GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anticipation."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 19:21
Regular
We all have our favourtie games genre, and within this we all have a few favourite games!

Firstly what makes a game special?

Well to me it is outstanding graphics(example FFX). As if it looks good then at least you have something.

Gameplay is essential, without this we have a poor game that bores you to dead and gets taken back. So for gameplay on me the game has to have a captivating story line, in depth character histories(like in RPG's) as this makes the story better and learing about the character is fun.

The length of a game is also inmportant as if everygame was Luigi's Mansion length, everyone would need new games every week but if a multiplayer mode is thrown in, and it is 1/2 good, then everyone is happy you can have fun on your own or with your mates. Such games that stand out are Goldeneye, Mario Party serise, Agent under fire(not as good as Goldeneye) and Pokemon was fun in my opinion, as trainging your little monsters and beating your pal was great, and trading was useful. Looking forward to the new games!

The sound in a game is important as it sets the atmosphere and if you have S club juniours singing for the Resident evil games you are pretty much confused(or sick) as could you imagine taking out Nemisis with Automatic height playing? So getting good msic is essential but hard as everyone likes diffirent music( i like garage, others like rock) so a variation is good.

These make a good game and a bad game, they also make out standing games.
We have games ranging form Evergrace- Mario Sunshine. games like Evergrace make you think people make games with their eyes shut or have no imagination(or money)

Think about these points and then think of a game you have really wanted, more than anything else which has these in it. Now i will get Mario sunshine a lot but i mean games like i really wanted Jak and Daxter, i thought it wa sgreat but others hated it, so it is hard for developers to make a game that everyone likes.

We all anticiapte something, and most of us in here want/ed a game badly at some point, so think about the points and then think of a game that was outstanding and you could not wait to get your grubby little mits on!

Sir Auron
Thu 29/08/02 at 19:21
Regular
"$hit happens"
We all have our favourtie games genre, and within this we all have a few favourite games!

Firstly what makes a game special?

Well to me it is outstanding graphics(example FFX). As if it looks good then at least you have something.

Gameplay is essential, without this we have a poor game that bores you to dead and gets taken back. So for gameplay on me the game has to have a captivating story line, in depth character histories(like in RPG's) as this makes the story better and learing about the character is fun.

The length of a game is also inmportant as if everygame was Luigi's Mansion length, everyone would need new games every week but if a multiplayer mode is thrown in, and it is 1/2 good, then everyone is happy you can have fun on your own or with your mates. Such games that stand out are Goldeneye, Mario Party serise, Agent under fire(not as good as Goldeneye) and Pokemon was fun in my opinion, as trainging your little monsters and beating your pal was great, and trading was useful. Looking forward to the new games!

The sound in a game is important as it sets the atmosphere and if you have S club juniours singing for the Resident evil games you are pretty much confused(or sick) as could you imagine taking out Nemisis with Automatic height playing? So getting good msic is essential but hard as everyone likes diffirent music( i like garage, others like rock) so a variation is good.

These make a good game and a bad game, they also make out standing games.
We have games ranging form Evergrace- Mario Sunshine. games like Evergrace make you think people make games with their eyes shut or have no imagination(or money)

Think about these points and then think of a game you have really wanted, more than anything else which has these in it. Now i will get Mario sunshine a lot but i mean games like i really wanted Jak and Daxter, i thought it wa sgreat but others hated it, so it is hard for developers to make a game that everyone likes.

We all anticiapte something, and most of us in here want/ed a game badly at some point, so think about the points and then think of a game that was outstanding and you could not wait to get your grubby little mits on!

Sir Auron
Thu 29/08/02 at 19:22
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
Has any one else ever written a review on here before came back the nxt day and notice its gone?? I did one for GTA3 the other day and its disapered?? its even not on my stats?? huh? whys that happened.........
Thu 29/08/02 at 21:31
Regular
"$hit happens"
You have posted that in several topics now i think, go ask the staff and stop annoying us!
Thu 29/08/02 at 23:02
Regular
You Tell him Sir Auron.
Thu 29/08/02 at 23:12
Regular
"WWJD"
Very good but i sounded as though you were gonna tell us a game that you are anticipaten im a little dissapointed
Thu 29/08/02 at 23:13
Regular
Seymour Guado wrote:
> Has any one else ever written a review on here before came back the
> nxt day and notice its gone?? I did one for GTA3 the other day and its
> disapered?? its even not on my stats?? huh? whys that
> happened.........

its a conspiracy you see, no-one likes you, and this is the subtlest way of telling you........ ;)
Fri 30/08/02 at 18:07
Regular
"$hit happens"
Well Longy, the games i am anticipating most have to be
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Party 4
Star Fox: Dinosaur Planet
DBZ: Legacy of Goku( soome people dislike)
FF(the rest of them)
Golden Sun 2

these are just a few i still want to get others like Zelda on the gba but not as much!
Fri 30/08/02 at 18:11
"The Will of D."
I'm waiting for most of those games too plus Zelda GC and GBA. Sir Auron i'm a regular now.
Fri 30/08/02 at 18:31
Regular
"$hit happens"
So when can al see GS, congrats and Zelda GC is not on my list.
Fri 30/08/02 at 19:00
"The Will of D."
No i was saying what else I wanted as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.