GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Operation Flashpoint Thread"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 20:07
Regular
Since we don't have a regular OFP thread, well, here it is. If you have a comment, problem, or anything Flashpoint, just put it here.
Wed 04/09/02 at 13:32
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
In Flashpoint, if you do badly you get thrown out of the army, mid-game.

And you can pretty much tackle each mission as you see fit.
Having difficulties storming a depot? See that chopper you passed 10 mins ago? Go steal that and WHUMP.
Tue 03/09/02 at 16:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
sagey wrote:
> i think flashpoint should be played as a campiagn instead of
> missions.
> u should play as the players from flashpoint but stay with them thru
> da whole campaign. each campaig should be either air, tank, stealth,
> or infantry.
> you should get to decide where u want to attack on the island. And
> each action u take should have a concequence like u send in ur attack
> choppers into a russian fuel base destroy it and then if the russians
> decide to get some revenge on u they wont have enough fuel and wont
> send enough tanks in. da possibilities are endless
> sagey

Interesting Idea, but it sounds a bit too much like an RTS game than a tactical shooter that flashpoint is. I think it woulkd be better if you could get promoted depending on how successful you complete the missions.

For example, you could start the game as a Private, but as you progress through the game you have to complete the levels in a certain time, with a certain amount of kills which add to your skill. As your skill increases, you get prooted from private to copral and so on.

That way it gives you more incentive to complete the missions proffesionally and smoothly.
Mon 02/09/02 at 16:45
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
I like that way of thinking, and i think a game like that would be super, the best one out, but it's a long way off, game's won't beable to do that for a long time yet, we'll probably be dead long before that.

Games like GTA 3 would be great like this, choose which boss to kill, where to rob ect...
Mon 02/09/02 at 16:22
i think flashpoint should be played as a campiagn instead of missions.
u should play as the players from flashpoint but stay with them thru da whole campaign. each campaig should be either air, tank, stealth, or infantry.
you should get to decide where u want to attack on the island. And each action u take should have a concequence like u send in ur attack choppers into a russian fuel base destroy it and then if the russians decide to get some revenge on u they wont have enough fuel and wont send enough tanks in. da possibilities are endless
sagey
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:00
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Good point, and thank's for the comment.
Fri 30/08/02 at 11:41
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Flashpoint has been covered allot in the past, maybe why not many people have posted here yet. Anyway, what can I say except what an awesome achievement for codemasters. This game has set a benchmark that all other tactical and squad based shooters need to live up to if they are going to have any chance of beating Operation Flashpoint.

When I first played the game I got frustrated, it's hard due to it's realism and for the most part of the beginning of the game I kept getting killed. As I got more used to the games controls and environment, I began to realise that winning this game would take more than running blindly at the enemy and shooting in all directions. You have to work with your A.I. tea mates to get through missions alive, and plan tactics on how best to win certain levels.

It's these kinds of things, which really make the game stand out, and it's what makes the game fun to play. Well that and the missions. I tell you, I've never played missions as fun and as varied as in flashpoint, levels where you have to help rebel fighters escape with civilian hostages while being chased by Russians, Finding yourself behind enemy lines with no one to help you but your own map and compass and those cool commandos missions where you have to sneak into enemy bases and destroy tanks right under the enemy noses.

This game is one of my all times favourite right now, and probably will remain so for a long time to come. All I can say to codemasters is well done; you've made a game not for mere profit, but to entertain the gaming public for hours. If only all developers made games like Flashpoint.
Wed 28/08/02 at 20:19
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Come on, some one must want to say somethin'.
Tue 27/08/02 at 20:07
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Since we don't have a regular OFP thread, well, here it is. If you have a comment, problem, or anything Flashpoint, just put it here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.