GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Keane up for sale!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 13:21
Regular
All written by me, give me a GAD for it!
Or maybe it was from Skysports.com...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Leeds have given Tottenham a 24-hour deadline to make their move for Robbie Keane.

The Republic of Ireland striker has been told he can leave Elland Road after failing to force his way into Terry Venables' plans.

Spurs are still searching for a forward before the transfer window closes on August 31, but Leeds are believed to have put a 24-hour time limit on any Keane deal, so they can get their own replacement in.

Venables said: "There has to be a deadline and if anything is going to happen then I have to be ready.

"I have to get my ducks in line just in case something happens in the next few days. I don't want one of the ducks just for the sake of it, I want a top duck. I may decide to say 'no' and prefer to keep the money until January."

Glenn Hoddle is expected to renew their interest in Keane as they appear to have missed out on Real Madrid's Spain international Fernando Morientes

Hoddle added: "Time is running out but we can't do any more than we are. The Morientes deal is a difficult one and there are a lot of things happening which are not necessarily between us and Real Madrid.

"There are other things that might affect it and while we have not given up hope, it is a bit complicated."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No doubt about it something stupid will happen!

Man U are meant to put a bid in for Gudjohnson as well!
Sat 31/08/02 at 21:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
£7 million? wow that's quite cheap actually for someone of his ability. And yes i'm really surprised there wasn't quite a big rush for Flo. I know he had a rough time up in Scotland but he really is a good player and someone who can score around 15+ goals a season in the premiership. Sunderland got a good deal for him.
Sat 31/08/02 at 14:14
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Hasselbaink is actually being valued at around £7 million which is still quite a lot considering his age but any attempt to sign him would be pointless as Ken Bates will not sell him to anyone let alone Man U who he reportedly had been said to have told them to f**k off when they inquired about a player. I'm not too sure that playing with Giggs and Beckham would make a difference anyway, he tends to create a lot of his goals himself or it will be through the great chemistry between him and Gudjohnson.

I think that Sunderland new boy Tore Andre Flo would have been an ideal signing for United. Tall and lanky to get knockdown headers, suprisingly skillful on the ball and a clinical finisher. Also quite cheap at £6 mil compared to the £12 mil that Rangers paid for him.
Sat 31/08/02 at 12:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Mr Ripper seems to be forgetting another thing as well. What exactly is the striking partnership that starts most of Hollands matches? It ain't Hasselbaink and Nistelrooy. You seem to be forgetting that Dutch master, that Barcelona Magician, Patrick Kluivert. Him and Nistelrooy usually starts the games and Hasselbaink usually comes on as a Substitute so to blame their non-qualification on him when he's a substitute is pretty stupid yourself.
He can score a bag of goals when he's playing for Chelsea for crying out loud, who knows how many he'd score with the likes of Beckham and Giggs swinging them in from the wings and Veron knocking them through the center. He could quite easily win the golden boot with Nistelrooy right behind him. At only around 15 Million he's a steal
Sat 31/08/02 at 11:22
Regular
yep mr Ripper, made a bit of a plonker of yourself then! France didn't have to qualify. And even if they did they probably wouldn't have had as harder group as holland had. With portugal, Ireland and themselves competing for two spots. Personally i think they would have probably have had a great chance of winning, as they are one of the best teams in the world. Holland are obviously crap and its the strikers fault. Hence the reason the winners Brazil qualified by the skin of their teeth and have, ronaldo, rivaldo and ronaldinho in the team. what a load of crap you talk. Oh and Hasselbaink would score 50 in all competitions a season if he was at man utd with such a rich supply. Him and van Nistelrooy would be a good partnership for a big club. The way i see it Holland or england will win euro 2004. As holland have a great team and 3 or 4 of the best youngsters in the world coming through as do england.

Oh and you have to have a go at forlan, you can't just say he was with in an inch of scoring on several occasions. missing by an inch means nothing. only goals count and so he may as well of been hitting the corner flag. They need another striker and Robbie Keane would have been a good choice. The only problem is that another big sale to man utd might have resulted in peter Risdale getting lynched by his own supporters!
Sat 31/08/02 at 11:06
Regular
Lets see how he does on his debut for Spurs today...
Fri 30/08/02 at 15:44
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Skysports.com

Leeds striker Robbie Keane is poised to beat Saturday's newly-imposed transfer deadline by signing for Spurs in a cut-price £7million deal.

Keane expressed his bitter frustration at starting this season on the bench, despite the summer arrival of new boss Terry Venables.

The 22-year-old had been hoping that following his superb performances for the Republic of Ireland during the World Cup he would be given the nod for a starting place by Venables.

But despite the change of face, the story remained the same for Keane as he was subjected to bench duties for the majority of the second half of last season under former manager David O'Leary.

Despite scoring as a substitute in the 3-0 opening day victory at home to Manchester City, Keane could not see his situation improving and so publicly voiced his concerns.

Spurs have managed to knock Leeds down from their original £9million asking price, a sum which was agreed with Sunderland during the close season, only for Keane to reject the Black Cats.

The figure represents a £6million loss on the striker who joined Leeds for £13million from Inter Milan in December 2000.

A disappointed Venables said: "Robbie is talking to Spurs regarding a deal for £7million and it looks likely he is going to go through.

"He did ask to go. He stated that last week, even though I thought he was settled. Obviously he was not.
Fri 30/08/02 at 15:03
Regular
Mr Ripper wrote:
> Don't be stupid. My point was that they obviously can't be too great a
> striking partnership if they couldn't help the team qualify.
>
> France did qualify.
> Holland didn't.
>
> See?

Thats a bit of a crap example seeing as France qualified as the winners from last time round...
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:31
Regular
"  "
I heared on all sotes its not looking likely. Morientes is a no no and Keane is apparently our last hope with Gudjhonsen, Phillips, Morientes and Chiesa all been ruled out. Lets hope this medical goes well.
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:24
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Latest news:

Spurs have agreed a price between £7 - £9 and Leeds have agreed. He's on his way down to London for a medical now.

Remember, the transfer deadline is at 5pm tomorrow!
Fri 30/08/02 at 12:02
"Darkness, always"
lalakersrule wrote:
> because everything is all about the strikers up front isn't it? That's
> the only part of the team that matters. How silly of me to forget
> that.
> The french forwards in the world cup never even scored a goal yet i'd
> be quite happy having Henry and Trezeguet up front for Man United
> every week (along with Nistelrooy in a 3-4-3)

Don't be stupid. My point was that they obviously can't be too great a striking partnership if they couldn't help the team qualify.

France did qualify.
Holland didn't.

See?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.