GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ban ME!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 15:49
Regular
ARGGGHHHH. I hate Windows ME. Every time I turn it on, I get some stupid run time error and it goes ARGGHHH.

I hate Microsoft. I hate Microsoft. I love Xbox.

Oh well. We should ban Windows ME. Don't ban me, it was only a witty pun in the title :D.
Wed 28/08/02 at 10:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
There are many problems with ME, but it is one of the best operating systems for drivers. 2000, NT and XP all have problems with unnoficial or unapproved hardware drivers, but ME does not have this problem.

The reason that Disk Defrag keeps restarting is because there are programs running in the background (often trojans/spyware) that haven't been shut down.
Also, the most stable version of windows to date, 2000, is hardly compatible with any new software. Because XP is built around the 2000 framework, there are also some issues with installing some software from the mid to late 90s.

I have ME, and find it quite acceptable.
Wed 28/08/02 at 05:07
"Stupid Newbie :D"
Millenium Edition????

*Shudders*

People still use that junk?
Upgrade, downgrade, doesn't matter which just pick one and quickly. Nasty, nasty, evil little nimrod of an operating system is WinME.
Tue 27/08/02 at 23:56
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
if you dont want to get mac you could still get windows professional

it runs like a charm and never fails on you but it costs extra of course

P.S. mac sucks. no offence mac fans please
Tue 27/08/02 at 23:35
Regular
"Selected"
Mandatare wrote:
> SPOOL32 has caused an error in ....

I get this one, have to restart the comp if it happens because nothing works.
>
> Other errors include the disk defragmenter keep restarting
> Age of empires keeps closing itself

Age Of Empires eh?

Play online?
Tue 27/08/02 at 23:26
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
§Kerrang!§ wrote:
> I have the smae problem bud, by any chance do you get one of the
> following errors?:
>
> DW has caused an ERROR in ...

Yep, everytime i start it up. i blame kazaa

> SPOOL32 has caused an error in ....
never had this

Other errors include the disk defragmenter keep restarting
Age of empires keeps closing itself and if it lets it stay open, when i close it the explorer messes up and i have to shut down by Ctrl + Alt and delete.
Tue 27/08/02 at 18:34
Regular
"innocent"
ive got Me and it sumtimes freezes and even ctrl alt del wont work so i have to turn it off at the mains which doesnt do the comp any good. but i to love the x box, unless i sell it, which im hoping i dont have to, if they announce sum great games coming out i wont.
Tue 27/08/02 at 17:39
It's much cheaper, and less hassle.

Have you used OS X on the Mac, by the way? An unforgettable experience, for the wrong reasons.
Tue 27/08/02 at 16:26
Regular
"¬_¬"
DeltaJava wrote:
> Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
> Get a Mac. - I would
>
> Get XP. - LOL!
Tue 27/08/02 at 16:12
Regular
"That's right!"
I use ME, and explorer crashes a LOT

PC freezes up every so often too

And if you press delete then enter quickly (to confirm the delete) it trys to OPEN the bloomin' file, instead of comfirming the delete like in other versions of Windows. You have to wait a second before you can confirm. Truly, this is the most annoying thing EVER, especially when you try to delete over 100 files, and it tries to open the 100 files. Piece of poop
Tue 27/08/02 at 16:03
Regular
§Kerrang!§ wrote:
DW has caused an ERROR in ...

Sorry...

;-) I've had this error pnce before...but I rebooted PC and it worked.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.