GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The evolution of games and consoles"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 18:20
Regular
If you think about games and their consoles play a big importance in our lives. If you just go out to a town you will see shops with games in our selling games with their consoles. Games have been around for a long time from Home entertainment (computer consoles) to arcade machines. The first ever-home console that was a success was the Super Nintendo with such games as Super Mario all-stars and other games, which Mario was mostly involved in. After the Super Nintendo (snes) there was a series of consoles the mega drive and the Sega Saturn. The first ever-handheld games console was the Game boy original. It had some good games but is considered at the moment to be very old. After the Game boy original was the game boy colour and Game boy pocket. In 1996 the next Nintendo console was released the Nintendo 64. This was a huge success with games like Mario 64, Goldeneye Conkers bad fur day and Tony hawks2. At about the same time in 1996 the Playstaion was released. The Playstaion for me never was that good as it did not have the great makers like Nintendo has like Rare, which made James bond Goldeneye and Diddy Kong racing. After 1996 there want another console released till about 2000. In the year 2000 The Playstaion2 was released. Now this did you look much better than its first console. But if you did like some of the old Playstaion games you could still play them on the new Playstaion2. The Playstaion2 was the first console too introduce a dvd player built in the actual Playstaion. The only problem with the Playstaion2 was that only 2 people could play at one time, but that was soon sorted as Sony introduced a multi-tap where you could play more than 2 players. At £300 when it was first introduced it was expensive but well worth the money. About a year later the new game boy was introduced the Game boy Advance. It had a much bigger screen and it could play game boy colour games on it as well, and now that there is a cartridge to put in the back or you game boy advance which can turn your game boy to turn it into a Mini TV. The life for Hand-held equipment couldn’t look better. Last year Bill gates and the first online gaming console released The Microsoft Xbox. It was pretty big though and cost £300,but the playstion2 by then was only £200. And finally the latest console released back in may this year was the Nintendo gamecube. Nintendo had abandoned the cartridge system and went to small DVD discs measuring 8cm wide to prevent Piracy. For myself the Gamecube is the best out of the three consoles at the moment and that’s why I bought it and being only £130 it was a price tag that couldn’t be shacked off and next year online capability is available and with great games coming out like Resident evil and more Mario games to come. Also to look forward too is The wavebird a wireless controller which is a controller which can be used without wires. At the moment isn’t being released in England but you can import it from Canada for £23 and is well worth it. The gamecube does look very promising but so do the plastation2 and Xbox.
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:20
Regular
"In and out :)"
If you think about games and their consoles play a big importance in our lives. If you just go out to a town you will see shops with games in our selling games with their consoles. Games have been around for a long time from Home entertainment (computer consoles) to arcade machines. The first ever-home console that was a success was the Super Nintendo with such games as Super Mario all-stars and other games, which Mario was mostly involved in. After the Super Nintendo (snes) there was a series of consoles the mega drive and the Sega Saturn. The first ever-handheld games console was the Game boy original. It had some good games but is considered at the moment to be very old. After the Game boy original was the game boy colour and Game boy pocket. In 1996 the next Nintendo console was released the Nintendo 64. This was a huge success with games like Mario 64, Goldeneye Conkers bad fur day and Tony hawks2. At about the same time in 1996 the Playstaion was released. The Playstaion for me never was that good as it did not have the great makers like Nintendo has like Rare, which made James bond Goldeneye and Diddy Kong racing. After 1996 there want another console released till about 2000. In the year 2000 The Playstaion2 was released. Now this did you look much better than its first console. But if you did like some of the old Playstaion games you could still play them on the new Playstaion2. The Playstaion2 was the first console too introduce a dvd player built in the actual Playstaion. The only problem with the Playstaion2 was that only 2 people could play at one time, but that was soon sorted as Sony introduced a multi-tap where you could play more than 2 players. At £300 when it was first introduced it was expensive but well worth the money. About a year later the new game boy was introduced the Game boy Advance. It had a much bigger screen and it could play game boy colour games on it as well, and now that there is a cartridge to put in the back or you game boy advance which can turn your game boy to turn it into a Mini TV. The life for Hand-held equipment couldn’t look better. Last year Bill gates and the first online gaming console released The Microsoft Xbox. It was pretty big though and cost £300,but the playstion2 by then was only £200. And finally the latest console released back in may this year was the Nintendo gamecube. Nintendo had abandoned the cartridge system and went to small DVD discs measuring 8cm wide to prevent Piracy. For myself the Gamecube is the best out of the three consoles at the moment and that’s why I bought it and being only £130 it was a price tag that couldn’t be shacked off and next year online capability is available and with great games coming out like Resident evil and more Mario games to come. Also to look forward too is The wavebird a wireless controller which is a controller which can be used without wires. At the moment isn’t being released in England but you can import it from Canada for £23 and is well worth it. The gamecube does look very promising but so do the plastation2 and Xbox.
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:47
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
ok, you seem to have missed out sega completely, u sed x box is the 1st online console, but its actually dreamcast. you also missed out on master system, megadrive/genesis, and gamegear in your handheld bit.

and u didn't mention the nes

and snes wasn't the 1st successful home console, if anything at least the nes was, but it probably wasn't the 1st really successful one
Thu 29/08/02 at 23:25
Regular
Yeah, but most of those consoles failed completely and the GameGear was a poor clone of the GameBoy.
Thu 29/08/02 at 23:44
Regular
Looks like our Smash Brothers Master has returned.

Did you get all those trophies in the end?
Thu 29/08/02 at 23:47
Regular
Hey look! A n00b wrote a topic longer than three sentences that actually makes sense! *applauds*
Fri 30/08/02 at 13:32
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
Strafex wrote:
> Looks like our Smash Brothers Master has returned.
>
> Did you get all those trophies in the end?

are you talking about me, nintendoid or maverick?

.......i hope its me!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.