GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Samus Aran's Fashion Dilemma..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 06:23
Regular
“That’s it. I’ve had enough. I’m outta here!”

Those were the last words of Samus Aran before her disappearance. The only contact with the bounty hunter since then has been an e-mail sent from Tourian. However, a thorough search did not find her there. It is believed she is heading back to her first conquest, the planet Zebes. For the moment, though, even the Chozo race is clueless as to her whereabouts. Their mysterious connection to her power suit seems to have ceased.

Samus’ location may not be known, but the reason for her break from work is. It seems that the sole survivor of K-2L has taken a keen interest in fashion. Such is her enthusiasm, in fact, that many think her to be obsessed with it. Samus has refused to return to her Metroid-exterminating ways until the Chozo race fabricate a more aesthetic design of her power suit. This strike action could prove fateful as Kraid and Ridley would be free to attack wherever they please. Metroid would once again roam Zebes.

In her list of demands, Samus said, “Instead of that hideous orange, I want black... with sequins. On top of that, I want more than one colour of suit. People think I only have the one suit and are shouting abuse at me. I want purple, too. That will match the new computer console I’m getting.”

To top it off, it seems that Samus has made an attack against anything orange. She refuses to eat the fruit, disagrees with all Shaolin monks and is even asking for a new communications contract. She believes the past is orange, not the future. Included in her newfound fascination of the colours black and purple, Miss Aran has demanded a batch of plums, a batch of red grapes, a batch of blackcurrants and a batch of marmite. Some think she has gone mad but, for the time being, the Chozo race seems to be meeting her demands, even though they have no clue where she is.

Will Samus Aran ever return to bounty hunting? Will the Metroid be allowed to attack without opposition? Do the Chozo even know what sequins are? Time will, or perhaps will not, tell.

-SHaDoW-DRaGoN-
Wed 28/08/02 at 15:56
Whitestripes wrote:
> No, it says: "When the Chozo race could advance no futher they
> chose to step back and watch the other races." All those Chozo
> statues you see that give you power ups are real Chozo, which is why
> some come alive and attack you.
-----
To further this, in Super Smash Bros. Melee, you can see a Chozo walking around on the Brinstar level (Planet Zebes). This one doesn't attack you, though...
Wed 28/08/02 at 15:52
Regular
No, it says: "When the Chozo race could advance no futher they chose to step back and watch the other races." All those Chozo statues you see that give you power ups are real Chozo, which is why some come alive and attack you.
Wed 28/08/02 at 15:37
This just in:

Samus Aran has been spotted in a Claire's Accessories branch in Norfolk. Shortly after, she was seen heading towards Topshop...

We'll bring you more as it develops.
Tue 27/08/02 at 17:03
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
ShadowDragon wrote:
I think she'd prefer to have some sort of change of clothes
> instead...

Heh Heh!

:D
Tue 27/08/02 at 17:01
Microchips wrote:
> Heh- Nice one SD! She actually changes the colour of her suit in
> Metroid Fusion (GBA) as she fuses (hence the name) with some sort of
> Alien to keep her from being killed by an evil poison.
-----
Ah, but when she fuses, she gets stains on her suit which she needs to wash off. I think she'd prefer to have some sort of change of clothes instead...
Tue 27/08/02 at 16:58
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Heh- Nice one SD! She actually changes the colour of her suit in Metroid Fusion (GBA) as she fuses (hence the name) with some sort of Alien to keep her from being killed by an evil poison.

Just went a spoiled that for you lot anyway!

:D

Once again, very funny SD!

:)
Tue 27/08/02 at 16:35
I think Samus wanted some sort of bikini, too. As for the Chozo race being extinct, that's what they wanted you to think! They are secretly living on Zebes and in other places, too, such as Nantucket and Cornwall.
Tue 27/08/02 at 15:57
I thought the Chozo race became extinct?
Tue 27/08/02 at 15:53
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
LOL! Very funny stuff there SD!

Wouldn't she be better off in pink and green? It'd suit her and there's nothing for her to get annoyed at except from pink and green spotted monsters. Hurrah!

:-)
Tue 27/08/02 at 15:07
Actually, I think she said something about a pastel green. Not sure on the spikes, though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.