GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newbies, Regulars, Notables, you're all pathetic!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/08/02 at 16:13
Regular
I'm sorry but this has to be said.

First of all, I'm not a representative of the Nintendo forum. I'm a member who, although is passionate about Nintendo, likes to talk about games and life and such. Sure, most of the time I talk about Nintendo, but if you look closely at the forums, you'll see I've ventured into the X-box forum, the Sony forum (though only on rare occasions). Infact one of the only forums I never visit is the WWE forum cos wrestling doesn't interest me at all!

Secondly, you're all taking this too seriously! It's just a message board, nothing more! "Oh no, we've got 15 members with a gold name who are supposed to be better than us, surely the number should be reduced!" Grow up! Do you realise how jealous you sound? Ok, so some of you who are saying this are Notables. What's wrong with others becomming Notables too? Is it because they're ruining the exclusive club of better members? NO ONE IS BETTER THAN ANY OF YOU ON HERE! You're all just names on a message board - don't take things too seriously!

Thirdly, I've heard lots of spiele about how being a Notable meant something ages ago. Well as far as I've always known, it's just been a popularity contest! Nothing more! Being a Notable doesn't mean you're more respected - that's absolute rubbish! All it means is that on such and such a date, you were the most popular member.

Fourthly, As I've already said in Turbonutters forum, what does it matter if there are lots of Notables. Surely if they were voted in then they deserve it! Do you really want twice as many elections on these forums as before? Do you really want the notable system to actually take over the whole 'chatting about games and life' scene? Take a look at the forums today. For the last three days, all that's been mentioned is "Notable this, Notable that" that you've all forgotten about games! Sure, some have taken advantage of this and started topics in Prime to try and win whilst everyone is pathetically talking about trying to get their names in gold. But this would happen even more if you have another voting system going on!

Here's some advice - Prioritise. Think of the important things in life.
Sun 25/08/02 at 00:03
Regular
Attaché wrote:

>
> Nop its how well you can help others

Ha ha ha, your funny.
Sat 24/08/02 at 23:57
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
in like 5 years we will need a new status cos there will be so many notables.
Sat 24/08/02 at 23:54
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Infact one of the only forums I never visit is the WWE forum cos wrestling doesn't interest me at all!

heh, you manage to prove your point without trying :-) WWE

heh

edgy is a notable :)

*has been living in a cardboard box for last few days and unfortunatly it doesn't have a phone line*
Sat 24/08/02 at 23:44
Regular
It's all taken too seriously I think.
Sat 24/08/02 at 13:36
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Yep, it doesn't matter what you're status is.
>
> The REAL measure of superiority is how many GADs you've won.

Nop its how well you can help others
Sat 24/08/02 at 12:47
Regular
"WWJD"
YEAH! FFFFFFRRRREEEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!! or something like that we still have are freedom to speech aslong as it's not offencive
Sat 24/08/02 at 12:37
Regular
"Wasting away"
They may change our names, but they'll never take our freeeeeeeeeedom.
Sat 24/08/02 at 12:18
Regular
"WWJD"
Yeah im with you Edgy, people should be talking about the games and life there are many things that could be made into a deep and meaningful conversation. But I do think if you are a notable your opinions are more looked towards than say if you were a Newbie or even a Regular it just happens i don't know if people mean to but they do, there bound to you did get voted to be a good poster by the majority of posters
Sat 24/08/02 at 11:49
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
GasMask wrote:
> My posts have dried up, otherwise it'd be me with a gold name. Ah
> well, its nothing.

Heh, I think if you'd still been banned at the elections you woulda won. I woulda voted for you just to make a point :D
(oh yeah, and so people would think I was a 'hardcore rebel' obviously)

> Pfft, gold, red, purple, who cares?

Gold? Pee pee! :D
Sat 24/08/02 at 00:27
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Meh, I dont really care.

Anyways, congrats Edgy.

My posts have dried up, otherwise it'd be me with a gold name. Ah well, its nothing.

Well. People got voted as notable, because people thought they were the best poster/s at the time. So be it. Not like you have a magic "Ban" button :-D (Sheepy)

Pfft, gold, red, purple, who cares?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.