GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Headlines"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 17:09
Regular
Recent game related press headline.

GRANDPA THEFT AUTO -

'Influence of games has taken a new turn' says the Daily Mail, which claims that the negative influence of games has found its new target... Old folks.
A 78 year old pensioner was arrested in the early hours of Saturday for vehicle theft. The police were informed by a caller who stated he was stopped and pulled out of his vehicle which was then driven off. He described the man of being 80 - 100 years of age, he expressed his disgust and amusment at the situation saying: " I will never underestimate the evilness of anyone anymore, I will especially be more cautious of the older folks because this isn't the only time they have caused me trouble." The police spotted the suspect 2 hours later, down the road from the incident. The suspect was arrested after a short chase as the suspect was traveling well below the speed limit of 25 mph. When asked for his name, he answered: "My names Berney, father to a father of a son, I shall make a getaway this life or the next... Probably next" Through questioning, it was discoverd he recently took up playing video games which got him hooked on a title named 'Grand Theft auto 3' which involves stealing cars, killing people etc. He also kept on refering to a person named Luigi (a Gangster charater in the game). "It is clear this game has influenced him to commit this crime" stated Officer Stevens. Though later its was also discovered that Luigi is very close friend of the Berney. When asked if released would he be likely to comit this crime again, he answered: "I already got arrested once, I don't think i would want to get arrested again just for kicks. Next time I won't get caught...
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 27/08/02 at 17:09
Regular
Recent game related press headline.

GRANDPA THEFT AUTO -

'Influence of games has taken a new turn' says the Daily Mail, which claims that the negative influence of games has found its new target... Old folks.
A 78 year old pensioner was arrested in the early hours of Saturday for vehicle theft. The police were informed by a caller who stated he was stopped and pulled out of his vehicle which was then driven off. He described the man of being 80 - 100 years of age, he expressed his disgust and amusment at the situation saying: " I will never underestimate the evilness of anyone anymore, I will especially be more cautious of the older folks because this isn't the only time they have caused me trouble." The police spotted the suspect 2 hours later, down the road from the incident. The suspect was arrested after a short chase as the suspect was traveling well below the speed limit of 25 mph. When asked for his name, he answered: "My names Berney, father to a father of a son, I shall make a getaway this life or the next... Probably next" Through questioning, it was discoverd he recently took up playing video games which got him hooked on a title named 'Grand Theft auto 3' which involves stealing cars, killing people etc. He also kept on refering to a person named Luigi (a Gangster charater in the game). "It is clear this game has influenced him to commit this crime" stated Officer Stevens. Though later its was also discovered that Luigi is very close friend of the Berney. When asked if released would he be likely to comit this crime again, he answered: "I already got arrested once, I don't think i would want to get arrested again just for kicks. Next time I won't get caught...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.