GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RESIDENT EVIL"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/08/02 at 16:40
Regular
Resident Evil will be so good when it finnally gets released in September , lucky for me thats the month of my birthday ! Im gonna get this and Monkey Ball from the ether superb Special Reserve ! along with a brand spanking new "cube".
Anyways back to the matter of Resi evil

1. Some magazines have stated that Resi Evil on Gc is twice the size of resi on the ps1 , is that true?

2. Will resi evil offer any secrets after the game is completed ( other than the best wep in the world , the Rocket Launcher,rember that? hahahahah)

and lastly number 3. Is it possible to purchase the Weskers Report dvd sepretly from Resident Evil X ( PS2 ) now or in the near future. I think the plot is what makes Resident evil so good ,it might be a sort of b-movie , cliched plot , but if ya look at how many games has been relesed in the series that have been proven ta be just as good if not better than its predesseror before it shows that Capcom make winners all the time , other than the bloody annoying strret fighter series , i would have thoght a lot of the charcters have been dead or somein by now or married yknow , they have been knocking about for a while?!

Finally.....MonkeyBall vs Rougue Leader.....what one comes out on top?
Thu 22/08/02 at 16:40
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
Resident Evil will be so good when it finnally gets released in September , lucky for me thats the month of my birthday ! Im gonna get this and Monkey Ball from the ether superb Special Reserve ! along with a brand spanking new "cube".
Anyways back to the matter of Resi evil

1. Some magazines have stated that Resi Evil on Gc is twice the size of resi on the ps1 , is that true?

2. Will resi evil offer any secrets after the game is completed ( other than the best wep in the world , the Rocket Launcher,rember that? hahahahah)

and lastly number 3. Is it possible to purchase the Weskers Report dvd sepretly from Resident Evil X ( PS2 ) now or in the near future. I think the plot is what makes Resident evil so good ,it might be a sort of b-movie , cliched plot , but if ya look at how many games has been relesed in the series that have been proven ta be just as good if not better than its predesseror before it shows that Capcom make winners all the time , other than the bloody annoying strret fighter series , i would have thoght a lot of the charcters have been dead or somein by now or married yknow , they have been knocking about for a while?!

Finally.....MonkeyBall vs Rougue Leader.....what one comes out on top?
Thu 22/08/02 at 16:42
Regular
"All about the Beats"
MonkeyBall

....oh and your other questions are mainly answered in Cube mag, but i cant be arsed to get it, plus i might say something about a secret to someone who didnt want to find out.
Thu 22/08/02 at 16:54
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
ooookkkkkkk so Monkey Ball then ill get that .... i bet in 2 years time Sega will be either number 1 or deffently in the top 3 of Best Devolpers around.. A new sonic game has been hinted for the GC in the future,you heard right, a new Sonic Adventure. Skies of Arcadia for multi-format one of the best RPG's around , SHENMUE 3 will be coming to the XBOX as Bill Gates has bought the rights for the series , well not sure about the series but as he bought out SHENMUE 2 from the DC for XBOX its highly likely ( thats why it didnt appear in US ahahahahahah only in EU and JP )
Phantasy Star Online will be on XBOX ( thru Broadband) and Gc ( hopefully by Broadband) A new Jet Set Radio is also promised along with a new Project Gotham , coolio. Along with tons of original titles along the lines of Samba De Amigo ,etc, SEGA is the company to watch.
Thu 22/08/02 at 18:31
Regular
"A man with a stick"
To answer No.3, I don't think it is possible to buy Weskers report seperately or indeed with Code Veronica. You could get it a while back if you pre-ordered CV, but I haven't seen it available anywhere after the games release.
Thu 22/08/02 at 21:52
Regular
If you need info on Resident Evil and the 'Cube, this months NOM will be ideal. It's got a review for it, and should give you some insight on life as a GameCube owner.

I'd say Rogue Leader comes out tops.
Fri 23/08/02 at 16:39
Regular
Sorry to add more questions just i played Resi evil 2 on the PS1 a few days ago and i wasnt happy with it for 3 reasons.

1. Graphics (this is one which will deffinatly be better on the Gamecube)

2. running out of ammo and not nowing where to go at some places

3. the controls, i know its the same on the GC version but please say its easier to control. Too many a time i tryed going around a zombie and ran stright into him.

This is one game im playing before i buy, but uill buy resi evil 0 just cause its an exclusive.
Fri 23/08/02 at 20:00
Regular
I can now answer question one.

It's very big, but as to whether twice the size I'm not sure. It's got to be close though. First of all, the graphics have been greatly improved with some in game shots looking to acheive photo-realism - and then there's the FMV. Also, many of the puzzles have been largely changed for the better, and some completely new ones included. This can also be said for the enemies you must face in the way they look and act. There are also brand new parts of the mansion and surrounding areas to explore and the extra bosses definitely deserve a mention. On top of that there's TEN, that's right, TEN different endings. It's like a new game.
Fri 23/08/02 at 20:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Sounding good, I never owned the origanal Resi Evil on the PSone, so am very much looking forward to it's GC outing. Still got to wait a few weeks though.
Sat 24/08/02 at 10:11
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Question 2 - Well the game has ten different endings so no doubt some of the harder-to-attain ones will be secret. I know it doesn't help that much but I was feeling left out.

:P
Sat 24/08/02 at 13:31
Regular
"Back For Good"
Seymour Guado wrote:
>1. Some magazines have stated that Resi Evil on Gc is twice the size
> of resi on the ps1 , is that true?

Most likely, The storyline remains the same but it's more spread out and in depth that it's probobably more than double the size.

>
> 2. Will resi evil offer any secrets after the game is completed (
> other than the best wep in the world , the Rocket Launcher,rember
> that? hahahahah)
>

Yes and Yes :-D

> and lastly number 3. Is it possible to purchase the Weskers Report dvd
> sepretly from Resident Evil X ( PS2 ) now or in the near future.

Nope, you can't buy it now even with Code Veronica X, This was a 5th aniversary DVD and can only be purchased now on Ebay (beware of copies and VCD versions) or maybe Capcom USA.

(Also a promotional DVD for the remake is availible at game if you preorder your copy, except there's little on it and Game's expensive, but if you do want it, pre-order a copy for 2 pounds, take away the DVD then cancel your order, muhahahaha)

> Finally.....MonkeyBall vs Rougue Leader.....what one comes out on top?
Monkeyball ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.