GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"are steering wheels worth the money"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/08/02 at 11:15
Regular
Hi all,

I was just wondering, i currently own Gran Turismo 3 and am going to purchase Toca Race Driver, are the steering wheels for playstation 2 any good and are they worth the money, if so what is the best one.
Are they better than using the analog stick, as i am eventually going to purchase Colin Mcrae 3 as well, so I am seriously considering buying a steering wheel.
Your comments would be most welcome in helping me to make up my mind.

cheers
Wed 21/08/02 at 11:15
Hi all,

I was just wondering, i currently own Gran Turismo 3 and am going to purchase Toca Race Driver, are the steering wheels for playstation 2 any good and are they worth the money, if so what is the best one.
Are they better than using the analog stick, as i am eventually going to purchase Colin Mcrae 3 as well, so I am seriously considering buying a steering wheel.
Your comments would be most welcome in helping me to make up my mind.

cheers
Wed 21/08/02 at 11:57
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
The best ones are the Logitech force feedback wheels, and I would say out of those it's the GT force. (There is also a driving force and a gt force v2.0 or something). Mine was definitely worth the money, especially for GT3. I think you can buy the PC version cheaper (the only difference is the red grips).

Nobody knows how compatible any of the wheels will be with TOCA yet though. Reviews never give you that information.
Wed 21/08/02 at 21:37
Regular
Steering wheels? Worth the money? Absolutely!

In fact, I can back that up with a story:

Today, driving back from my Grandma's house, we had to turn into our driveway, as well as numerous turns out of and into roads of different sizes, each with a varying "sharpness" of turning. I have no idea what we would have done without the steering wheel.
Wed 21/08/02 at 21:39
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I used reddys to get mine.
Worth the 10 minute cycle to pick it up?
Ummmm, hard decision ;D
Thu 22/08/02 at 13:04
Ping there goes another rib from laughing to much,
you really are one funny person (NOT),
don't give up the day job(if you have one that is).

you must be the life and soul of any party(for 3 year olds),

anyway mate you've bored me enough so go and blow up your rubber sex doll and bore her some more!!!!
Thu 22/08/02 at 13:05
pecs wrote: for ssxpro

> Ping there goes another rib from laughing to much,
> you really are one funny person (NOT),
> don't give up the day job(if you have one that is).
>
> you must be the life and soul of any party(for 3 year olds),
>
> anyway mate you've bored me enough so go and blow up your rubber sex
> doll and bore her some more!!!!
Thu 22/08/02 at 13:08
'
Thu 22/08/02 at 13:21
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
It's always good to have one so you have the option of using one if you wish. I use mine on certain games but not others, find I can get much better times on GT3 with my joypad, but use my wheel for Crazy Taxi and ATV Off Road.
Where extra accuracy and hundreths of a second are vital I prefer the pad !

Draw your own conclusions !

www.ps2racing.tk

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.