GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst Cover Ever"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/08 at 08:19
Regular
"I like turtles"
For the past few years I have always regarded Westlife's appalling version (of the already terrible) 'Seasons In The Sun' as being the worst cover ever.But according to Total Guitar's recent poll they appear to have lost their crown : For those about to suck we despise you!
Thu 11/09/08 at 12:57
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I ended up enduring Fightstar at Reading '06. They were the single biggest pile of crap I ever saw, fronted by some 12 year-old camp semi-chav poser who was trying to be James Hetfield. Only the drummer seemed to have the remotest idea about what he was doing.

And Cradle of Filth have done a dreadful cover of Venom's Black Metal as well.
Wed 20/08/08 at 18:03
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah,I like the Dream Theater track too.I thought Metallica's version of Remember Tomorrow was great and Machine Head did a much better job on Hallowed Be Thy Name than they managed on last years Master Of Puppets tribute.Never expected it to anywhere near as good as the original but it's certainly a lot better than when Cradle Of Filth murdered it a couple of years back.Other than that the tracks ranged from totally forgettable to truly dreadful IMO with Run To The Hills and Wasted Years being amongst the worst covers I reckon I've ever heard.I am ashamed to say I have seen both A7X and Fightstar live and thought they were both crap.Actually felt a bit sorry for the guy who used to be in Busted,he was just trying so hard to be 'metal' !.Stuck 3 songs then heard the rest of the set from the bar.
Wed 20/08/08 at 17:26
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Does Kerrang have no shame?

I've listened to a few of those now and most of them seem to be just replicas of the original but with worse, and unfitting vocals. Fightstar's singer doing Fear of the Dark is particularly bad, and the chorus in Ax7 - Flash Of the Blade is embarrassing.

The Dream Theater one is very good though.
Wed 20/08/08 at 07:58
Regular
"I like turtles"
After listening to the Kerrang Maiden tribute CD I reckon we have another contender.This is dreadful
Tue 08/07/08 at 07:23
Regular
"I like turtles"
Have a look at this! (Can't insert direct link,too many characters):

(I'll do it for you Luetchyboy)
Mon 07/07/08 at 22:33
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Luetchyboy wrote:
> Girls Aloud, Sugababes - Walk this way. They should've been
> walked this way, lined up then shot.

With Aerosmith's original being played at suitably high volume in the background. Because everyone knows it's also superior to the version with rappers and without a proper rythym section.

And I remember seeing some crappy group, I think it was Busted, covering The Boys are Back in Town on TV. That wasn't too good either...
Mon 07/07/08 at 21:59
Regular
"8==="
View to a Kill by Lost Prophets.

I like all their other stuff but this was AWFUL.
Tue 24/06/08 at 14:27
Regular
Girls Aloud, Sugababes - Walk this way. They should've been walked this way, lined up then shot.
Tue 24/06/08 at 14:15
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
McFly's version of "Don't Stop Me Now" always made me die a little inside...
Tue 24/06/08 at 14:09
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Madonna's cover of American Pie gets my vote

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.