GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Should have just burnt it!"- My PS2 Disaster Story"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/08/02 at 22:44
Regular
Its just my luk init.

After 2 weeks working my butt of with my father. On a pitiful £2.50 an hour I finally earnt enough to get my ps2. I was overjoyed. And who better to buy it from than the best shop on the net and realworld... special reserve.

It was the cheapest I could find. So I persuaded my mum to drive me into nottingham and then into the suburbs guided only by a printoff from mapquest. Yey. GTA3 and Vertical Stand out of stock! Waste of time... Went Home. Mother not happy. SR wouldn't even post it too me? Why not? Are they doing that well to throw away £300 of business? lol?

That evening I went online and plucked up the courage to enter my switch details. Happily, I checked the details over and over. Paying an extra £4.20 for firstclass so I would have it by weekend.

3 days later no ps2...?

I went to my grandparents house for the weekend, and I needed the PS2 to get me through, as I had just sold my psone aswell. 2 days of channel surfing from my grandad and reading a book. (Actually a good read... Alien Omnibus. I recommend it.)

Anyway I phoned the helpline on monday and there had been a processing error. So the kind chap on customer service said he'd sort it out and phone me back shortly... 1hr 30mins later. No call. So I phoned again getting another rep. "Sorry all these things go in a queuing system you'll just have to wait. Sorry."

After about 3 hours I got a call back. It was all done and sorted. I felt happy at that and came back to the loving warmth of my pc monitor for a couple of days.

Wednesday that week:
It arrived. Nice big box. Parcel man gave me a pda to write on. Man they are soo hard to sign on.

I opened it and there was my ps2, metal gear solid and controller. But no GTA3, or my vertical stand but that was understandable. I set to work installing the playstation onto my 14" portable and set it going.

I read on a website that ps1 memo cards work on ps2. Nope... only on ps1 games played on ps2. I decided there was no point playing on mgs2 without the card, so 6pm internet becomes available. I ordered a memo card.

Next day I got my membership and vertical stand through the post.

Next Day... Yey my memo card.

I am still waiting for gta3, apparently it should arrive tommorow as sr restocked this thurs according to c-services rep. I'll post when it does. If it does arrive tomorrow its still about 2 weeks l8.

Then the worst bit of news came... ps2 dropped in price. If I have waited 2 weeks longer... I would have saved around £50!!! My heart fell... my throat felt sore... I felt like going and locking myself in the wardrobe (If I had a lock I might of). £50!!! That was 20 hours work man! Two days worth!

O well... if you have any messages of sympathy I would be very grateful...
I would be even more grateful if you would donate £50 to me :) lol... think I'm jking?

Thanks for reading...
Fri 30/08/02 at 22:44
Regular
"Nobody Home"
Its just my luk init.

After 2 weeks working my butt of with my father. On a pitiful £2.50 an hour I finally earnt enough to get my ps2. I was overjoyed. And who better to buy it from than the best shop on the net and realworld... special reserve.

It was the cheapest I could find. So I persuaded my mum to drive me into nottingham and then into the suburbs guided only by a printoff from mapquest. Yey. GTA3 and Vertical Stand out of stock! Waste of time... Went Home. Mother not happy. SR wouldn't even post it too me? Why not? Are they doing that well to throw away £300 of business? lol?

That evening I went online and plucked up the courage to enter my switch details. Happily, I checked the details over and over. Paying an extra £4.20 for firstclass so I would have it by weekend.

3 days later no ps2...?

I went to my grandparents house for the weekend, and I needed the PS2 to get me through, as I had just sold my psone aswell. 2 days of channel surfing from my grandad and reading a book. (Actually a good read... Alien Omnibus. I recommend it.)

Anyway I phoned the helpline on monday and there had been a processing error. So the kind chap on customer service said he'd sort it out and phone me back shortly... 1hr 30mins later. No call. So I phoned again getting another rep. "Sorry all these things go in a queuing system you'll just have to wait. Sorry."

After about 3 hours I got a call back. It was all done and sorted. I felt happy at that and came back to the loving warmth of my pc monitor for a couple of days.

Wednesday that week:
It arrived. Nice big box. Parcel man gave me a pda to write on. Man they are soo hard to sign on.

I opened it and there was my ps2, metal gear solid and controller. But no GTA3, or my vertical stand but that was understandable. I set to work installing the playstation onto my 14" portable and set it going.

I read on a website that ps1 memo cards work on ps2. Nope... only on ps1 games played on ps2. I decided there was no point playing on mgs2 without the card, so 6pm internet becomes available. I ordered a memo card.

Next day I got my membership and vertical stand through the post.

Next Day... Yey my memo card.

I am still waiting for gta3, apparently it should arrive tommorow as sr restocked this thurs according to c-services rep. I'll post when it does. If it does arrive tomorrow its still about 2 weeks l8.

Then the worst bit of news came... ps2 dropped in price. If I have waited 2 weeks longer... I would have saved around £50!!! My heart fell... my throat felt sore... I felt like going and locking myself in the wardrobe (If I had a lock I might of). £50!!! That was 20 hours work man! Two days worth!

O well... if you have any messages of sympathy I would be very grateful...
I would be even more grateful if you would donate £50 to me :) lol... think I'm jking?

Thanks for reading...
Fri 30/08/02 at 23:09
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Oo err.

You should ask for a refund.

:-)
Sat 31/08/02 at 01:19
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I actually read through all that as I found it interesting and stuff....

Feel sorry for you dude.
Sat 31/08/02 at 01:25
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Hard Luck there
Sat 31/08/02 at 08:01
"For the horde!!!!"
oh dear thats bad mate :( but still u can at least play some of the quality games coming out within the next few months. Timespliters 2 is on the top of my list :D
Sat 31/08/02 at 12:33
Regular
"accidental superher"
i had a problem with SR too when i ordered from them...took them AGES to get me my ps2...and then about a month or so after i got it the price dropped by a 100 quid! :(
Sat 31/08/02 at 13:24
Regular
Hard luck mate.

GTA3 is pure gaming heaven too...
Sat 31/08/02 at 16:18
Regular
"Nobody Home"
yey got GTA3 this morning, a hell of a lot better than on PC!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.