GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Think..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/08/02 at 21:56
Regular
Think about the following, I mean it, go ahead, get really deep into it.

1) We know that the earth rotates in its own orbit.
Imagine...what would happen...if... the earth stopped rotating? Think...

2) Is what we see... the actual reality?..... Is what we see and feel.... the actuall way it is?..... Do our eyes and senses show us the full or any reality at all? Think...

3) There is more hate in the world than friendliness, Imagine how the world would be with the opposite?....Think...

4) We are living breathing beings, right?.... Formed after the 'Big Bang', right?..... We're imperfect, right?..... How and why was the 'Big Bang' created?.... chemical reaction? Maybe but how was that created?.... Scientist theories are against a 'supreme power' behind the creation of 'all things' (Big Bang) stating its not 'Logical thinking'......... But is human Logic the PERFECT Logic?........the REAL logic........the ONLY logic? We are not ourselves perfect after all.... Think.....

By TK
Tue 27/08/02 at 18:48
Regular
Think..

If you were travelling through outer space, like real fast, say the speed of light (shut up you geeks I know we can't travel that fast yet), and suddenly you started screaming, do you think your brain would blow up?

REALLY think...... ;)
Sun 25/08/02 at 18:20
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
>2Dashing wrote:
> Imagine...what would happen...if... the earth stopped rotating?
> Think...

Well, we'd have no gravity for a start, the weather systems would go to hell, tides......wouldn't be much fun !

> 2) Is what we see... the actual reality?..... Is what we see and
> feel.... the actuall way it is?..... Do our eyes and senses show us
> the full or any reality at all? Think...

Doesn't really matter. This reality, whatever it is or could be, is all we have. What our eyes see and what we sense is real to us and that is all that matters. As long as we believe in it then it is reality.

> 3) There is more hate in the world than friendliness, Imagine how the
> world would be with the opposite?....Think...

Tricky one this, really because it's not a likely scenario. I think the less hatred there was in the world would mean that the hatred that did exist would be greater in it's intensity. A roundabout example is what happened as WW2 ended. As the allies closed in on Germany the resistance by the surviving German units became greater as the Allies closed in on Berlin. In the closing days Berlin was defended by German soldiers whose hatred had grown so great that they continued to fight an unwinnable war. It'd probably be a worse world.

> 4) We are living breathing beings, right?.... Formed after the 'Big
> Bang', right?..... We're imperfect, right?..... How and why was the
> 'Big Bang' created?.... chemical reaction? Maybe but how was that
> created?.... Scientist theories are against a 'supreme power' behind
> the creation of 'all things' (Big Bang) stating its not 'Logical
> thinking'......... But is human Logic the PERFECT Logic?........the
> REAL logic........the ONLY logic? We are not ourselves perfect after
> all.... Think.....

Well, I'm not going to go into the Big Bang stuff as that can get really mindblowing if you follow it along, but logic ? Human logic isn't perfect because most people let their actions be determined by emotions rather than logic, as they should - it makes us more than just uncaring robots. Think of it like this; logically, the best way to stop a potentially dangerous nation form amassing weapons of mass destruction is to annhilate that country into dust. Emotion tells us that isn't right, innocnet people would die and it's not necessary, other ways can be tried that won't definitely work but could. The only other problem with human logic is that we get into set ways of thinking and that can limit us in what we do and how we progress.

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 25/08/02 at 16:38
I think the theary about what we seeor feel is actually real may never be solved.

Its movies like The Sixth Scence,6th Day and the The Matrix and make you wonder about this kind of thing
Sun 25/08/02 at 14:35
Regular
Very true Nomad Soul,

Humans are limited in every sense, then why should we believe our logic is perfect? We are of course the most intelligent beings on earth but that doesn't mean we have PERFECT logic. We can only make sense of the materialistic world around us but nothing more. We can only comprehend to 'what is,' not 'why' or 'how.' Is this perfect logic? Then why do we blindly rule out other possibilities such as being created by an All Knowing Supreme Power?
Sun 25/08/02 at 09:26
If the earth stopped rotating, then the Earth would probably either be day or not forever, depending on where in the Earth you are situated etc. It could cause death for many if some were plunged into eternal darkness (no food growing) and they would flee to the countries which have sunlight, where there would be a population explosion, causing chaos worldwide. Imagine is all the wealthy countries were plunged into darkness, they'd have to flee to the poorer countries and there would be mayhem, as the poor people are already treated inhumanely, this wouldn't help their cause.

Do we see and feel actual reality? Trick one, that. I think this is simply explainable as seeing is believing and that is all. What you see and feel is what's real and although different people can percieve things differently by seeing them from a different angle and feeling them in different places (if you...catch my drift :P), but that's a matter of opinion more than a change of state.

If there was more love in the world than hate, most of us would get along harmoniously, there would be less war and arguments etc.

I believe the Big Bang was a random event that just seemed to happen, totally unplanned by any force or God, who were not behind it, in my view. It is possible from my opinion that animals are the perfect species and that if human could decipher their brain waves, they could give us an entirely new outlook on life and how we percieve it. Then again, they could just be dumb animals, we really just don't know, but hopefully, in the years to come, there will be a breakthrough. Until then, we have the perfect logic, as aliens have not been scientifically proven to exist yet.
Sun 25/08/02 at 09:03
Regular
I think if we are brutally honest with ourselves, we surely have to admit that a lot of what we "think" we know about "the true nature of our existence" could in fact be wrong and distorted. Our levels of comprehension must be to some extent "limited".
Sat 24/08/02 at 21:56
Regular
Think about the following, I mean it, go ahead, get really deep into it.

1) We know that the earth rotates in its own orbit.
Imagine...what would happen...if... the earth stopped rotating? Think...

2) Is what we see... the actual reality?..... Is what we see and feel.... the actuall way it is?..... Do our eyes and senses show us the full or any reality at all? Think...

3) There is more hate in the world than friendliness, Imagine how the world would be with the opposite?....Think...

4) We are living breathing beings, right?.... Formed after the 'Big Bang', right?..... We're imperfect, right?..... How and why was the 'Big Bang' created?.... chemical reaction? Maybe but how was that created?.... Scientist theories are against a 'supreme power' behind the creation of 'all things' (Big Bang) stating its not 'Logical thinking'......... But is human Logic the PERFECT Logic?........the REAL logic........the ONLY logic? We are not ourselves perfect after all.... Think.....

By TK

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.