GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you question PS2's DVD playback?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/11/00 at 16:09
Regular
It looks like Sony have done what they promised by fixing the DVD quality.
A review of the DVD capability is available at Thresh's firing squad for anyone who is curious.
The review was for the US PS2 but i'm sure Sony will get it right for the UK too.
Tue 21/11/00 at 01:45
We won't have loads of DVD's when they make the discs double layered & double sided!
Mon 20/11/00 at 22:22
Regular
"MSR Rules"
No one was questioning the quality in this post just setting a few minds at ease.
The idea of streaming data from a DVD is not a new one, most consoles have to because of the limited amount of RAM available to store large levels. The addition of a DVD drive wont speed up the streaming just allow the programmers to store more.
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:53
Regular
Eventually the size of games will come so big, that we will have three or four DVD's to have for one game.

I am personally looking very forward to that not so far away day.
Mon 20/11/00 at 16:56
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
What people do not understand is that the main reason for the PS2 having a DVD player is that using DVD’s programmers can fit more things on a DVD, e.g. more levels, bigger levels, better quality sound, you get the idea. Also DVD’s are better at streaming so hopefully games will look great and will run smooth by taking the scenery and other thing directly of the DVD when needed. It also means that big games will come on one DVD rather than 2,3 or 4. So with the PS2 having a DVD drive for games, it would be rather easy to put some extra software on and then you have a DVD player. So would all the people calling the PS2’s DVD crap realise that this an extra and you do not have to use it, no one will force you!
Mon 20/11/00 at 16:09
It looks like Sony have done what they promised by fixing the DVD quality.
A review of the DVD capability is available at Thresh's firing squad for anyone who is curious.
The review was for the US PS2 but i'm sure Sony will get it right for the UK too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.