GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 Firmware 2.4 Finally Out"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/07/08 at 11:39
"possibly impossible"
Finally, the biggest Firmware update for a long time, 2.4, is out today.

Why's it such a big deal? Well, it gives PS3 owners an in-game XMB, ability to check on friends at any time, trophies for games, switching games from within another game and much more.

It also gives gamers the ability to use your own music in games via the XMB, but only for games that allow you to do this.

Expect patches for current games that will allow you to gain trophies and use your own music.

Ok, so 360 owners may be saying 'we've had this all along', but it's good for the PS3 to finally get these functions we've all be waiting for.

There are still some things missing. Voice messaging during games (aside from the in-game voice chat) isn't available and the whole system is still slightly more clunky than the Xbox Blade system, but the additions are really appreciated by the PS3 community and Sony is moving in the right direction.
Tue 08/07/08 at 12:02
"possibly impossible"
Firmware 2.41 (fixed version) is out now.
Wed 02/07/08 at 22:56
"possibly impossible"
Yes it will.

Unfortunately, though, they've pulled the release after some of the early downloaders found problems with their PS3 freezing.

They'll try to get it back up when they've fixed any bugs.
Wed 02/07/08 at 17:44
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Interesting. Will have to download this for the company PS3 at some point.

Will this herald a new age of 'trophy hunters' similar to the 360 achievment hunters I wonder?
Wed 02/07/08 at 11:39
"possibly impossible"
Finally, the biggest Firmware update for a long time, 2.4, is out today.

Why's it such a big deal? Well, it gives PS3 owners an in-game XMB, ability to check on friends at any time, trophies for games, switching games from within another game and much more.

It also gives gamers the ability to use your own music in games via the XMB, but only for games that allow you to do this.

Expect patches for current games that will allow you to gain trophies and use your own music.

Ok, so 360 owners may be saying 'we've had this all along', but it's good for the PS3 to finally get these functions we've all be waiting for.

There are still some things missing. Voice messaging during games (aside from the in-game voice chat) isn't available and the whole system is still slightly more clunky than the Xbox Blade system, but the additions are really appreciated by the PS3 community and Sony is moving in the right direction.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.