GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rejuvanate my pikmin"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 20:11
Regular
This game is full of surpirses. Im not sure if any of you guys have played it but its so unique. It adds new depth to the strategy and puzzle genre and I cant wait for nintendo to release more exciting titles to its brilliant little console. I also heard the creator of the game Pikmin got the idea when he was in his backgarden, he was staring at a bunch of ants
Wed 28/08/02 at 21:22
Regular
Found it, yes its a rumor but some of them come true.

NOM issue 120 page10 star wars side it says =

We may not of heard of pikmin 2 but miyamoto has hinted that a pikmin 3 could be soon announced.

that along with Driver 3 is coming, oh good i liked 1 and 2.
Wed 28/08/02 at 21:20
Regular
er no i mean 3 i read it in a mag that he was dropping hints about.

Yes i was surpised too, but i cant see why the mag would lie, ill go have a look for it.
Wed 28/08/02 at 21:07
"Mimmargh!"
NaŠ†Ÿ_Nêighßoû® wrote:
> Miyamoto has already dropped hints about pikmin 3.

er...you mean Pikmin 2.
Wed 28/08/02 at 20:58
Regular
Miyamoto has already dropped hints about pikmin 3.
Wed 28/08/02 at 20:50
Regular
I should think it'll be Olimar again, God knows how he'll crash this time. Maybe he doesn't even make it home, the ending never shws him with his family.

Also looks like there'll be different coloured Pikmin, the end sequence showed black, purple and I think green flying onion things. I can't wait.
Wed 28/08/02 at 20:34
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Do we really want another sequel or a totally new game that the creators could think of in the time it would take to make a sequel. I personally would prefer an entire new game for them to concentrate on so they could produce another one off hit like Pikmin without needless sequels.
Wed 28/08/02 at 20:28
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
cookie monster wrote:

> As BIGMAN said however the game is woefully short. Here's hoping that
> the sequels will be 30-40 hours long.

I was wondering how excatly would they produce another one, would another crazy looking astronaut crash on the planet or would Captin Olimar return to see his plat friends?
Wed 28/08/02 at 20:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Pikmin is an excellent display of innovation and originality. Whilst RTS is not a new genre i feel that Pikmin has revolutionised it, it has made an easy to understand interface that actually works on a consoles. Whilst the tactical options are not as varied as other games in the genre, such as the command and conquer games, the game does still present you with innumerable challenges that keep the game fresh.

As BIGMAN said however the game is woefully short. Here's hoping that the sequels will be 30-40 hours long.
Wed 28/08/02 at 20:21
Regular
It's not that short, took me 2 goes to get all the ship parts, so that's about 20 hrs play. Longer than a lot of games these day.
Wed 28/08/02 at 20:18
"The Will of D."
I don't really like pikmin much, I just stick to game that has not got anything to do with plants.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.