GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"annoyed - long and stupid topic to make me feel better."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 11:40
Regular
Before I start I will say this is not aimed at every single person, in fact aimed at very few people.
Also I am a little biased towards GameCube but in this I will try to stay unbiased.

Ok a few annoying things are in these forums, some that are new some that are old, and im not really having ago at people who start topics as MAINLY its people who reply to them that ruin it.

1. Spammers

Yes everyone hates them apart from fellow spammers, and yes this sort of thing has done before. Now for starts it is of course newbies who do this, something I will do a bit later. Regulars and notables don’t do it as they wouldn’t have got to becoming them in the first place. All I can say is that SR try there best to stop this from happening, and in most cases do a good job. For starts I think some may be doing it with out realizing what they are doing, like when they post 3 or 4 topics on their first day thinking its ok.
Its when they are on day 10 and people have told them to stop but they carry on and that is when i would call them spammers as they are doing it on purpose, that is when i believe that they should be kicked out, maybe a button under their name which you press when they get annoyed and if enough people vote than they are out.
After all why should we put up with idiots who have nothing better to do than annoy people with their childish antics?

2. Racism

Im on about people thinking that they are better than they actually are and that they look down on people.
Now I don’t mind when some people have a go at others as its part of the posting which you have to put up with.
It’s when people start to pick on people for no good reason; this happens to newbies a lot because of spammers.
Now if someone makes a post and you don’t like it that gives you no reason to start picking on them, this shows you are very unintelligent as this is more than likely going to then be retaliated and the topic, which you hate, will stay near the top. A good idea would be to write why you think they are wrong and they will more than likely shut up so the topics goes away and the get the idea not to do those sort of topics any more.
This is every type of person doing this newbies, regulars and notables, although I very rarely see notables do it.

4. Console wars.

Now I know that they will be done no matter what I say, and I actually like them, but its stupid having the top 3 topics being about console wars, just let the others drop so only one is there.
Then there are the same old replies in those topics:

3. 1) DVDs - aimed at PS2 and Xbox

Im here to chat about games not stupid things you can watch, and not play.
I play a DVD on PS2 and on my pc and DVD player, I find the DVD player has far more options and using the right leads and speakers find that it is also better.
A lot of people say try finding a DVD player that costs £30, well first GC price is dropping so then its £60 with that I could buy 2 more games because I already have a DVD player, and people who haven’t got one shouldn’t really care as the only good thing I find is you can skip to scenes instead of fast forwarding, plus you should be playing games.

2) Amount of games – aimed at PS2

So what you’re saying is that if I gave you Barbie’s underworld palace and superman 64 it would be better than MGS. No I think not, what you really should be saying is that so and so has better games or has more good games than so and so.

4) Size – aimed at GC

The fact that GC is tiny makes no difference to the gaming, most people have space some where to put a vcr or dvd player so what’s the prob with the size of the xbox nothing that what.

5) Exclusive games – aimed at them all.

The fact Xbox has halo, GC has resi evil 0 and PS2 has MGS makes no difference really.
Halo, resi evil and MGS will all have a game like them on another format.
This is one reply im not to bothered with because it is the gaming sort of thing, its when the 30th fanboy says Halo is only on xbox that it gets me annoyed as first of all it gets boring and then it sounds like that person has ran out of reasons for that console.

6) Specs – aimed at Xbox

no one cares about the specs it’s the games that use them and if they don’t you may as well have a tomagisc (hell knows how to spell, those little pets in the little egg thing.

There’s loads more.

There you go, long I know soz.

But the thing is im here for gaming not the old my-console-is-better-than-yours-because-its-small.

Don’t blame me for this blame ignorant people in these forums.
Thu 29/08/02 at 11:55
"The Will of D."
Ah! It sounds so much better without TOSH around and Redtie's been banned! LOL
Thu 29/08/02 at 11:40
Regular
Before I start I will say this is not aimed at every single person, in fact aimed at very few people.
Also I am a little biased towards GameCube but in this I will try to stay unbiased.

Ok a few annoying things are in these forums, some that are new some that are old, and im not really having ago at people who start topics as MAINLY its people who reply to them that ruin it.

1. Spammers

Yes everyone hates them apart from fellow spammers, and yes this sort of thing has done before. Now for starts it is of course newbies who do this, something I will do a bit later. Regulars and notables don’t do it as they wouldn’t have got to becoming them in the first place. All I can say is that SR try there best to stop this from happening, and in most cases do a good job. For starts I think some may be doing it with out realizing what they are doing, like when they post 3 or 4 topics on their first day thinking its ok.
Its when they are on day 10 and people have told them to stop but they carry on and that is when i would call them spammers as they are doing it on purpose, that is when i believe that they should be kicked out, maybe a button under their name which you press when they get annoyed and if enough people vote than they are out.
After all why should we put up with idiots who have nothing better to do than annoy people with their childish antics?

2. Racism

Im on about people thinking that they are better than they actually are and that they look down on people.
Now I don’t mind when some people have a go at others as its part of the posting which you have to put up with.
It’s when people start to pick on people for no good reason; this happens to newbies a lot because of spammers.
Now if someone makes a post and you don’t like it that gives you no reason to start picking on them, this shows you are very unintelligent as this is more than likely going to then be retaliated and the topic, which you hate, will stay near the top. A good idea would be to write why you think they are wrong and they will more than likely shut up so the topics goes away and the get the idea not to do those sort of topics any more.
This is every type of person doing this newbies, regulars and notables, although I very rarely see notables do it.

4. Console wars.

Now I know that they will be done no matter what I say, and I actually like them, but its stupid having the top 3 topics being about console wars, just let the others drop so only one is there.
Then there are the same old replies in those topics:

3. 1) DVDs - aimed at PS2 and Xbox

Im here to chat about games not stupid things you can watch, and not play.
I play a DVD on PS2 and on my pc and DVD player, I find the DVD player has far more options and using the right leads and speakers find that it is also better.
A lot of people say try finding a DVD player that costs £30, well first GC price is dropping so then its £60 with that I could buy 2 more games because I already have a DVD player, and people who haven’t got one shouldn’t really care as the only good thing I find is you can skip to scenes instead of fast forwarding, plus you should be playing games.

2) Amount of games – aimed at PS2

So what you’re saying is that if I gave you Barbie’s underworld palace and superman 64 it would be better than MGS. No I think not, what you really should be saying is that so and so has better games or has more good games than so and so.

4) Size – aimed at GC

The fact that GC is tiny makes no difference to the gaming, most people have space some where to put a vcr or dvd player so what’s the prob with the size of the xbox nothing that what.

5) Exclusive games – aimed at them all.

The fact Xbox has halo, GC has resi evil 0 and PS2 has MGS makes no difference really.
Halo, resi evil and MGS will all have a game like them on another format.
This is one reply im not to bothered with because it is the gaming sort of thing, its when the 30th fanboy says Halo is only on xbox that it gets me annoyed as first of all it gets boring and then it sounds like that person has ran out of reasons for that console.

6) Specs – aimed at Xbox

no one cares about the specs it’s the games that use them and if they don’t you may as well have a tomagisc (hell knows how to spell, those little pets in the little egg thing.

There’s loads more.

There you go, long I know soz.

But the thing is im here for gaming not the old my-console-is-better-than-yours-because-its-small.

Don’t blame me for this blame ignorant people in these forums.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.