GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Ego"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/08/02 at 22:08
Regular
Don't know bout u guys who own xbox, but im really looking forward to project ego. From what i have heard and read it sounds rather amazing.

The pure fact that u can be whoever u want and do whatever u want, to a certain extent, just sends a pleasant chill down my spine, why? i do not know.
Depending on what u take up as a career in ProEgo, be it a thief or a warrior, will influence the way u look and the fact that if u get a good reputation then children in the local villages will start sporting the same hair-do as u. Also if u spend too much time in the sun then your unique character will age quicker and if u spend more time indoors your complexion will become pale.

I believe that this game is a huge prospect for xbox much like other titles on the way.

Personally i am not the biggest fan of RPG's but this really sounds like it could re-write the book for RPG's.
Sat 24/08/02 at 21:40
Yep it looks amazing
Sat 24/08/02 at 18:34
Regular
Everyone is keeping their eye on Project Ego.
Sat 24/08/02 at 17:38
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'm not sure about Morrowind at the moment. If it gets really good reviews for the X-Box and something catches my eye about it then I'll probably buy it, but right now Project Ego is the one I'm keeping an eye on. ;-)
Sat 24/08/02 at 14:34
Regular
When i got Final Fantasy 8 i did'nt know what to do, by the end of the game one character was on like Level 45, the rest were on about 1evel 15.

I am really looking Forward to Morrowind and Project Ego, looking to top class RPGS.
Sat 24/08/02 at 13:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I've never been much of a fan of turn based RPG's. To me it just takes the skill away. You have to sit and hope for the best that your character dodges an attack rather than having the ability to dodge yourself.
Another thing I didn't like about the likes of Final Fantasy is sitting for hours trying to raise levels to fight the bosses. Thats basically what turn based fighting is all about, besides using the right magic - just sitting there till you raise your levels enough to outpower a boss. That can become boring very fast when your just choosing a couple of selections, walking around, getting into another fight, etc.

At least with the likes of Secret of Mana you can see where the enemies are and your not forced into stupid fights all the time - hate that !
I don't think we have to worry about Project Ego being turn based though. Afterall, the fact you can cut someones face and leave them with scars and stuff indicates more towards real time fighting.
If this was included in turn based fighting you'd probably end up looking like a beaten up piece of flesh within like half an hour.
Sat 24/08/02 at 11:16
Regular
I wouldn't class Shenmue as an RPG it is as Yo Suzuki said a F.R.E.E game where many genres compile into one to create somehting that has never been seen before. Obviously the game is going to contain more of one genre than another but if you read reviews they class Shenmue as an action/adventure game and in many ways I would agree with them.

I agree, turned based RPG's are very boring to play and the fantasy games are both un-realitic (hence the fantasy) and I find that the fun element just isn't there, especially with titles like Buldur's Gate which no matter how many times I try to get into I find my self quiting soon after. I will give Morrowind a chance and definatly Project Ego, I will just have to see from there.
Sat 24/08/02 at 09:14
Regular
garbe123 wrote: g).
> previously I haven't liked RPG's....

The Shenmue series is labelled 'RPG' by many, and I think you liked those games. But having said that, Yu Suzuki did intend Shenmue to be a new genre - a 'F.R.E.E.' (Free Reactive Eyes Entertainment) - I don't know whether he quite pulled it off though (?).

I tend not to like most RPGs: I can't stand those random turned-based battles that seem to crop up every 3 minutes like on Final Fantasy & Skies of Arcadia. But Like Shenmue, Morrowind & Project Ego seem a bit different to the typical RPGs, so I'll give them a go. Morrowind is supposed to have 500 hours of gameplay and something like 3,000+ interactive characters in the gameworld.
Sat 24/08/02 at 00:41
Regular
I am looking forward to Morrowind, I hope it is out in time for my birthday in October as it will go great with my 5.1 surround sound system (end bragging). It is an RPG that I am prepared to try and give a chance to impress on me, previously I haven't liked RPG's but after reading some reviews on this one I think I might be presently surprised, role on October is all I can say!
Sat 24/08/02 at 00:21
Regular
Sounds a lot like Morrowind, still, two of them can't be bad.
Thu 22/08/02 at 21:42
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
beanz wrote:
> the problem at the moment is we know nothing about the gameplay...
> peter molyneux does have a tendency to have too big an ego for his own
> good.

But Peter Molyneux isnt making the game. Big Blue Box are and they are run by two brothers(I think) that use to work at Bullfrog(I think) under Peter Molyneux. Peter is only just showing the game off, as a favour to his friends. As Peter Molyneux is a famous face in the games industry, they thought the game would get noticed more.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.