GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Mistake................................Why Me!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/11/00 at 22:35
Regular
A mistake has been made with my pre-order. A mistake between the retailer, Sony, and the distribution company. This will unfortunately mean..............that i will NOT be getting my PS2 at launch. I will have to wait until the Monday before it will arrive in the shop. This is devastating news for me, but it does have a SLIGHT silver lining. The retailer is giving me an extra DS2 controller and a memory card to make up for this mistake, a small consolation, but at least it is just one more weekend without a PS2.

To be honest, i'm gutted, so i'm off to lick my wounds.

Cyas all later.

Kieran.
Wed 22/11/00 at 01:03
Thanks for all the support guys, and at the end of the day, i am still getting one on monday. Remember, Some poor souls are not getting one until next year, so who am i to complain. Have a really good weekend you jammy ******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. If anyone can tear themselves away on Fri/Sat evening, let us know how the UK Tekken Tag plays.
Tue 21/11/00 at 19:24
Regular
Sorry to hear that Kieran, for what it is worth if anyone deserved his PS2 on launch date you did.

Thanks for all the information and help you have given this forum and i am all sure we will think of you between gaps of WOOOW !!! on Friday.
Tue 21/11/00 at 18:18
I ordered my PLAYSTATION 2 through my mothers catologue company in early november, and as of yet i have not received a confirmation letter. BUT I DID PHONE SONY AND THEY SAID ALL DETAILS WOULD BE ISSUED ON THE LAUNCH DATE, SO I SHOULD RECEIVE MINE THE FOLLOWING FRIDAY. (BIT OF A BITC*) BUT SOME PEOPLE WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL FEB, HA HA HA
Tue 21/11/00 at 17:01
Regular
"Whatever!"
Sorry to hear that man!! That is unfortunate news. I probably wont get my PS2 this week either as it is done through mail order, but I keep saying just a few more days left to wait, I know it seems like forever but time will eventually pass. Least you got £45 worth of extras, thats pretty good of them and the least they could do!!!
Tue 21/11/00 at 16:35
Kieran,

Sorry to hear the bad news. Just think of all the free stuff you are getting and try to spend the weekend productively. I personally would go nad watch a load of movies.
Tue 21/11/00 at 16:13
Regular
I suppose that is a bit of bad luck. But it isn't that long, and you get about £50 worth of free stuff for waiting...

If I were you, I would hibernate over the weekend. But then if I were you I wouldn't be buying a PS2 and I would be...

Never mind.
Tue 21/11/00 at 09:22
Boy, that's bad luck. This weekend surround yourself with luxuries (like chocolate, curry, beer etc) and try to dull the agony!
Tue 21/11/00 at 01:48
Seeing as I am doing everything by Mail Order, it takes a whole extra week after the launch date (maximum( to arrive, so I would not mind getting a few extras to make up for just a few extra days! Just think about it, 3 more days and you get £47.48 for free!
Tue 21/11/00 at 00:51
Kieran,

I'm gutted for you, mate - I really am. Just try to keep in mind that it's only a couple more days.

And don't come to these forums over the weekend, unless you're a glutton for punishment.
Mon 20/11/00 at 22:35
A mistake has been made with my pre-order. A mistake between the retailer, Sony, and the distribution company. This will unfortunately mean..............that i will NOT be getting my PS2 at launch. I will have to wait until the Monday before it will arrive in the shop. This is devastating news for me, but it does have a SLIGHT silver lining. The retailer is giving me an extra DS2 controller and a memory card to make up for this mistake, a small consolation, but at least it is just one more weekend without a PS2.

To be honest, i'm gutted, so i'm off to lick my wounds.

Cyas all later.

Kieran.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.