GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you ever given your comp a pasting?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 10:01
Regular
A recent report has suggested that more and more people have, at some point suffered from what they are calling 'Information rage'.

You know? When your damn 56K modem just isn't fast enough to download that picture of Anna Kournikova before your mum enters the room, you just feel like opening a can of 'Whoop' and indeed some 'Ass' on your tiny little screen.

Now, I've quite often had a fit of impatient ranting. But has anyone else actualy inflicted any serious hurt to anything or anyone due to their computer playing silly Boogers?
Fri 30/08/02 at 15:15
Regular
yeah, but he's a sucker for those low blows, gets him everytime ....
Fri 30/08/02 at 15:14
In fact me and my wall have become quite good sparing partners of late.

He's got to work on his defense though.
Fri 30/08/02 at 15:10
Regular
yeah, but my wall was plasterboard and a nice knuckle shaped hole now resides there... :)
Fri 30/08/02 at 15:07
<- Pappa Lazarou -> wrote:
> do I have a problem managing my anger? nah....

Thats the thing you see. I don't get stressed at anything, (even though my username suggests otherwise) but when the computer is being particularly slow I can definitely feel the blood pressure rise.

I normaly end up punching the wall. Which I am guessing has even less give than the monitor?

Ho Hum.
Fri 30/08/02 at 15:07
Regular
I've got one, or should I say I had one ... :)

The best cure for stress is a set of gloves and a punchbag, which sadly came off the wall when me and my friends got together while severely lashed up, and gave it the beating of its life....
Fri 30/08/02 at 15:04
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Well I can't really judge on anger management but for christmas I would advise "Santa" gets you one of those rubber stress balls lol ;D they may be for mental patients who urinate in thier own clothes but if it works :D
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:56
Regular
yeah, monitors arent a good thing for punching. you get little reaction from it and usually badly bruised knuckles.

the other week I lost my rag when my PC kept crashing for no reason, so went into the garage, found a croquet stick (I don't play it so don't ask me why it was there), and applied it generously to an old telly. after 2 or 3 hits I caught the top of the screen, and it exploded with the most satisfying sound in the world.
do I have a problem managing my anger? nah....
Fri 30/08/02 at 13:41
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Tetchy wrote:
> A recent report has suggested that more and more people have, at some
> point suffered from what they are calling 'Information rage'.
>
> You know? When your damn 56K modem just isn't fast enough

ohhhhh I remember those days before Broad band but now my computer lives without domestic abuse unless of course I get drunk and grr a ge dm smellly damn (***SMASH***) Oh my god I KILLED HER!!! (Jumps out window and runs...)
Thu 29/08/02 at 17:07
Regular
"That's right!"
I've thrown my controller to the floor a load of times. I've punched this monitor a load in the past, and I often bang my fist on this desk, which is made of glass. Surprised I haven't put it through yet
Thu 29/08/02 at 17:01
Regular
"Bobba you"
Yup I suffer from this rage to.

Once my pc crashed on a file what I was donwloading and it took ages! and yer you've got it it crashed and bacily pulled my mouse out of the back and threw it, at teh time I felt good but then after I got grounded and had to but a new mouse. I got a KitKat one :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.