GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Two topics in one - WWE Velocity ~ WWE Summerslam predictions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/08/02 at 10:54
Regular
Right, I don't wanna start two topics since one of them is pretty pointless...so, I'll do a two in one topic.

Firstly...

Last night, I actually watched my first bit of wrestling since watching Beyond the Mat way back in June. It was Velocity, and may I say how much I enjoyed it. I think the matches are higher class then Metal ever was. Jamie Noble and Tajiri -Vs- Billy Kidman and Funaki was brilliant, high flying and of a high standard. Funaki has vastly improved, and is finally involved in a decent cruiserweight storyline. I feel his wrestling ability has gone from being a HEaT opener to a Velocity Main-Eventer. I was a bit disapointed with some of the other matches I watched however. Bull Buchanan is being give a decent Velocity run, with two victories in two weeks. But, one problem. Green trunks...whassupwitdat? Also, there was another match, but I've forgotten which one is was, LOL. Anyway, I think the second shows (ie HEaT and Velocity) are totally better. All we need now is for Sky to broadcast HEaT and we're laughing. WWE mad...:c). Now, I shall look towards SummerSlam, which I WILL be watching. Here's the second part of the topic.

WWE Summerslam Predictions.

Well, we have them for most PPVs, so, why not have one this time round. Here's what I think will go down at SS.

Before I begin, I'd like to say, I can't wait to see Fozzy opening the PPV!

UNDERTAKER -Vs- TEST

This is almost definatly a heel turn for the Undertaker...so, expect the American Badasss to win. I have a feeling this match will be one of the matches of the night. Power meets power, height meets height. The only thing that may affect 'Taker's game is probably his age. This match will be brilliant if kept clean...it won't be a crowd pleaser if Test wins, let alone if he wins due to interferance from the Un-Americans.

RIC FLAIR -Vs- CHRIS JERICHO

Chris Jericho is most probably going to win this one. Hopefully, he will end Ric's career (not physically). This will probably be the worst match of the night, as Ric Flair isn't the most exciting of wrestlers. And, what happened to Chris Jericho, the first Undisputed Champion? Is it now, that he has to face such lower card wrestlers rather then fighting the big boys? Back to the match, don't expect anything big here...just a Chris Jericho win.

KURT ANGLE -Vs- REY MYSTERIO

I cannot wait for this bout. Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle, two entertaining stars, who have the ability to put on a match of high quality. This one will be my favourite match, as I like the style of both Kurt and Rey. The promo they had on SmackDown was brilliant, and the matches they've had have been amazing. I hope this feud actually goes further then SS, as I like the direction the WWE is sending these guys. Expect an Angle win, although don't be disapointed, you will most probably have the joy of seing the 619!

BOOKER T & GOLDUST -Vs- UN-AMERICANS (WWE Tag Team Championship)

This will be a match of many surprises...maybe a heel/face turn. I hope Booker and Goldust win this bout, as they've been an amazing, comical tag team. I do however, feel this match will go to Christian and Lance Storm. Not really anything else to say except...SPINEROONI...

RVD (RAW) -Vs- CHRIS BENOIT (SmackDown) (WWE Intercontinental Championship)

I hope they make this a Ladder match, although I strongly doubt it. This match will be a decent match. It hasn;t really been hyped up on the two superstars basis, instead, it's the brand's who are fighting here. Steph -Vs- Bischoff... This one will be a match for the ratings, and will get a great crowd reaction. I think Benoit will win however. Looking at the card, there's no Latino Heat, so he'll most probably have something to say in the match...maybe screwing Chris, or cheating RVD out of a victory. I hope this match stays clean though.

TRIPLE H -Vs- SHAWN MICHAELS

I think this has gotta be the most hyped up match, other then the Main Event. In a way, I can't wait to see the good ol' HBK wrestle again, but in a way, I feel this may go wrong. I just hope Shawn is making the right desicion, wrestling again after a four year period of no wrestling. The Game SHOULD win this one, but don't expect to see the Heart Break Kid go down without a fight. I hope this match lives up to expectations.

