GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"(Film) Kung Fu Panda"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/06/08 at 22:22
Regular
"I like turtles"
Its the start of the summer blockbuster season.Here is one film that has been a huge surprise over in the US and now its just about to hit UK cinemas.It is a CGI created animated film about an overweight panda called Po who is chosen by mistake to train as the 'The Dragon Warrior'.He has to save a village from an impending attack by an evil snow leopard Tai Lung.Upon finishing his martial arts training Tai Lung betrayed his master and was imprisoned.He has now escaped and is hellbent on revenge.Throw into the mix 'The Furious Five' who are a team of actual martial arts masters.They have spent their lives training for one of them to become the chosen 'Dragon Warrior'.Here you have the formula for one of the most enjoyable films I have seen in ages.

Visually the film looks stunning with vibrant colours,fantastic animation and wonderful backgrounds.The characters look amazing and the action and fight sequences are all very entertaining.This looks as impressive as anything produced by Disney's Pixar studio and is easily the best animated film to come from the Dreamworks studio since 2001's Shrek.

The film has obviously been written as a vehicle for the brilliant Jack Black (who voices Po the panda).Other well known stars such as Angelina Jolie,Lucy Lui & Jackie Chan provide voices but its Blacks show all the way.The script is very funny and with some great lines.There is a scene very early in the movie where Po is attempting to break into a courtyard.It is reminiscent of Wile E Coyote's attempts at catching the road runner.The audience were all clearly loving every single minute of it.

After a seemingly endless amount of mediocre CGI animated films here is one that for me didn't disappoint.It is up there with Shrek,Finding Nemo & The Incredibles in my opinion and is much better than the likes of Over The Hedge,Flushed Away,Cars etc.

Its not just for kids this is a really enjoyable funny film that I would recommend to anyone who just wants to be entertained.You really can prepare for the awesomeness !!!.

A 9/10 from me,this is great fun!!.
Thu 03/07/08 at 11:09
Regular
I'm not usually into the CGI movies because of shrek. It was such a good film that it just seems to shadow all the other ones, however, this one does sound quite good so i may have to have another adventure at the cinema. But i won't be buying popcorn and coke, not at £7 a time ;)

Congrats on the GAD as well.
Wed 02/07/08 at 16:21
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thanks guys !.Its well worth catching if you get the chance.
Wed 02/07/08 at 12:55
"possibly impossible"
Yeah, well done on the GAD.
Wed 02/07/08 at 12:04
Regular
"THFC"
well done on the win pete!
I am looking forward to watching this, but need to find the time - plus so many other films i want to see!
Sat 28/06/08 at 22:22
Regular
"I like turtles"
Its the start of the summer blockbuster season.Here is one film that has been a huge surprise over in the US and now its just about to hit UK cinemas.It is a CGI created animated film about an overweight panda called Po who is chosen by mistake to train as the 'The Dragon Warrior'.He has to save a village from an impending attack by an evil snow leopard Tai Lung.Upon finishing his martial arts training Tai Lung betrayed his master and was imprisoned.He has now escaped and is hellbent on revenge.Throw into the mix 'The Furious Five' who are a team of actual martial arts masters.They have spent their lives training for one of them to become the chosen 'Dragon Warrior'.Here you have the formula for one of the most enjoyable films I have seen in ages.

Visually the film looks stunning with vibrant colours,fantastic animation and wonderful backgrounds.The characters look amazing and the action and fight sequences are all very entertaining.This looks as impressive as anything produced by Disney's Pixar studio and is easily the best animated film to come from the Dreamworks studio since 2001's Shrek.

The film has obviously been written as a vehicle for the brilliant Jack Black (who voices Po the panda).Other well known stars such as Angelina Jolie,Lucy Lui & Jackie Chan provide voices but its Blacks show all the way.The script is very funny and with some great lines.There is a scene very early in the movie where Po is attempting to break into a courtyard.It is reminiscent of Wile E Coyote's attempts at catching the road runner.The audience were all clearly loving every single minute of it.

After a seemingly endless amount of mediocre CGI animated films here is one that for me didn't disappoint.It is up there with Shrek,Finding Nemo & The Incredibles in my opinion and is much better than the likes of Over The Hedge,Flushed Away,Cars etc.

Its not just for kids this is a really enjoyable funny film that I would recommend to anyone who just wants to be entertained.You really can prepare for the awesomeness !!!.

A 9/10 from me,this is great fun!!.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.