GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top Secret - Keep out!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/06/08 at 13:09
Regular
Curiousity got the better of you huh?

It's Monday so lets start the week with another fun time Machie question.

I love advertising, but my website won't generate enough to make a living, so I want to offer additional content at a small price.

So what I want is to password protect a directory with a nice login page, that's all. No need to have them all with seperate login accounts or anything like that. How easy is this to setup? What should I be typing into Google to find what I want? My best option is php right?

Thanks for any help you can offer me guys :)
Sun 29/06/08 at 22:50
Regular
"one more question"
I don't know what the chuff these guys are talking about, can anyone explain in laymans terms? I need to build a password protected page for my site & have googled .htaccess & tried a couple of the scripts available, the first one gave me the required "enter a valid username & password" but when I did this I ended up with an error page rather than leading to the required index page in the directory. Then I tried another very similar script which just gave an error message. Can anyone just paste a valid .htaccess script up on here for me to copy/paste and indicate where to add my relevant directory etc please?
Tue 24/06/08 at 08:10
Regular
now now no need for insults

Digi
Tue 24/06/08 at 01:46
Regular
If that's the case I admire his determination. He's putting in a lot more effort writing these reviews than people like Black8704, who keeps winning your GADs Garin. That's right, if you want any chance of winning some money, you should quit your technical wizardry and switch to plagiarism instead.
Tue 24/06/08 at 01:28
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
magicMA37 is a fraud. A well known hacker that goes around rating poor scripts so people will use them.
Tue 24/06/08 at 01:21
Regular
Garin wrote:
> Interesting...
>
> You wont trust the security of apache which is probably the most
> secure web server out there. But you will trust a random script
> from some stranger with no credibility at all. :)

Yep :) unless you can find another way to use .htaccess and have a login page without using javascript, then I'd love to use it.

The free script isn't too bad, magicMA37 gave it 4.5 stars.
Tue 24/06/08 at 01:10
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Interesting...

You wont trust the security of apache which is probably the most secure web server out there. But you will trust a random script from some stranger with no credibility at all. :)
Tue 24/06/08 at 00:31
Regular
Thank you Garin :), but I've been using htaccess for awhile and unfortunately it's not secure enough for my needs. PHP seems to be my best option, but I'm experiencing a few problems with some scripts I found.

If only I took that PHP course instead of Advanced Mandarin and Russian Literature, then I would be finished by now. :(
Mon 23/06/08 at 23:49
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Google for "htaccess password protection"
Mon 23/06/08 at 13:09
Regular
Curiousity got the better of you huh?

It's Monday so lets start the week with another fun time Machie question.

I love advertising, but my website won't generate enough to make a living, so I want to offer additional content at a small price.

So what I want is to password protect a directory with a nice login page, that's all. No need to have them all with seperate login accounts or anything like that. How easy is this to setup? What should I be typing into Google to find what I want? My best option is php right?

Thanks for any help you can offer me guys :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.