GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soon to be new dreamcast owner"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 18:51
Regular
im a gamecube owner, and recently having been reading loads of magazines and reading forums ive realised what ive been missing and so im currently trying to buy a dreamcast off of ebay, so can anyone help me, with a few questions

1) is phantasy star any good?

2) whicha re the best games on the dreamcast

3) whats the deal with the internet facility is it still available in the uk and is it worth using?

many thanks
Tue 27/08/02 at 18:51
Regular
"innocent"
im a gamecube owner, and recently having been reading loads of magazines and reading forums ive realised what ive been missing and so im currently trying to buy a dreamcast off of ebay, so can anyone help me, with a few questions

1) is phantasy star any good?

2) whicha re the best games on the dreamcast

3) whats the deal with the internet facility is it still available in the uk and is it worth using?

many thanks
Tue 27/08/02 at 19:50
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Im also fairly new to the DC (best thing i ever did was to see the light and buy a DC) so cant really answer questions 1 & 3 but as far as the best/better DC games are concerned, well ive owned 20 so far and currently have 18 in my possesion and the best of these titles by a mile are...

MSR
Virtua Tennis 2k2
Shenmue 1
Sega Bass fishing
Soul Caliber
Daytona USA 2001
Resident Evil CV
Crazy Taxi 1
Jet set radio

If you get any of those above titles i can guarentee you will NOT be dissapointed, the only bad games ive owned so far (and got full immediate refunds on) were
Nightmare Creatures 2, F1 World Grand Prix (games reviews say its good but it played ever so jerky with poor graphics and diabolical controls IMHO)

If you want a Football game (soccer) you will be better off avoiding all DC Footy games and sticking with your GC on that score.

Hope some of this helps.
Tue 27/08/02 at 22:01
Regular
Get Phantasy Star Online when it comes out on the GameCube, you can bet it'll be tons better.
Wed 28/08/02 at 11:24
Regular
"innocent"
rabid, where did u get your dreamcast from and how much did you pay for it, i recently got Gamesmaster second hand games book, and it says that between £30 -£50 for the console is about average
Wed 28/08/02 at 12:59
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Boxcar i bought my DC (and most of my games) from Computer Exchange (cex). Heres a URL...

www.cex.co.uk

The DC itself cost me £35 (with a full 12 month guarentee) and the games varied from £1 (chu-chu rocket) upto £12 (Shenmue) but most games were on average around £5-£8 that i bought.

I did buy all my games in person at my local cex and im sure theres most likely one near you as they have many stores nationwide.

Good luck, and keep in touch...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.