GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"STAR WARS ROQUE SQUADRON 2(NOT SUCH A GREAT GAME!)"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 20:20
Regular
After reading tons of reviews and opinions i came to the conclusion that Star Wars RS 2 deserved my hard earned cash. But when i played it the gameplay wont that good, the AI a little thick along with your own squadron and the game to easy to complete (Gold medals were a little hard to come by). The pros were the graphics and the ships and the fact that its star wars. Overall i have played much better flying games like Crimson Skies for the pc. If i was to review Roque Squadron i would give it 81% rather than the higher scores of 90+ that other mags were happy to give. Your Views.
Mon 02/09/02 at 00:18
Regular
"Balls"
i totaly agree with da...ve.. persons opion i was really expecting a great game but it wasent as good as i thought it would be. it does deserve 80% but it was not the game i was expecting.

sorry is i spelt anything wrong.
Mon 02/09/02 at 00:13
Regular
Yeah I second that, theres never going to be a game everyone loves, and he still thinks it deserves a respectable score. He didn't write a load of n00b crap or anything.
Sun 01/09/02 at 22:33
Regular
People are being a bit hard on davidsobell - it's his opinion after all. Personally, I love the game, and think it deserves something in the region of 89%-91%. 81%'s still a good score, and he's explained why he thinks it doesn't deserve 90.

A tip though davidsobell, caps is annoying, try to keep topic names in lower case.
Sun 01/09/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Unretired"
I love that game.
Sun 01/09/02 at 20:08
"The Will of D."
When i'm done with Sonic Adventures 2 battle.
Sun 01/09/02 at 20:06
Regular
"Unretired"
Play it more.
Sun 01/09/02 at 19:59
"The Will of D."
It's too hard for me though can't even get past The battle of Hoth.
Sun 01/09/02 at 19:58
Regular
I don't agree, Rogue Leader is easily the best Star Wars console game since the days of the SNES.
Sun 01/09/02 at 19:38
Regular
"Unretired"
Well I would hardly say its easy to gain all gold medals, In fact I found it quite difficult.

But I think it is worth the 90%+ Reviews to be honest, I am a Small fan of the films, and this game recreates the scenes exact. And the graphics are awesome, plus theres tonnes of hidden goodies to be had, offering replay value. Did I mention the soundtrack is awesome too?

Basically all that sums up an excellent game, too bad you cant see that.
Sun 01/09/02 at 19:33
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I don't mind that the game isn't that long (though getting all those medals is hard) as this is one of the few Star Wars games which recreates integral scenes from the origanal Films perfectly for a game format.

I've played through many of the levels loads of times as they are just so fun great to play, as well as being extremely fun. Great game, great graphics and some awesome levels.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.