GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Amir Khan Vs Michael Gomez"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/06/08 at 17:24
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Well, I'm not normally one for boxing, but I do tend to watch it at the Olympics and also big named fights. I happened to catch this fight last night between Amir Khan and Michael Gomez.

This was Amir Khan's 18th Pro Fight, and he certainly had to work hard for the win, he sounded almost rather cocky before hand quoting, "To be honest I think I'm above this domestic level but each fight is bringing something different."
Michael Gomez is getting on, and I think maybe close to retiring, but he's certainly a veteran fighter. Khan is much younger and quicker, but Gomez is that much more experienced, so it was a good match up.

Round 1 was easily won by Khan, he dominated the ring, throwing a 6 punch combo, and even getting a knockdown, by clapping Gomez in the side of his head.

Round 2 was Gomez's best round, he sent Khan to the floor with a great left hand shot. Gomez then suffers a cut above his left eye from Khan who comes back from his shakey start to then dominate the round again.

Round 3 was again won by Khan, getting in punch after punch, while Gomez could only stand and take the pain.

Round 4 Gomez gets a cracking shot in on Khan's body which appears to have done some damage from the replay. Gomez tried then to attack Khan's midriff further, hoping for some added weakness to Kahn's defences, but even with the obvious injury, Khan carries on throwing combo after combo, making Gomez stagger back into the ropes.

Round 5 was the end of the bout. Khan landed a cracking shot to Gomez's body as payback for the previous round, sending Gomez onto one knee. I think the count got up to 8 when Gomez finally got up and tried to retaliate, unfortunately, this was futile, and after another barrage of punches to the head, Gomez was bleeding and broken, at which point the Ref came in and stopped the fight, much to the dismay of Gomez.

After the fight, Gomez admitted that Khan was a, "world class fighter, with world class vulnerabilities but his hand speed beat me." Also claiming that he didn't feel he performed that well. To be fair, I think he did very well, and certainly showed Khan what to expect later in life, as not all wins will be quick and easy.

All in all, I thought it was a great fight, and will look forward to see what else is lined up for Amir Khan in the future.
Thu 15/01/09 at 17:42
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Smedders wrote:
> Khan needs to make sure he doesn't go the same way as Naseem
> Hamed which is where he seems to be heading at the minute

Its great that you made that comparison. Remember the guy who totally outclassed Nas? His name was Marco Antonio Barrera. Guess who Khan is facing next? :D
This will be the end of the cocky little git. Barrera might be a couple of years past his best but he'll still have way too much for Amir "No defence, glasschin" Khan
Thu 25/09/08 at 12:19
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Khan needs to make sure he doesn't go the same way as Naseem Hamed which is where he seems to be heading at the minute - it's good being cocky like Ali but Ali was the best and when you get knocked out less than a minute into a fight just a few miles from your hometown you need to get your ego into check
Sun 07/09/08 at 03:04
Regular
"Monochromatic"
About time someone exposed him. Maybe now he'll learn how to defend, although with that chin i dont think it'll do him any good.
Mon 23/06/08 at 10:45
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
It may be worth him doing then, especially if he thinks he's all that. Will show him not to rush into the big fights without working up to it properly. He's definitely got a future, but he's still 21, got so much time ahead of him yet.
Sun 22/06/08 at 18:36
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I thought it was a great fight. Gomez is clearly hard as nails and a bit mad. I've never seen anyone stand up to that much of a beating.
Khan is overrated. I read something about him wanting to fight Manny Paquaio sometime soon. He's having a laugh, Paquaio would kill him.
Sun 22/06/08 at 17:24
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Well, I'm not normally one for boxing, but I do tend to watch it at the Olympics and also big named fights. I happened to catch this fight last night between Amir Khan and Michael Gomez.

This was Amir Khan's 18th Pro Fight, and he certainly had to work hard for the win, he sounded almost rather cocky before hand quoting, "To be honest I think I'm above this domestic level but each fight is bringing something different."
Michael Gomez is getting on, and I think maybe close to retiring, but he's certainly a veteran fighter. Khan is much younger and quicker, but Gomez is that much more experienced, so it was a good match up.

Round 1 was easily won by Khan, he dominated the ring, throwing a 6 punch combo, and even getting a knockdown, by clapping Gomez in the side of his head.

Round 2 was Gomez's best round, he sent Khan to the floor with a great left hand shot. Gomez then suffers a cut above his left eye from Khan who comes back from his shakey start to then dominate the round again.

Round 3 was again won by Khan, getting in punch after punch, while Gomez could only stand and take the pain.

Round 4 Gomez gets a cracking shot in on Khan's body which appears to have done some damage from the replay. Gomez tried then to attack Khan's midriff further, hoping for some added weakness to Kahn's defences, but even with the obvious injury, Khan carries on throwing combo after combo, making Gomez stagger back into the ropes.

Round 5 was the end of the bout. Khan landed a cracking shot to Gomez's body as payback for the previous round, sending Gomez onto one knee. I think the count got up to 8 when Gomez finally got up and tried to retaliate, unfortunately, this was futile, and after another barrage of punches to the head, Gomez was bleeding and broken, at which point the Ref came in and stopped the fight, much to the dismay of Gomez.

After the fight, Gomez admitted that Khan was a, "world class fighter, with world class vulnerabilities but his hand speed beat me." Also claiming that he didn't feel he performed that well. To be fair, I think he did very well, and certainly showed Khan what to expect later in life, as not all wins will be quick and easy.

All in all, I thought it was a great fight, and will look forward to see what else is lined up for Amir Khan in the future.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.