GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The peace of console wars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/08/02 at 13:57
Regular
I have been thinking that everyone on these chat forums have their own opinions to which console is best and which one has the best specs and graphics, but I have come to realise that none of those matters, people who actually boast about there console (which ever one they bought) being better than another is just acting like a child. No one should actually
comment to other peoples opinions of which ones they think they should get because that is just using plain propaganda. I think that anybody who reads this should stop going aaisnst other poeples rights to an opinion.
So we should stop the console wars so it doesn't end up as one.
Fri 30/08/02 at 22:19
*Destorys Console Wars with Fists.*

Thank you.
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:55
A console wars amnesty? Good idea.

Or we could go the other extreme and end it all in a death match style battle.

X-Box owners could use their console for much needed cover.
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:44
Regular
Na†ßuİ wrote:
> Thanks for a post idea ;)

Who ever you were saying that to ill still be waiting for the post.

Will it be in here.

Also i just got an idea for a post but i wont start it untill i see yours as it could be the same thing.
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:28
Regular
"  "
Thanks for a post idea ;)
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:27
Regular
In some ways console wars topics are good becuase people who come in to it may find things which they didnt know it could do or new facts, say you didnt know about consoles you read one you would almost everything about it.

Its when the same idea is debated, to put it nicely, over and over again.

Also when people say something which has no real diffrence to gaming or the console and no matter what they say they will still say the same things.

I try not to be biased but when i see someone dissing a console i tend to stick up for it becuase it has its good and bad points. But some times i do get a bit carried away.

ill try to stop, as for the stopping of console wars, no i dont want that to happen al i want is that it is only one topic so other things are around instead of it just being console wars.
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:09
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
It's not a bad idea but it's not a good idea. Console wars are getting tiresome because every time a JAT joins the forums they just make a console war topic for no reason and we get into the same routine... However every one is entitle to thier oppinnion and a console war does get that across. I think we should make console wars spamming in all the chat rooms (future of gaming etc) and we should make a special console wars room so we don't have the same routine but it allows people to express there feelings in.

P.s. I'm fully aware it wont hapen but I can dream :D
Fri 30/08/02 at 13:58
"The Will of D."
Even so they should end before someone does get hurt. LOL
Fri 30/08/02 at 13:58
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Nice try, but it'll never work. Everybody loves these console wars topics, because it gives them an oppurtunity to act like they are really mature.
I think that there will always be fanboys and so there will always be console wars topics.
Regular
Nah! Console wars are fun.
"The Will of D."
I have been thinking that everyone on these chat forums have their own opinions to which console is best and which one has the best specs and graphics, but I have come to realise that none of those matters, people who actually boast about there console (which ever one they bought) being better than another is just acting like a child. No one should actually
comment to other peoples opinions of which ones they think they should get because that is just using plain propaganda. I think that anybody who reads this should stop going aaisnst other poeples rights to an opinion.
So we should stop the console wars so it doesn't end up as one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.