GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is toca race driver any good"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/08/02 at 21:42
Regular
please somebody tell me that toca race driver is everything we have hoped it would be
ive been waiting for this game since it was first anounced
but after playing the demo i was left feeling bitterly dissapointed.
the handling was far too arcadey, and the grafix were not a patch on gt3
please somebody tell me that it has improved alot since the demo
otherwise what a waste of a game.
Fri 23/08/02 at 21:42
please somebody tell me that toca race driver is everything we have hoped it would be
ive been waiting for this game since it was first anounced
but after playing the demo i was left feeling bitterly dissapointed.
the handling was far too arcadey, and the grafix were not a patch on gt3
please somebody tell me that it has improved alot since the demo
otherwise what a waste of a game.
Fri 23/08/02 at 23:40
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Sorry, but it is a big disappointment. No way it could live up the hype. To be honest I think the main problem is the graphics, as they are absolutely atrocious. I managed to get the handling a little bit more to my liking, but you can get the car fishtailing almost completely sideways and you still won't lose it into a spin. And the damage has very little effect on the car... I got airborne in a collision, came down heavy and kept racing with only my bonnet missing.

If I keep it it'll only be because it's the one game with Knockhill etc in it, but I may trade it in for GT Concept.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.