GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"point to another site"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/06/08 at 20:58
Regular
"one more question"
This may well be a silly question... I have 2 domains, both with the same name but one .com & the other .co.uk. Is there anything within the freeola control panel to enable me to point the .com site direct to the .co.uk? At the moment I have put script into the index page & redirected it, but I would prefer not to have any page delay at all
Mon 30/06/08 at 16:36
Regular
"one more question"
Thanks Guys, still not showing on mine after clearing temp folder but someone else just checked for me & they're both working for him too. As long as everyone else can see them that's what counts I guess.... thanks again
Mon 30/06/08 at 15:09
Regular
Favicons showing in both sites for me as well.

digi
Mon 30/06/08 at 15:05
"Are you sure?"
It displays for me!

Favicons can be awkward - Try clearing your temp internet files and re-visit the page. IE7 is often slower to pick up Favicons than FF so it's usually easier to test/check using that browser.

Nice site!

Search Freeola Chat
Mon 30/06/08 at 14:10
Regular
"one more question"
Hmmm, maybe you can answer this one then, you appear to know what you're talking about..... my .com website now points to my .co.uk successfully, great, but how come if I punch in www.scorpionleasing.com my favicon.ico shows up in the tab bar (IE7) & in my favourites, but if I go www.scorpionleasing.co.uk it doesn't show, even though they both point to the same domain? any ideas?
Mon 30/06/08 at 10:23
Regular
"one more question"
Cheers Hmmmm, I didn't want to start messing around with settings I wasn't sure of. I've successfully changed the options now & just gotta wait 20 mins to test everything works ok, thanks again.
Mon 30/06/08 at 08:42
"Are you sure?"
Hi Numpty boy,
Yes, you can control these options in MyFreeola.

Go to 'My Websites' then 'Edit website addresses' and follow the options as required.

Search Freeola Chat My Freeola Instant Site
Sun 29/06/08 at 20:58
Regular
"one more question"
This may well be a silly question... I have 2 domains, both with the same name but one .com & the other .co.uk. Is there anything within the freeola control panel to enable me to point the .com site direct to the .co.uk? At the moment I have put script into the index page & redirected it, but I would prefer not to have any page delay at all

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.