GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Star Wars Games"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/08/02 at 09:57
Regular
Well we already have Rogue Leader, and the other SW games coming to the Gamecube look great too.

Clone Wars is a vehicular combat game that looks fun, but I haven't seen too much about it.

The there's the Jedi Knight game, a port of the game that appeared on the PC and received great reviews.

But in my opinion Bounty Hunter will be better that these two. The screen shots look amazing, and the range of weapons will certainly make it exciting.

I'll certainly try to get at least one of them, depending upon reviews, but which are you most looking forward to?
Sat 24/08/02 at 21:58
Regular
I rent my game from Blockbuster, it's free to join. Older games are £2.75 for 5 nights, newer games ar £3.75 for 2 nights.
Sat 24/08/02 at 21:47
Regular
Joe Dark wrote:
> I'm not a Star Wars guy so I ignored Rouge Leader when the GC came out
> but I rented it and I think it's ace, I havent being paying much
> attention to the Star Wars games that are in development at the moment
> but if they get good reviews I'll rent them but only buy them if they
> are good as I never have any money to buy games.

Where do you rent your games from? I live in Scotland and the only local place that I know rent games is Global Video, which only has PS2 & PS1 games. Years ago our family would regularly rent SNES and Megadrive games from the same place and I miss that.
Sat 24/08/02 at 20:58
Regular
I'm not a Star Wars guy so I ignored Rouge Leader when the GC came out but I rented it and I think it's ace, I havent being paying much attention to the Star Wars games that are in development at the moment but if they get good reviews I'll rent them but only buy them if they are good as I never have any money to buy games.
Sat 24/08/02 at 20:41
Regular
Jedi Knight looks good but I'll be getting 2 FPS games this September and probably don't need another.

Clone Wars - Rogue Leader only with larger scale battles and a four player mode? The later point seel it to me! :-)

As for Bounty Hunter, it's a "might get".
Depends on reviews and how much I want a new game come November.
Sat 24/08/02 at 20:21
Regular
"Whatever!"
KIREBA wrote:
> Are there any plans for a follow up to Rogue Leader?

I did read a while back that a sequel is likely but I dont know how true this is
Sat 24/08/02 at 19:59
Regular
Are there any plans for a follow up to Rogue Leader?
Sat 24/08/02 at 18:22
Regular
Mattyboy wrote:
> Im looking forward to all the Star Wars gams, especially Jedi Knight
> II: Jedi Outcast - The previous Jedi Knight is one of my favourite
> ever games so I expect big things from this one!

You'll be dissapointed. It is a good game (got it on PC) but there are too many gay bits. Stupid 'puzzles' as Albert already mentioned and genereal pointless crap bits like when the gravity shuts off on a ship your on and you have to float through the level, it sucks.

I wouldn't advise getting Clone Wars either, I'm gonna stick with Rogue Leder and Bounty Hunter.
Sat 24/08/02 at 17:10
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im looking forward to all the Star Wars gams, especially Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - The previous Jedi Knight is one of my favourite ever games so I expect big things from this one!
Sat 24/08/02 at 17:06
Regular
Hmm.. Bounty Hunter I'd say if I had to pick one but none of them really grab my attention as I have to be careful with my cash.
Sat 24/08/02 at 14:36
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I didn't like Rogue Leader and swapped it for Tony Hawk's 3 with Cooky, best swap i ever made!

Jedi Knight 2 and Bounty Hunter do look good though!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.