GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"America-y movie-y music-y t.v-y things"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/08/02 at 09:26
Regular
Hello, just got back from America (I really go on holiday too much) and feel like writing some mindless ramblings, which I haven't done in a while...

Saw Dogtown and Z-Boys, skateboarding documentary which was good, but I probably liked more since I like watching skateboarding. It was at an ancient old-fashioned cinema, and they held a raffle at the beginning which I was one ticket away from winning...

Also saw Austin Powers 3, and thought the AP2 was better, but the opening sequence for AP3 is funnier than most summer movies put together. See the film just for that, and then leave, because the later film thingys will annoy you. Or me.

Also saw Big Fat Liar and Showtime on aeroplane. Both rubbish. Started to watch Count of Monte Cristo and Life or Something Like it but got bored of both quickly....

Trailers trailers trailers.... Undisputed - Boxing prison thingy with Wesley Snipes lokked ok.... Gangs of New York - The trailer made it look like another load of bloomin' Titanic-y drama trollocks, but it's Scorcese so hopefully it will be *ahem* slightly different.... The Tuxedo - Mindless action with Jackie Chan and Jennifer Love Hewitt thrown in for innocence.... Signs - Looks good but I'm worried it won't be ... LOTR: Two Towers - Nice.... Terminator 3 - Shortest. Least. Revealing. Trailer. Ever.... Ecks vs. Sever - I'm quite scared, I've never played the GBA game, but I thought the pair were a slick secret agent and a fat patrol person, not Antonio Banderas and Lucy Liu.....

American T.V is well.... not of the good sort. Seriously, Finally when you find something good to watch they have every two minutes, and at the start of some sort of Sitcom, they always go to ads after the opening credits. WTF?!?

Music... Ah yes. Plane journey back this morning was very good. Looked at radio stations, and looked at song list for one. Nothing. But. 26. Counting. Crows songs. Yay-ishnes level increased, but fell asleep half-way....

And that's all. Bye. Not mindless at all.
Sat 31/08/02 at 23:30
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Yeah I buy most of my DVDs R1 from Canada. Prices usualy between £8-£15 - www.dvdboxoffice.com - convert the currency (left hand side, about half way down the page)
Sat 31/08/02 at 22:18
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
it'll get to the point soon where something like this happens

*and here's Michael Jordan he's taken flight nothing can stop him dunking this ball and win the championship for the washington wizards.............WAIT, STOP MICHAEL we need to take a ad break can you just wait there for a few minutes, that alright? thanks. And now here's people trying to sell you things*
Sat 31/08/02 at 17:02
"The Will of D."
I went to Florida, very nice amusment parks and when you go into Disney World there is'nt a spec of dust or rubbish at all in the parks. Exspensive clothes but dirt cheap everything else and If I had known that USA GBA games work on Pal GBAs I would have bought a whole load of games. Plus what he said about comercials is true, they even have comercials for hospitals and College's! Adverts every 7 minutes, tried to watch a film on TV it tok over 3 hours for a 2 hour film.
Watched Men in Black 2 and Minority report at Universal Studios' Multiplex cinema.
Sat 31/08/02 at 16:51
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I new I missed out something.

Dvds. They are soooo much cheaper in the U.S. But I'm worried. I got Analyze This on R1 and my sister got Gossip, (both films distributed by WB) and the Cds are... blank. No front picture on them, and both the same blankness on both sides..... this was my first R1 purchase, is it suppose to happen?
Sat 31/08/02 at 14:13
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I have Dogtown and z-Boys on R1 DVD...very good film!
Sat 31/08/02 at 13:17
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
They stop american football games for ad breaks.
Sat 31/08/02 at 12:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
the americans do like their commercials
Sat 31/08/02 at 09:58
Jebus Al! You're always going abroard! I haven't left the country for 11 years!
Sat 31/08/02 at 09:26
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Hello, just got back from America (I really go on holiday too much) and feel like writing some mindless ramblings, which I haven't done in a while...

Saw Dogtown and Z-Boys, skateboarding documentary which was good, but I probably liked more since I like watching skateboarding. It was at an ancient old-fashioned cinema, and they held a raffle at the beginning which I was one ticket away from winning...

Also saw Austin Powers 3, and thought the AP2 was better, but the opening sequence for AP3 is funnier than most summer movies put together. See the film just for that, and then leave, because the later film thingys will annoy you. Or me.

Also saw Big Fat Liar and Showtime on aeroplane. Both rubbish. Started to watch Count of Monte Cristo and Life or Something Like it but got bored of both quickly....

Trailers trailers trailers.... Undisputed - Boxing prison thingy with Wesley Snipes lokked ok.... Gangs of New York - The trailer made it look like another load of bloomin' Titanic-y drama trollocks, but it's Scorcese so hopefully it will be *ahem* slightly different.... The Tuxedo - Mindless action with Jackie Chan and Jennifer Love Hewitt thrown in for innocence.... Signs - Looks good but I'm worried it won't be ... LOTR: Two Towers - Nice.... Terminator 3 - Shortest. Least. Revealing. Trailer. Ever.... Ecks vs. Sever - I'm quite scared, I've never played the GBA game, but I thought the pair were a slick secret agent and a fat patrol person, not Antonio Banderas and Lucy Liu.....

American T.V is well.... not of the good sort. Seriously, Finally when you find something good to watch they have every two minutes, and at the start of some sort of Sitcom, they always go to ads after the opening credits. WTF?!?

Music... Ah yes. Plane journey back this morning was very good. Looked at radio stations, and looked at song list for one. Nothing. But. 26. Counting. Crows songs. Yay-ishnes level increased, but fell asleep half-way....

And that's all. Bye. Not mindless at all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.