GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christams Price Wars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/08/02 at 11:28
Regular
Who will come out on top. the PS2 is being reduced to £170 but is still overpriced. The X-Box is £200 but the most powerful console on the market and the GameCube is £130 and the cheap alternative. You would imagine that Nintendo and Microsoft will have to follow suit and reduce their prices.

What are you thoughts, who will be King of the Hill at the start of 2003.

BB
Mon 02/09/02 at 08:56
Regular
Jet Set Radio Future
Crazy Taxi: High Roller
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Shenmue II & III(?)
Toejam & Earl 3

These 5 SEGA games swayed me to buy an XBOX.
Mon 02/09/02 at 08:32
Regular
"Frag 1st, Think 2nd"
Well Microsoft have just reduced the X-Box to £160. Will Nintendo follow suit. Also do you think that SEGA's console specific releases will sway potential buyers.

BB
Sun 01/09/02 at 23:46
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> There weren't any god games on the n64.

No god games, but a lot of good ones.
Fri 30/08/02 at 15:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
There weren't any god games on the n64.
Fri 30/08/02 at 15:27
Regular
The problem that nintendo had was that they held back there big games until near the end of the life of the '64.

This meant that people didnt see the god games until it was too late.

By the price drop and the games coming out it will help them make up the ground.

Although why this is in sega i have no idea.
Fri 30/08/02 at 12:02
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I think the Gamecube will gain some ground on the PS2 towards christmas time especially when you look at the releases lined up for the GC, Resident Evil (amongst other games) looks fantastic if you havnt already seen it.

Im getting a Gamecube pretty soon and to be honest i cant wait for it.

One thing that i cant understand about the Xbox is that Halo is still #1 in the Xbox game charts!! the game isnt really new anymore yet nothing has arrived to topple it from #1, now this could mean one of two things: either Halo is the best game ever (possible) or that the Xbox only has one decent game on it worth buying (more likely). Im not trying to criticise the Xbox but it dosnt look like the console that we were all told it would be and for that reason im getting a Gamecube instead (did i tell you about Resident Evil?...lol)

I havnt spoke about the PS2 and thats simply because it is sure to sell more units this year than snowflakes will fall on London, if you ask any person who has never even played a single game in their life "what is the best console?" the chances are that they will reply "the playstation" so its little surpise that the majority of 1st time buyers choose Sony.
Fri 30/08/02 at 11:28
Regular
"Frag 1st, Think 2nd"
Who will come out on top. the PS2 is being reduced to £170 but is still overpriced. The X-Box is £200 but the most powerful console on the market and the GameCube is £130 and the cheap alternative. You would imagine that Nintendo and Microsoft will have to follow suit and reduce their prices.

What are you thoughts, who will be King of the Hill at the start of 2003.

BB

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.