamethrower! Hi-jack cars in suburban streets to get to jobs faster or take the train! Grandad Theft Auto takes place in merry ol England, London in 2002. Where your aim is to eradicate every other rival gang member to be claimed as the ultimate criminal in Grandad Theft Auto!

OMIB (Old Men in Black) - Violent old Men from another planet have landed on earth and it is up to agents O, A and P (Get it? O, A, P?) To eradicate all old alien scum off the planet! This adventure game takes place in America, Las Vegas. You can interact with various residents about the where-about's of alien scum. But remember to flash their mind of what just happened as if you do not. They will blab to the news about the secret company that is OMIB to the News. The gameplay is level based where on one level you could be blasting alien scum or next you could be witnessing murder scenes and interacting with characters. If you are the violent sort of Man then you will love this game. The Grey suits are comin…

SSX Wrinkly - Take to the air and see the funky hair do's in SSX Wrinkly! You can take unique characters such as Eddie Wacholdie with his funky Afro or the Spanish speaking Miguel and race them in world's most famous old tracks like Gary-Is-Baldi, Old-Mans Dream and other unlockable ones as you take your character to the top In the challenging career mode! Practise your tricks out of the trick book and perform special moves like the crotch grab or 180 windys. Other modes include time trial where you race against the clock trying to beat scores set by others, Show-off mode where you perform tricks for points and become the ultimate SSX Wrinkly! If in races you are a little behind you can collect speed boosts where you can have speeds up to 35 mph! Which will certainly improve your finishing position. Perform boarders special moves - Eddie has his Crotch Grab like I mentioned, Miguel has his breaking wind. These special moves score you bigger points, which is certainly useful in the Show-off mode. So If you like Snowboarding games then you are gonna love this.

John Bond: Oldeneye - John Bond is back, the winking eye is back and the gadgets are back and better. Only thing is he is nearly a 100! Starting with the weaponry, John Bond now does not only have his winking old eye as an eye killer. He now has glasses that fire bullets from the side of them, watches that can be used as plastic explosives and various types of guns hidden in small camera's, drink's bottles and more. The Rover is back too now with aluminium tins in the back to try and puncture the enemies Tires. The levels are free-roam as you go into hotel rooms, underground, ancient caves and enemy bases. The Car levels are vastly improved as now you can actually go 1mph faster than the other games! Also not forgetting the cut-scenes where John goes into other women's hotel rooms where we all know what happens there…John may be a 100 but he moves around like a 20 year old and has that all important winking eye. If you want a good solid adventure game with dramatic car chases and shoot-outs, then this game is for you…Grandad

Super Wheelchair racing - Now if you are the type of Grandma or Grandad who doesn't like so many fast-paced thrills in life then Super Wheelchair racing is the game for you. You race around town in wheelchairs where events are organised by telephone. Yes, to get jobs you have to sit there and wait for the phone to ring, boring but I did say it wasn't for you if you wanted something fast and exciting. Modes in the game are Championship mode where you play separate tournaments. Gradually getting harder and harder. But the reward is a motorised Wheelchair! Surely that alone makes this game is worth paying £34.99 for. With a total of 5 characters - Bob, Betty, Margaret, Bill, Frank and Mary the lifespan of this game is quite long and will keep those grumpy grandma's and grandads amused for ours.

Thanks for Reading
Scott.
Sun 01/09/02 at 19:58
Regular
"i am fubby"
you should post the ideas to some game makers!
Sun 01/09/02 at 19:53
Regular
Brill post mate, I really hope it gets GAD for you.

:D
Sun 01/09/02 at 10:29
Regular
Heh, I did the writing for the games though AJ. But true, thanks for them three game ideas.
Sat 31/08/02 at 23:45
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Figo, you know who to say thanks to if this wins GAD...

;-)
Sat 31/08/02 at 18:50
Regular
"  "
Great post Scott :)
Good Luck with GAD :)
Sat 31/08/02 at 18:07
Regular
Heh, Gran's Turismo :-P

I can ACTUALLY imagine that...excellent post. GAD? Hopefully...

BTW...got me PS2 today with GT Concept and Toca Race Driver (with a free £19.99 DVD from HMV)...

ALSO...Dannie Bulman scored his first goal of this season for Wycombe five minutes in, as they defeated Oldham today.

I'm one happy bunny!
Sat 31/08/02 at 17:49
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Bwahaha, dude, that was brilliant.

I wanna have a go at a few of those games.

Indeed, an excellent post.

Well done.
Sat 31/08/02 at 17:08
Regular
Heh, cheers Akira Shinoda.
Sat 31/08/02 at 16:14
Regular
"Still luv her?! dun"
War Haks Haks Harks and Ahaks!! Love this forum! Thanks for entertaining Figo. Respect Figo with no Dis!! Really, Respect Figo, no dis!!
Sat 31/08/02 at 13:29
Regular
Cheers for all the comments guys.

Heh, i too would like to see some of these ideas brought too life :D Would be very funny indeed.

To See O, A and P in OMIB :D and The Crotch grab in SSX Wrinkly

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.