GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World Summit for Sustainable Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 23:24
Regular
Over the next week or so, heads of state from around the globe will congregate in Johannesburg to determine the future of our meagre little realities. Although the environment, development and corporate responsibilty made up the original agenda, 'yours truly' wrote a letter to the Summit organisers: who agreed 'sustainable gaming' was a much more pressing issue.

The concern is: if consoles and their respective games continue to improve at an exponential rate, the world will simply come to a halt. No one will go to work, they'll just stay in and play video-games. No one will go out to the shops, they'll just stay in and play video-games. Eventually, no one will bother drawing breath, because they're just too darn busy, playing video-games. And when the games developers themselves become too busy playing games and stop actually making them... the human race will implode, leaving only a marmalade of people-goo as testament to our fate.

Clearly this problem needs to be addressed immediately. We need to keep playing games without leaving the man-made world around us to simply grind to a halt. Hence my formulation of a revolutionary new initiative to facilitate sustainable gaming for centuries to come: the 'Substitute Techno Operative-Organism Project In Development' (STOOPID).

Subscribers to STOOPID will be awarded with a special cyborg component with every video-game they purchase. As a gamer's library begins to swell, and s/he becomes occupied with these titles, s/he should have accumulated enough cyborg components to construct a basic droid.

As a hypothetical example:
10 games could build you a small robot to save you time washing up, cleaning up crushed crisps from the carpet, emptying ash trays and other small tasks. This might bide you just enough time to fully appreciate those games.

1000 games, on the other hand, could build you a fully-fledged cyborg. And because you'd need an entire lifetime of 9-5 gaming to finish all those games, your fully evolved STOOPID cyborg could take your position at the workplace, go to the supermarket, and generally support the gamer and the global economy in every facet of existence. The gamer will have been fully 'substituted' and can just play games... all the time. Cool.

That, my folks and folkettes, is Sustainable Gaming at its finest.

-------------------------------------
Anyone wishing to find out more information about this scheme should shut their eyes really tight, cross their fingers and sing the magic song...
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 29/08/02 at 23:24
Regular
"95% organic"
Over the next week or so, heads of state from around the globe will congregate in Johannesburg to determine the future of our meagre little realities. Although the environment, development and corporate responsibilty made up the original agenda, 'yours truly' wrote a letter to the Summit organisers: who agreed 'sustainable gaming' was a much more pressing issue.

The concern is: if consoles and their respective games continue to improve at an exponential rate, the world will simply come to a halt. No one will go to work, they'll just stay in and play video-games. No one will go out to the shops, they'll just stay in and play video-games. Eventually, no one will bother drawing breath, because they're just too darn busy, playing video-games. And when the games developers themselves become too busy playing games and stop actually making them... the human race will implode, leaving only a marmalade of people-goo as testament to our fate.

Clearly this problem needs to be addressed immediately. We need to keep playing games without leaving the man-made world around us to simply grind to a halt. Hence my formulation of a revolutionary new initiative to facilitate sustainable gaming for centuries to come: the 'Substitute Techno Operative-Organism Project In Development' (STOOPID).

Subscribers to STOOPID will be awarded with a special cyborg component with every video-game they purchase. As a gamer's library begins to swell, and s/he becomes occupied with these titles, s/he should have accumulated enough cyborg components to construct a basic droid.

As a hypothetical example:
10 games could build you a small robot to save you time washing up, cleaning up crushed crisps from the carpet, emptying ash trays and other small tasks. This might bide you just enough time to fully appreciate those games.

1000 games, on the other hand, could build you a fully-fledged cyborg. And because you'd need an entire lifetime of 9-5 gaming to finish all those games, your fully evolved STOOPID cyborg could take your position at the workplace, go to the supermarket, and generally support the gamer and the global economy in every facet of existence. The gamer will have been fully 'substituted' and can just play games... all the time. Cool.

That, my folks and folkettes, is Sustainable Gaming at its finest.

-------------------------------------
Anyone wishing to find out more information about this scheme should shut their eyes really tight, cross their fingers and sing the magic song...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.