BROCK LESNAR -Vs- THE ROCK (WWE Undisputed Championship)

The biggest match of the year, expect many surprises here. Everyone thinks The Rock will lose, due to his Hollywood career taking off. But, I think Rock will hold this title until the next PPV, in which I think Kurt will take the gold off his hands. The Rock will, with the crowds help, come through this one and beat the overpowered Brock. Hopefully, I will enjoy this one as much as all The Rock's fans, but personally, I don't really like Rocky. His matches are all the same, People's Elbow...Rock Bottom...1-2-3!

The best match of the night is Kurt/Rey, which I can't wait for. Remember, to spell over-rated, you need R-V-D! That's all for me. I'm going back to my duty as Notable Score Keeper. Ciao dudes.
Thu 22/08/02 at 10:54
Regular
Right, I don't wanna start two topics since one of them is pretty pointless...so, I'll do a two in one topic.

Firstly...

Last night, I actually watched my first bit of wrestling since watching Beyond the Mat way back in June. It was Velocity, and may I say how much I enjoyed it. I think the matches are higher class then Metal ever was. Jamie Noble and Tajiri -Vs- Billy Kidman and Funaki was brilliant, high flying and of a high standard. Funaki has vastly improved, and is finally involved in a decent cruiserweight storyline. I feel his wrestling ability has gone from being a HEaT opener to a Velocity Main-Eventer. I was a bit disapointed with some of the other matches I watched however. Bull Buchanan is being give a decent Velocity run, with two victories in two weeks. But, one problem. Green trunks...whassupwitdat? Also, there was another match, but I've forgotten which one is was, LOL. Anyway, I think the second shows (ie HEaT and Velocity) are totally better. All we need now is for Sky to broadcast HEaT and we're laughing. WWE mad...:c). Now, I shall look towards SummerSlam, which I WILL be watching. Here's the second part of the topic.

WWE Summerslam Predictions.

Well, we have them for most PPVs, so, why not have one this time round. Here's what I think will go down at SS.

Before I begin, I'd like to say, I can't wait to see Fozzy opening the PPV!

UNDERTAKER -Vs- TEST

This is almost definatly a heel turn for the Undertaker...so, expect the American Badasss to win. I have a feeling this match will be one of the matches of the night. Power meets power, height meets height. The only thing that may affect 'Taker's game is probably his age. This match will be brilliant if kept clean...it won't be a crowd pleaser if Test wins, let alone if he wins due to interferance from the Un-Americans.

RIC FLAIR -Vs- CHRIS JERICHO

Chris Jericho is most probably going to win this one. Hopefully, he will end Ric's career (not physically). This will probably be the worst match of the night, as Ric Flair isn't the most exciting of wrestlers. And, what happened to Chris Jericho, the first Undisputed Champion? Is it now, that he has to face such lower card wrestlers rather then fighting the big boys? Back to the match, don't expect anything big here...just a Chris Jericho win.

KURT ANGLE -Vs- REY MYSTERIO

I cannot wait for this bout. Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle, two entertaining stars, who have the ability to put on a match of high quality. This one will be my favourite match, as I like the style of both Kurt and Rey. The promo they had on SmackDown was brilliant, and the matches they've had have been amazing. I hope this feud actually goes further then SS, as I like the direction the WWE is sending these guys. Expect an Angle win, although don't be disapointed, you will most probably have the joy of seing the 619!

BOOKER T & GOLDUST -Vs- UN-AMERICANS (WWE Tag Team Championship)

This will be a match of many surprises...maybe a heel/face turn. I hope Booker and Goldust win this bout, as they've been an amazing, comical tag team. I do however, feel this match will go to Christian and Lance Storm. Not really anything else to say except...SPINEROONI...

RVD (RAW) -Vs- CHRIS BENOIT (SmackDown) (WWE Intercontinental Championship)

I hope they make this a Ladder match, although I strongly doubt it. This match will be a decent match. It hasn;t really been hyped up on the two superstars basis, instead, it's the brand's who are fighting here. Steph -Vs- Bischoff... This one will be a match for the ratings, and will get a great crowd reaction. I think Benoit will win however. Looking at the card, there's no Latino Heat, so he'll most probably have something to say in the match...maybe screwing Chris, or cheating RVD out of a victory. I hope this match stays clean though.

