GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 3-early arrival !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/08/02 at 11:44
Regular
Kunitake Ando, the president and CEO of Sony, has said that Xbox could compel the company to launch PlayStation 3 earlier than intended. "The biggest threat to the PlayStation 2 is that the Xbox changes the industry's life cycle," said Ando. He added that the life cycle of PS2 could be as little as three years.

However, a recent report forecasts that a staggering 34 million PS2s will have been sold in North America by 2004, while Xbox will have shifted 20 million units and Gamecube 18 million.

Development of PlayStation 3 has already begun and Sony have partnered with Toshiba and IBM to develop the technology for the next next-gen console. Production of the PS3 chip is scheduled to begin in 2004. It is reported have a greater focus on delivering communication and broadband services.

It could be the greatest ever console!

It sounds pretty close.

It will have better graphics than all the consoles and more features maybe a built in memory card or some thing but its going to be complety new and so much better!

VOTE!

What would you like on the new playstation 3?

What games would you like on the playstation 3?

Please can you vote i would like to no what you think!

THANKYOU!
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:13
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> It's a n00bathon.
> But seriously, Why do you care about the PS3, enjoy your PS2, and stop
> thinking about the next next generation. Either that, or buy a
> Dreamcast.

Im not too worryed about it but the thing is sony and microsoft are already talking about them meaning that nintendo, if what they said about doing a "sega", will be thinking about the next console and not paying attention to the games meaning poor games.

My family, i mean cousins and uncles not just me and my parents, have spent ££££`s going in to the next gen era and already they start speaking about the next one.
Wed 28/08/02 at 12:06
Regular
Dave RJR wrote:

> Just because MS wont get the components from the previous suppliers,
> there's nothing to stop them getting the new ones from another
> company. IBM?

I find that one hard to believe considering IBM are one of the 3 companies developing the Cell chip which will be the PS3's main processor.
Wed 28/08/02 at 11:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's a n00bathon.
But seriously, Why do you care about the PS3, enjoy your PS2, and stop thinking about the next next generation. Either that, or buy a Dreamcast.
Wed 28/08/02 at 11:15
Regular
Techno freak wrote:
This means that MS could indeed have to make the Xbox2 off its own back that would hamper any chance of a quick release date.

Just because MS wont get the components from the previous suppliers, there's nothing to stop them getting the new ones from another company. IBM?
Wed 28/08/02 at 11:09
Regular
Sony won't rush the development of PS3 because it has no reason too the Xbox2 won't be out until the next world-cup and that was stated by MS itself. The problem for MS is that it has upset the graphics chip manufacturer and Intel with late payments and pushing for cheaper components because of the lower price it has had to sell the Xbox at. This means that MS could indeed have to make the Xbox2 off its own back that would hamper any chance of a quick release date.

This is why Sony will not launch there next gen till 2005, to make sure they have all the components like the cell chip being mass produced so they don't have the same shortage problems as before.
Wed 28/08/02 at 10:57
Regular
Hope PS3 has Sonys new BlueLaser DVD tech. A BlueLaser DVD can hold even more data than a normal dvd (over 30Gb i think). But it should still be able to read the existing DVD movies, and possibly PS2 games. As for DVD recordability, I don't think Sony are going to give you that feature on a games machine. However, I should imagine PS3 will have a hard disc built in as standard. I bet they change the control design as well, and put it on USB 2 - rather than the traditional control ports currently used.
Tue 27/08/02 at 17:51
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
thank god for mass banning! I never thought I'd say that :D (he is banned right...?)
Tue 27/08/02 at 16:48
I'm glad frederico is in hell now.
Mon 26/08/02 at 20:19
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Actually the PS3 is joining with IBM and Toshiba to begin the development of an advanced semiconductor manufacturing technology.The Cells are ultra small silicon tidbits containing tiny processors that are meshed with memory and communications circuitry. This will replace the current central processor based computer design. IBM speculate that the cell chips will generate computing power equivalent to squeezing 36 desktop machines onto a 10 pence sized piece of silicon. Each cell will contain the equivalent of a 1GHz processor and the cell chips will have 500 MB to 1 GB of memory for allocation among cells according to need. They're planning to spend $400 million to develop a method to etch schematics that are as small as 0.05 micron on to a silicon wafer...

If federico could be bothered reading any decent gaming magazine or looked on the net he would know this (DAMN FEDERICO lol ;D)
Mon 26/08/02 at 15:46
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
federico wrote:
> Kunitake Ando, the president and CEO of Sony, has said that Xbox could
> compel the company to launch PlayStation 3 earlier than intended.
> "The biggest threat to the PlayStation 2 is that the Xbox changes
> the industry's life cycle," said Ando. He added that the life
> cycle of PS2 could be as little as three years.
>
> However, a recent report forecasts that a staggering 34 million PS2s
> will have been sold in North America by 2004, while Xbox will have
> shifted 20 million units and Gamecube 18 million.
>
> Development of PlayStation 3 has already begun and Sony have partnered
> with Toshiba and IBM to develop the technology for the next next-gen
> console. Production of the PS3 chip is scheduled to begin in 2004. It
> is reported have a greater focus on delivering communication and
> broadband services.
>
> It could be the greatest ever console!
>
> It sounds pretty close.
>
> It will have better graphics than all the consoles and more features
> maybe a built in memory card or some thing but its going to be
> complety new and so much better!
>
> VOTE!
>
> What would you like on the new playstation 3?
>
> What games would you like on the playstation 3?
>
> Please can you vote i would like to no what you think!
>
> THANKYOU!
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep wreong answer Sony have already started making the chip Las VEgas.

Stupid spamming idiot

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.