GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Birth of a Legend"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/08/02 at 02:22
Regular
November 14th 2001:

As night dawned the anticipation turns into a battle between nerves and survival, the doctors have tried all they can to get 'him' up and running, all vitals are strong and the generator is online. As the doctors wait for the clock to strike mid-night they feel the cold breeze of stale air, it was time for nature to step in and deliver 'The Birth of a Legend'. Everything had been kept under raps, reporters and media groups had only heard of what 'he' could do, no-one outside of operation 'Red Indian' had seen the blood, sweat and tears which had gone into bringing 'him' to life. Minutes were slowly turning into hours as the tension in the operation chamber was on a knife edge, only the worlds elite had worked on this project and 'his' powers had only been discussed and planned out, there wasn't a single person in the room that was aware of what was to come and the general public were never to hear of 'his' missions. As the moon crossed across the sky the chamber was lit up and the spot-light was on the chosen one, it was almost like he had been selected from the high heavens to come and perform his duty on earth and this was his moment of truth. The atmosphere could have been sliced with a blunt knife, the cold still air drafted in through ventilation shafts in a mist of gloom and the temperature was quickly dropping. It was time for everyone to evacuate the room as the time grew nearer and nearer, the nursing staff were the first to leave, they were followed soon after by the doctors but one man would stay in the room with 'him' to make sure that everything would run as planned, everything would run... as clock-work!

November 15th 2002 Mid-night:

As the chapel bell struck mid-night the harmonic echo of chiming travelled through the vacuum of air, leaving sound waves surrounding the operation chamber, the legend was born! Mr. Gates quickly turned his attention to the operating table, it was almost like time had stopped but it was all an illusion created by the mind. "Er... This is kind of new to me so any response would be appreciated", the heavy breathing of a silent monster was coming from behind the mask, Dff...Dff, the experiment stepped onto the cold steel flooring of the chamber. "Are you feel..." "I'll be fine" replied the deep sinister voice of the armoured warrior. "I just quickly need to bring your health online and equip you with the necessary equipment", "Just do what you need to do; I don't have time for games". As Mr. Gates began to bring all vitals 100% online the armoured warrior spoke... "What is my codename", to the shock of Mr. Gates he dropped the flash-light onto the floor and stared into the dark visor, "your name is... Master Chief!

"Your job is to serve and protect human life, anything that moves that is not from this planet you are given permission to eliminate, forces of evil and activity that is not of a human nature you are authorised to stop. You will be transported via a cryogenic chamber onto a ship known as 'The Pillar of Autumn', you are programmed to regenerate your own cells and recover from injuries which humans and other life-forms would die from within minutes, your main goal is to serve and protect planet earth and to fight for what our nation believes in. As of yet the full extent of your mission is yet to be out-lined but I am sure that once aboard the ship Captain Keyes will explain the rest. Your work will go un-noticed to the general public and this operation will not be discussed outside of our team of experts, you were designed to kill and that is what you shall do!"

"The Ship has encountered an unknown planet which the main goal of it is to wipe out the galaxy of all human and alien life-forms but additional information has yet to be researched and the full extent of what you shall expect to encounter is also an unknown variable in this mission. As of today you are now a fully fledged marine but unlike the other humans you were built to survive a nuclear explosion of great mass. Known to others as Master Chief you will save civilisation from one of the biggest disasters every discussed in a country where patriotism is a standard way of defending a nation of well respected citizens. I will not fit the final chip into your system until you have reached 'The Pillar of Autumn', but once this is installed you will be able to communicate properly and operate any weapon you will find along the way. Targeting of weapons is controlled from within your interface so you should be able to quickly adapt to any form of explosives or otherwise without the need for extensive training or the sub-standard Marine commando training course."