TRIPLE H -Vs- SHAWN MICHAELS

I think this has gotta be the most hyped up match, other then the Main Event. In a way, I can't wait to see the good ol' HBK wrestle again, but in a way, I feel this may go wrong. I just hope Shawn is making the right desicion, wrestling again after a four year period of no wrestling. The Game SHOULD win this one, but don't expect to see the Heart Break Kid go down without a fight. I hope this match lives up to expectations.

BROCK LESNAR -Vs- THE ROCK (WWE Undisputed Championship)

The biggest match of the year, expect many surprises here. Everyone thinks The Rock will lose, due to his Hollywood career taking off. But, I think Rock will hold this title until the next PPV, in which I think Kurt will take the gold off his hands. The Rock will, with the crowds help, come through this one and beat the overpowered Brock. Hopefully, I will enjoy this one as much as all The Rock's fans, but personally, I don't really like Rocky. His matches are all the same, People's Elbow...Rock Bottom...1-2-3!

The best match of the night is Kurt/Rey, which I can't wait for. Remember, to spell over-rated, you need R-V-D! That's all for me. I'm going back to my duty as Notable Score Keeper. Ciao dudes.
Thu 22/08/02 at 11:26
Regular
Sorry, that was meant to be face, not heel. 'Taker's turning again.
Thu 22/08/02 at 11:29
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Nice nice, summed up the card pretty well there and some of the results I agree.

Summerslam should be great.
Thu 22/08/02 at 11:46
Regular
Fanks Herc, I love you too!
Thu 22/08/02 at 20:17
Regular
POP to the TOP
Thu 22/08/02 at 20:34
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
good post. I agree with a lot of your predictions there. Its a shame Jericho had to face someone as boring to watch as Ric Flair. But....

....I think Brock Lesnar will beat the Rock. I hope he does too!
Fri 23/08/02 at 16:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I expect most of these results will be true.

I dislike your disliking for Rock though.

:-D
Fri 23/08/02 at 16:27
Regular
EDGE -Vs- EDDIE GUERRERO

Both men are being intensivly pushed here, so this one will be tough to judge. I personally, think and hope Edge wins this one. He's being pushed the most, and definatly deserves it. I can't wait to see the Spear and Edgecution again.I hate the way the WWE is sending Latino Heat. His cocky, arrogance sucks...

DW
Sun 25/08/02 at 08:57
Dead Wonder wrote:
> BROCK LESNAR -Vs- THE ROCK (WWE Undisputed Championship)
>
> The biggest match of the year, expect many surprises here. Everyone
> thinks The Rock will lose, due to his Hollywood career taking off.
> But, I think Rock will hold this title until the next PPV, in which I
> think Kurt will take the gold off his hands. The Rock will, with the
> crowds help, come through this one and beat the overpowered Brock.
> Hopefully, I will enjoy this one as much as all The Rock's fans, but
> personally, I don't really like Rocky. His matches are all the same,
> People's Elbow...Rock Bottom...1-2-3!

Er, sorry to tell you this, but I have found three pieces of evidence that prove Rock will lose the title:

1) As if it wasn't already confirmed, during RAW they had a local commercial of Superstars to be at the Soiux Falls Arena for the house show on Sept 6th. In the commercial it featured Brock Lesnar to be there, and it is a RAW house show. A possible giveaway.

2) To further the SummerSlam rumors, one day last week on Jay Leno, Sean William Scott (Stifler from American Pie) said he was getting ready to film a movie with The Rock and that production begins in three weeks, which would leave no time for double duty by The Rock.

3) Brock Lesnar wrestles every single SmackDown house show except the night after SummerSlam, the same night of RAW there is a SmackDown house show. He is not going to appear on it as the house show card link is here - http://www.wwe.com/media/2002/08/26/1161162. This is weird because he is at every SmackDown show, but the night of a RAW televised event he is not. If he wins the belt he will be at both RAW and SmackDown TV events which kind of proves he will win the strap.

So smeg off :P
Sun 25/08/02 at 11:34
Regular
Right, so they're gunna give away the result to one of the biggest matches of the year? Methinks not...How do you know Rock won't lose to Kurt Angle two weeks after Summerslam? And, just like Benoit did (SmackDown to RAW to SmackDown), Brock may move to RAW again after being screwed by Heyman. ANYTHING...CAN...HAPPEN...IN...WWE!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.