GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DREAMING OF GAMES.........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 18:54
Regular
Think about it, some games you play are loads of fun, and you only come back to them to get the same buzz you got the last time you played them. But there are some games you play that totally defy the true motive of playing games by making you think more, and in some cases, they make you become more aware and conscious of life, and everything that surround you.

Everytime I'm bored at night and don't want to sleep yet, I switch on my PS2 and have a go on the game that I enjoy the most, but if I've just begun my adventure on another game like Final Fantasy, I always feel the need to play that first and progress nearer to the end. Well, I remember when an occassion similar to this happened. I wasn't really bored, but I just wanted to play on Jak and Daxter, which I recently got. I played and played for about four hours and progressed quite far, then straight after this I went to bed. It was round about 4.00am. Then what followed was one of the scariest or should I say, freakiest dreams I have ever had.

I was in a land full of bright colours, and every now and then I would encounter the Jak and Daxter type monsters, who would chase me every time. Then I would see lots of green, yellow and red galaxy type things that when I walked into them, they simply vanished and made me feel better. Just like the orbs in Jak and Daxter. This really freaked me out when I woke up. And that was only half the dream, I can't remember what happened later. This is a typical result and example of games that really grab your attention. Jak and Daxter isn't really an awesome game, but it was good enough to grab most of my mind and make me dream about it the following morning.

Max Payne or Medal of Honour would be my example of really endulging games that make you think about them, even when you're doing something else. These are games that have lots of in-depth and really make you think about what you're doing in the game. Games that do this somehow keep their game status by still allowing for fun to be had as well as giving a motion of accomplishment when you complete certain levels.

But one game that really grabbed my head has to be Blade-Runner for the PC. I played it nearly everyday when I got it, but nothing had yet happened to freak me out. But you know the feeling when you can't just stick to playing one game, well as well as playing Blade-Runner, I would play just short plays of Max Payne on my PS2. These were the main ingredients, as well as Final Fantasy 7, that led to my next encounter of a freaky dream.

This time there remained a darker atmosphere around me, which was probably apprehended from Blade-Runner. There were flying cars, VERY tall buildings and those huge telly screens with faces on them. Then it all went haywire! I was riding one of the flying cars (can't remember how I got one) and then suddenly some mobsters started to ram into the back of me. This led to a high speed chase (in mid-air) and it wasn't soon until the Police that are after you in Blade-Runner started chasing me. The bad guys had disappeared from my rear-view mirror and now the police were frantically on my back. I was now in a 'no-win' situation and I desperately wanted to wake up, but I couldn't! Well, not yet anyway. I immediately forced myself to wake up and found buckets of sweat dripping off me. This had had to be the freakiest dream I had ever had, and all caused by my extreme dedication to games.

There are loads of games out there like MGS2, Halo and Frontline that surpass the meaning of games. It comes as a shock to you because never before have games become so intense and so depth, except for FPSs like Quake, Unreal Tournament, SOF, Deus Ex and so on. Games that really give you an experience are the ones you'll always remember, and ones that are worth acknowledging.

There are two types of games in the industry today. Those that are there for pure fun, and those that want to create a greater in-depth experience. Both games are great as a mixture, but if one recieves more attention than the other, gaming might never be what we see it as today.

Thanks for reading
Fri 30/08/02 at 21:39
Got bored.

Good post length though.
Thu 29/08/02 at 18:54
Regular
"Stay cool Dudes"
Think about it, some games you play are loads of fun, and you only come back to them to get the same buzz you got the last time you played them. But there are some games you play that totally defy the true motive of playing games by making you think more, and in some cases, they make you become more aware and conscious of life, and everything that surround you.

Everytime I'm bored at night and don't want to sleep yet, I switch on my PS2 and have a go on the game that I enjoy the most, but if I've just begun my adventure on another game like Final Fantasy, I always feel the need to play that first and progress nearer to the end. Well, I remember when an occassion similar to this happened. I wasn't really bored, but I just wanted to play on Jak and Daxter, which I recently got. I played and played for about four hours and progressed quite far, then straight after this I went to bed. It was round about 4.00am. Then what followed was one of the scariest or should I say, freakiest dreams I have ever had.

I was in a land full of bright colours, and every now and then I would encounter the Jak and Daxter type monsters, who would chase me every time. Then I would see lots of green, yellow and red galaxy type things that when I walked into them, they simply vanished and made me feel better. Just like the orbs in Jak and Daxter. This really freaked me out when I woke up. And that was only half the dream, I can't remember what happened later. This is a typical result and example of games that really grab your attention. Jak and Daxter isn't really an awesome game, but it was good enough to grab most of my mind and make me dream about it the following morning.

Max Payne or Medal of Honour would be my example of really endulging games that make you think about them, even when you're doing something else. These are games that have lots of in-depth and really make you think about what you're doing in the game. Games that do this somehow keep their game status by still allowing for fun to be had as well as giving a motion of accomplishment when you complete certain levels.

But one game that really grabbed my head has to be Blade-Runner for the PC. I played it nearly everyday when I got it, but nothing had yet happened to freak me out. But you know the feeling when you can't just stick to playing one game, well as well as playing Blade-Runner, I would play just short plays of Max Payne on my PS2. These were the main ingredients, as well as Final Fantasy 7, that led to my next encounter of a freaky dream.

This time there remained a darker atmosphere around me, which was probably apprehended from Blade-Runner. There were flying cars, VERY tall buildings and those huge telly screens with faces on them. Then it all went haywire! I was riding one of the flying cars (can't remember how I got one) and then suddenly some mobsters started to ram into the back of me. This led to a high speed chase (in mid-air) and it wasn't soon until the Police that are after you in Blade-Runner started chasing me. The bad guys had disappeared from my rear-view mirror and now the police were frantically on my back. I was now in a 'no-win' situation and I desperately wanted to wake up, but I couldn't! Well, not yet anyway. I immediately forced myself to wake up and found buckets of sweat dripping off me. This had had to be the freakiest dream I had ever had, and all caused by my extreme dedication to games.

There are loads of games out there like MGS2, Halo and Frontline that surpass the meaning of games. It comes as a shock to you because never before have games become so intense and so depth, except for FPSs like Quake, Unreal Tournament, SOF, Deus Ex and so on. Games that really give you an experience are the ones you'll always remember, and ones that are worth acknowledging.

There are two types of games in the industry today. Those that are there for pure fun, and those that want to create a greater in-depth experience. Both games are great as a mixture, but if one recieves more attention than the other, gaming might never be what we see it as today.

Thanks for reading

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.