"You will be transferred to the 'Pillar of Autumn' via an advanced space shuttle which will deport you into the main bay of the ship where my trained experts will take over and explain the mission to you. Your suit is designed to withstand damage sustained from passing through different atmospheres, it also absorbs enough energy from the surrounding atmosphere to feed your body and keep you awake on a near permanent basis. That is how your basic functions work but the engineers will fill you in later on with extra information like turning on the built in flashlight and swapping between various weapons in your inventory. Enough of my ramblings it is time to get you up onto the 'Pillar of Autumn' before the situation gets any worse than it is already. At the moment the extent of the situation isn't as big as we expected, 'covenant' ships have shot at the 'Pillar' but it isn't anything that we haven't got under control as of yet, but having researched this particular alien life-form we understand how they think and we know that they will not give up without fighting against all humans they come into contact with."

"Master Chief, I am going to leave you in the hands of two engineers who have worked on you since the project started, they are going to freeze you in a cryogenic chamber which can then be defrosted once on board of the ship." I would like to wish you the best of look on this mission and remember that it is important that you work with the marines around you in order to succeed in eliminating the covenant and anything else that Captain Keyes has battled against whilst heading towards the planet. Remember Chie...", "I know what you expect of me and I will not fail in my duties", "Master Chief, combat has evolved into more than just a few weapons here and there, weapons can be used to starve the planet of food so that all life-forms will slowly die off, do not make a mistake!"

This is Mr. Gates signing out...
Sat 31/08/02 at 14:31
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah thats basically what I did. :-) Thing is its a lot more enjoyable if you take your time. :-)

Mind you, when the full game comes out we probably won't be doing that too much as we won't know whats coming except for on the level we did in the demo. ;-))

I like to mess around positioning the sniper and stuff though. I think I'll really enjoy this game - plus I really can't wait for Ghost Recon. 16 player online play ::drool::
Sat 31/08/02 at 14:10
Regular
I thought the demo lost frame rate on a regular basis, but staff from OXM said that this has been patched up, also with bit more smoother graphics.

All i do, is run, shoot, keep on running, shoot, resuce the guy, tell him to follow me, run back, shoot, get explosives, lay them down, keep on running, push the detonator, run, shoot and run into the red smoke. Finish :)
Sat 31/08/02 at 13:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
gamezfreak wrote:

>
> Whats your fastest time on the CDS demo sav?
>
> Mines 5 mins 55 seconds, beat that :)

Decided to run through the level as fast as I could this morning. 5mins 50 secs. 29 Kills. ;-)

I know the object of the game is to go in, do the job, then get out as fast as possible. But I think I'll be playing the main game at a slow pace. I like the way you can do thing differently. :-) I love sneaking up on people in the demo and using the knife on them. ;-) Think I can do like 3 or 4 kills like that without being detected. :-)

Be great to do the 4 player Co-Op too. Really looking forward to this game. :-)
Thu 29/08/02 at 14:38
Regular
Wed 28/08/02 at 21:41
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Not sure actually - Haven't been keeping track, I'll have to look next time I play it. :-)

How many kills did you get ?
Wed 28/08/02 at 12:48
Regular
savatt1668 wrote:

> Feel knackered now but I can't get to sleep. Bah, might as well play
> the Desert Storm demo again I guess. ;-)

Whats your fastest time on the CDS demo sav?

Mines 5 mins 55 seconds, beat that :)
Tue 27/08/02 at 23:54
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Sorry mate - my bodyclock is all messed up still so I'm up till stupid times at the moment - hence while you'll see posts and stupid times of the morning. ;-))

Feel knackered now but I can't get to sleep. Bah, might as well play the Desert Storm demo again I guess. ;-)
Tue 27/08/02 at 19:53
Sav has been fairly quiet to me lol!
Tue 27/08/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Yeah but my legend doesn't just come from being the muts nuts of a
> poster. I'm just simply the guy god created to succeed him. ;-)
>
> Legendary poster, gamer, lover, temper, sarcasm, etc, etc. ;-)

LOL now you guys now why i thought what i thought
Tue 27/08/02 at 03:01
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah but my legend doesn't just come from being the muts nuts of a poster. I'm just simply the guy god created to succeed him. ;-)

Legendary poster, gamer, lover, temper, sarcasm, etc, etc. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.