GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Man utds team looking the weakest in ages"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/08/02 at 19:43
Regular
at the back:

Carroll
Silvestre
Blanc
O'shea
phil neville

Typically great midfield but thats expected

Beckham, butt, keane, giggs

no solskjaer up front but starting with the very able Scholes and van nistelrooy

The defence is looking particularly lame considering it is going to face the pest strikers it is going to face this season. Silvestre is the only player of any real substance, but i do like roy Caroll.

The bench says it all its looking a bit lame:

Subs: Veron, Solskjaer, Forlan, Williams, Tierney

Not strong by uniteds standards although pretty damn strong by mosts. Looking at chelsea's line up:

23 Carlo Cudicini
15 Mario Melchiot
13 William Gallas
6 Marcel Desailly
3 Celestine Babayaro
21 Quique De Lucas
8 Frank Lampard
17 Emmanuel Petit
11 Boudewijn Zenden
25 Gianfranco Zola
9 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

The Chelsea bench is: 1 Ed De Goey, 2 Albert Ferrer, 22 Gudjohnsen, 30 Gronkjaer , 39 Cole.

You'd expect chelsea to win this on paper with an almost full strength side. ( no terry starting. missing subs: le saux, bosnich)

I will be most disappointed if man utd win this as they are unlikely to be weaker this season. Although i ve got a dodgy feeling about this game. Anyway i predict chelsea to score three goals and win. Man utd will probably score one
Fri 23/08/02 at 19:43
Regular
at the back:

Carroll
Silvestre
Blanc
O'shea
phil neville

Typically great midfield but thats expected

Beckham, butt, keane, giggs

no solskjaer up front but starting with the very able Scholes and van nistelrooy

The defence is looking particularly lame considering it is going to face the pest strikers it is going to face this season. Silvestre is the only player of any real substance, but i do like roy Caroll.

The bench says it all its looking a bit lame:

Subs: Veron, Solskjaer, Forlan, Williams, Tierney

Not strong by uniteds standards although pretty damn strong by mosts. Looking at chelsea's line up:

23 Carlo Cudicini
15 Mario Melchiot
13 William Gallas
6 Marcel Desailly
3 Celestine Babayaro
21 Quique De Lucas
8 Frank Lampard
17 Emmanuel Petit
11 Boudewijn Zenden
25 Gianfranco Zola
9 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

The Chelsea bench is: 1 Ed De Goey, 2 Albert Ferrer, 22 Gudjohnsen, 30 Gronkjaer , 39 Cole.

You'd expect chelsea to win this on paper with an almost full strength side. ( no terry starting. missing subs: le saux, bosnich)

I will be most disappointed if man utd win this as they are unlikely to be weaker this season. Although i ve got a dodgy feeling about this game. Anyway i predict chelsea to score three goals and win. Man utd will probably score one
Fri 23/08/02 at 20:05
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
GOAL for William Gallas. 1-0 the Blues! :)
Fri 23/08/02 at 22:48
Regular
Man of the match O'Shea.

Silvestre with 2 assists

;)

Blanc out ----> Rio in

Sorted
Sat 24/08/02 at 10:18
Regular
ortega that is so biased! O'shea was nothing special last night. he made one very good tackle but most of the time he was being embarrassed by quique de lucas and zenden ( and was supposed to be marking gallas on the free kick). There is not a person who was in that stadium last night who wouldn't say Zenden was man of the match by a long way. The second best player was Roy keane who was involved in every one of Man utds moves and shows why ferguson is determined to keep him, even with all his baggage. Silvestre was Uniteds best defender until gronkjaer came on late and started beating him for pace (but only as he was tired)
Sat 24/08/02 at 14:15
Regular
Not even my Personal Opinion.

O'shea was man of the match with sky sports...
Sun 25/08/02 at 17:29
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I agree with Ortega, O'Shea was excellent last night, have a look at his stats, they showed them on MUTV last night with comparison with all centre backs that were on show inc Chelsea's and he had the better stats out of the lot.

Hopefully there maybe some signings by Monday and with Rio coming back and G.Neville not far off, the defence will get stronger.
Sun 25/08/02 at 17:38
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
I still believe that Zenden should have been Man of the match on Friday. He scored a great gol and his work rate was phenomenal all game . The only other person who could have rivalled him for that title would have been Silvestre. Numerous times he tackled and prevented Jimmy Floyd and Co advancing on goal and came out of the tackle with the ball.

I don't actually recall John O'Shea doing much in the match at all to warrant being named Man of the match.
Sun 25/08/02 at 20:20
Regular
The man (O'Shea) done Jimmy with his body strength!

Anyways, I thought Beckham did the most running out there...The man could run for England...
Sun 25/08/02 at 22:57
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Hasslebaink didn't get a look in cause 0'Shea Marked him out the game, watch the game again and watch him.
Mon 26/08/02 at 10:39
Regular
O'shea wasn't great, its just that the man utd squad (ie half the Media) are so disappointed about losing fredinand that they are touting up somebody else to try and make themselves feel content. Several papers sch as the Times which aren't obsessed with Man Utd said even Gallas did a much better job than o'shea on friday. Hasselbaink didn't score but he could have. The long range shot were Jimmy almost beat Carrol was O'shea's fault as he backed almost 4 yards away from him which is ofen a fatal mistake with jimmy around. (somebody told me that if you add up the total estimated distance away of all his goals last season he was miles away from anyone!). Also lat in the second half Jimmy had a good chance in the box which was passed around and just went over the bar. The touting up of O'shea is rather like the way in which Spurs started praising ledley King. There was a huge void after Sol Campbell left and so they over prasied King to try and make themselves feel secure. Zenden was quite rightly named man of the match by many parts of the media for his outstanding performance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.